Video: Skip Bayless reacts to the Cowboys Week 6 loss to the Jets

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why... yak, of course!
Incidentally, I knew a guy about 7-8 years ago who was trying to break into the beef market with his Yak ranch.
I guess it didn't work out for him.
I'm just so frustrated. I can't comprehend how a team as talented as we are it's just so bad Prescott got killed out there yesterday Elliott is beating himself up trying to get 5 yards. I know the offensive line was hurt but even before then there's just no emotion energy. Desire to win Maybe

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why... yak, of course!
Incidentally, I knew a guy about 7-8 years ago who was trying to break into the beef market with his Yak ranch.
I guess it didn't work out for him.
I was in the military horse donkey animals you wouldn't believe they feed us.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm just so frustrated. I can't comprehend how a team as talented as we are it's just so bad Prescott got killed out there yesterday Elliott is beating himself up trying to get 5 yards. I know the offensive line was hurt but even before then there's just no emotion energy. Desire to win Maybe
I've never thought this was an uber-talented team this year.
Talented? Sure. Not greatly so though. And the coaching does the talent no favors.
Been saying it before the season started.
Just my opinion.

I called a tentative 10-6. We'll see what happens my friend.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Talented? Sure. Not greatly so though. And the coaching does the talent no favors.
Just my opinion.

Maybe I'm just fooling myself and we don't really have the talent I think we do

Corso

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just fooling myself and we don't really have the talent I think we do
Almost everybody was hyping this team as the most talented since the 90's.
I laughed. No way. Just hype.

I had hope for Kellen and liked the cut of the offenses jib with all the motion and PA and RPO's and then they took the foot completely off the gas.
And for zero reason.
Worried about injuries? Use more deception, not less.
Worried about crowd noise? Prep for it, gosh darnit! Don't go into a shell!
This team needs good coaching to take it's "talent" anywhere.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just my opinion.

They were talented last season but no one expected the players to take a step back like they have.

Corso

Reaction score
They were talented last season but no one expected the players to take a step back like they have.
I saw some talent. I didn't see the most talented team since the 90's teams talent.
The OL was overrated and their injury issues were such that you couldn't take them for granted this year.
Honestly, they've been regressing for the past 3 years and Zeke needs them otherwise his talent is negated to a point.
The TE's are not up to par.
The QB... he's a conundrum. He can get it done, but he has some real issues. He still has issues with looking at a D and making the correct adjustments and sometimes it gets him killed.

The D is, was and will be soft.
The Special Teams has been crap for a hot minute.

I mean... what? Most talented since the 93 team?
Yeah... right.

And now let's talk about the coaches...

See what I mean?

Now, they aren't some garbage team. Don't get me wrong, but this isn't some juggernaut getting wasted out there.

khiladi

Reaction score
I'm fine with statistics. The issue is that QBR is opaque as to what it actually means. We have no idea what all is in it and know even less about how it is weighed. That it is shoehorned into a 1 to 100 point scale makes me think it is a fluff stat prima facie though.

so am I , but QBR is not a real statistic, but a mathematical formula that isn’t based on any objective law. It just tries to weigh things based on subjective factors such as win correlation which aren’t real at all.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

This is considered a drop by Jarwin and a ‘tight window’ for Dak. He threw it behind Jarwin, not in front of him, and allowed the defender to close and knock the ball out of Jarwin’s hands on what should have been an easy first. Then Jarwin gets blamed..

Typical Dak...

Why are Austin and Jarwin even in the same zip code?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Its hilarious how Dak stanleys point to QBR now that his passer rating is nose-diving :laugh::laugh::laugh:

84 passer rating in the last 4 games and two of those games were against teams that are a combined 1-10 :lmao2:

There is no more “since the Cooper trade” reach anymore
I haven't kept up with the Dak threads so I'm curious if QBR has ever been used to knock him when his passer rating was higher? I've also never paid attention to QBR so am not sure how it's calculated.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

6:38 mark. If anybody listens to his answer and dismisses it as bitterness you arent a cowbpy fan youre a fan of jason garrett the person and you disgust me. If TO was bitter he wouldve just said terrible from the jump. And the Amari reference........sickening @WillieBeamen

Tim93gt

Reaction score
He has 2000 yards from scrimmage and 13 touchdowns in just 6 games. He's having a pretty solid year to be honest. Will be interesting to see if he can put up good numbers Sunday night against the Eagles banged up secondary
Eagles secondary is getting healthier...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
so am I , but QBR is not a real statistic, but a mathematical formula that isn’t based on any objective law. It just tries to weigh things based on subjective factors such as win correlation which aren’t real at all.

win correlation is real. i am just unwilling to blindly trust them. then of course there are the logs and such you have to use when you try and shoehorn the output into a aesthetically pleasing range.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Data analytics has confuses everything. Stats don’t take into account what a player leaves on the field. Dak NOT leading a WR that’s open goes down as a completion, but doesn’t go down as a TD, when it should have been. His QBR still goes up.

Like Shannon said, it’s all about excuses for Dak. Every team has to overcome injuries. Jets QB had the spleen the size of a football and didn’t buckle under pressure and was throwing dimes.
Shannon must lurk on here to because it’s definitely a lot of Skip Baylee’s types that got all the excuses for Dak in the world. The first three weeks though there was a lot of take that Dak haters threads with little to no props giving out to nobody but Dak. Now it’s all of a sudden a team game now we are losing. Dak couldn’t play D or catch passes week 1-3 but who said that when we was winning?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Suck it haters! He's better than Goff!

:popcorn:
I saw a clip on YouTube about Goff from Max Kellerman on first take today and without hearing the name Goff thought he was talking about Dak