Video: Skip Bayless Predicts his Cowboys to Finish 8-9 This Season

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I am not excited for this year. I am not a Dak fan. However, this team wins in the regular season. We have won 12 games the last 3 years. There are not 9 better teams on our schedule. We will win between 11-13 games and make the playoffs, which is where it all falls apart. We will hear "this team is different", "this year is special", etc as we go through out the season and the result will be a lot of regular season wins and nothing to show for it again. So these folks saying 8-9 or worse are just picking on emotion. This team is not 4 games worse in talent than they have been the last 3. The only way we win less than 10-11 games is if the wheels completely fall off and the team quits on the HC - kinda like Philly last year.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I am not excited for this year. I am not a Dak fan. However, this team wins in the regular season. We have won 12 games the last 3 years. There are not 9 better teams on our schedule. We will win between 11-13 games and make the playoffs, which is where it all falls apart. We will hear "this team is different", "this year is special", etc as we go through out the season and the result will be a lot of regular season wins and nothing to show for it again. So these folks saying 8-9 or worse are just picking on emotion. This team is not 4 games worse in talent than they have been the last 3. The only way we win less than 10-11 games is if the wheels completely fall off and the team quits on the HC - kinda like Philly last year.
We lost talent and we have a really tough out of division schedule. We could be the same team and lose 2 or 3 more than last year, then another 1 or 2 because of the talent we lost and we have rookies replacing them.

We have Zeke running the ball again even though getting a good running back is the easiest thing they couldn't bother.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
8-9 really is no different than what we use to finish 8-8 with red. You are not in the PO and then you picking in the teens.

Carson

Reaction score
I predict 9 wins but imagine giving Dak a huge extension right now or by the deadline and then the team doesn't make the playoffs. That's a disaster.

Hopefully that's why they're just going to let him play out his contract.
If this team is losing Dak won’t be extended

John813

Reaction score
It's also May. Prior to Training camp, preseason and injuries.

Not that I put much stock in predictions in August/September, but we don't even know the depth chart for some positions.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t know why people listen to this idiots.

We could play the giants, commanders and panthers 17 times and their skit would be the same
Some people enjoy and agree with sensationalism. It is what has made most sports talking head hosts famous and wealthy for providing exactly what that particular audience craves on a daily basis.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
People here been predicting 8-8 seasons the past 3yrs. I mean eventually it has to be right, right? Go get your nails done, you will feel much better.