Video: Skip Bayless Predicts his Cowboys to Finish 8-9 This Season

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I predict 9 wins but imagine giving Dak a huge extension right now or by the deadline and then the team doesn't make the playoffs. That's a disaster.

Hopefully that's why they're just going to let him play out his contract.
No by week 5 he'll have 39,321 yards, and that'll make them resign him during the season only for us to have the usual come playoff time!

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I believe Skip said the same thing last year and year after that.
It’s just a old script.

Carson

Reaction score
Some people enjoy and agree with sensationalism. It is what has made most sports talking head hosts famous and wealthy for providing exactly what that particular audience craves on a daily basis.
Oh I agree with you.

It’s the same old with these guys. I don’t even need to watch to know how this goes.

Keyshawn - Tries to play middle man when Sherm is around. If not he’s far anti Dallas

Sherman - Anti Dallas

Bayless - Back and forth. Always bashes Dallas around this time but comes around when they start winning.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Oh I agree with you.

It’s the same old with these guys. I don’t even need to watch to know how this goes.

Keyshawn - Tries to play middle man when Sherm is around. If not he’s far anti Dallas

Sherman - Anti Dallas

Bayless - Back and forth. Always bashes Dallas around this time but comes around when they start winning.
And Keyshawn is a former Cowboy.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Actually the opposite was true last season, but it was as bad since we got no where near a Super Bowl as usual.

My bad. It was probably the 2021 and 22 season.

I don’t watch it anyways lol.

Creeper

Reaction score
8 wins is being generous. People are assuming the Giants and Commanders will not be improved over last season. Everyone in our division is better in 2024 than in 2023, except Dallas who went backwards. I would not be shocked if Dallas goes 3-3 in the division.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
People here been predicting 8-8 seasons the past 3yrs. I mean eventually it has to be right, right? Go get your nails done, you will feel much better.
Not really, i read most did believe about 10-12 wins...but were still skeptical until Dallas could prove it in the playoffs. Which has been right so far. And BTW, how do you know they will feel much better after getting their nails done, which salon do you usually go to?

Hadenough

Reaction score
I am not excited for this year. I am not a Dak fan. However, this team wins in the regular season. We have won 12 games the last 3 years. There are not 9 better teams on our schedule. We will win between 11-13 games and make the playoffs, which is where it all falls apart. We will hear "this team is different", "this year is special", etc as we go through out the season and the result will be a lot of regular season wins and nothing to show for it again. So these folks saying 8-9 or worse are just picking on emotion. This team is not 4 games worse in talent than they have been the last 3. The only way we win less than 10-11 games is if the wheels completely fall off and the team quits on the HC - kinda like Philly last year.
You think this locker room wants Dak back.
Nobody gets paid if Dak gets paid. I have the Cowboys at 7 wins and 10 losses. Sure they might win one their not supposed to. But we know they will lose one their not supposed to. And that one is the Cardinals. Dak never beats them. He's not beating the Browns, Steelers, Ravens or Bengals. This schedule is tough. Commanders finally have a QB along with Austin Eckler.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Skip is not worth paying attention to. Why do you give his opinion credence?

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling they will win at least 11 games then everyone gets excited and choke in playoffs.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I keep seeing this name, but his relevance is an unknown... tell me, OP, are you getting at least a trickle of income from keeping the name circulating on this board? Just curious, no offense.

plymkr

Reaction score
I quit listening to Bayless when he accused Aikman of being gay. That said all I needed to know about him. :facepalm:
Yep. When you bash Aikman and Landry to sell books to get rich, you’ve lost me for life. I don’t respect the guy. I cringe at the few times he says anything I might agree with because I don’t want to have anything in common with this sociopath.

rambo2

Reaction score
Cant argue that after our crapfest of an off season in free agency.
You can't ? The Vegas line is 10.5. The Cowboys are the cofavorites for the division and the 3rd favorite in the NFC. After the schedule came out the Cowboys are projected to have over an 80 percent chance to make the playoffs.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I quit listening to Bayless when he accused Aikman of being gay. That said all I needed to know about him. :facepalm:
If anyone seems like their gay it's Skip! Usually the one pointing the finger has 3 pointing back at him.