Skip Bayless: Jerry Jones has convinced Andy Dalton he'll start over Dak Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't think there were any opportunities that provided a clear path to start. I think he knows he is coming here as a backup, but that depending on Dak's contract situation, he may get the opportunity to play, and if he does - given the talent around him - he'll probably do pretty well. Which would make him more attractive to teams looking for a starter when he hits the open market next year.
Yep... bingo

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In other words they are all unfounded. Dalton wasn’t offered a starting position elsewhere only being pursued for a backup role much like here in Dallas.

Which makes it more than obvious why this was an attractive location for him given the circumstances with Daks contract negotiations along with coming home.

Plus with the additional incentives his contract could bolster with playing in the event Dak holds out or is injured. Dalton could look much better in this offense and increase his offers next year much like we have seen others after a year as a backup shining in relief.
Exactly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yea, I keep hearing fans say Dalton turned down other starting opportunities but have yet to find any reports to substantiate such claims.

Only other offer I found was with with Steelers backing up Rothleisburger.

All the insiders I heard said he never got an offer from NE. There’s no way he or any QB would have turned down the opportunity to take over for Brady.

bandfan

Reaction score
So Jerry say's "Andy, I want you to be the starting quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys how does that sound?"
Andy: "That sounds amazing!"
Jerry: "Great we will pay you 3 million a year to be our starting QB!"
Andy: "Unfreakingbelievable, where do I sign"

Oh yea, no doubt that's what happened...

csirl

Reaction score
Dalton could have been the opening day starter in New England, but chose to join the Cowboys for less.......mmmm

csirl

Reaction score
Dalton is gambling he can beat out this bum, either because he holds out of training camp or he just outperforms him in camp or the Cowboys get off to a slow start and he gets an oppourunity during the season. So he took 3m and bet on himself for one season and if it pays off for him he will probably finish his career in Dallas as the starter. And anybody who thinks he wasn't given some kind of assurance from JJ that he will be given a chance (even if JJ was just BS'ing him just to sing him) is fooling themselves.
My personel bet is during training camp when the recievers (who know Dalton was a starter for 8 years and took his team to the playoffs 4 times and was a 3 time pro-bowler) is hitting them in the hands and in stride on crossing routes with his passes while Dak's are at their knees or over their head or behind then or stretched out in front of them, there will be a subtle shift towards Dalton and even if Dak keeps the job going into the season any kind of slow start will just build more and more pressure on Dak, the coaches and JJ to give Dalton a chance...and at some point they will

:hammer:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Skip a clown. On TO new podcast he called skip out as well as cowboy zone members who think Witten punked him. Said it was a flat lie and he never got into anything with Witten yet Skip brings it up like a fact. Gossipping bird

Swagger

Reaction score
I agree 100 percent.

This reminds me of about ten years ago when people suggested Dallas should start Jon Kitna over Tony Romo. We'd have some excellent NFL general managers around here, that's for sure.
Haha oh my did people really suggest that!?

Hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.