Video: Skip Bayless & SAS discuss Sean Lee Injury

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
All 3 of these guys are morons, but Skip was pretty spot on.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
They all made pretty good points. Everyone, even Cowboys haters, have a deep respect for Sean Lee. They were all right though that Dallas makes emotional decisions instead of rational ones and that they didn't do a good enough job acquiring LB depth knowing Lee's history.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah I can't call any of them "morons". It sucks to hear but they aren't lying. Only thing though is that the Cowboys did try to address the MLB position by trying to use a 1st round on one until the Steelers came and got Shazier. Bruce Carter is also a MLB. They were speaking like they put all their eggs in Lee and that's not the case.

But they aren't lying. I can't disagree. Sucks for us to hear but none of them are lying.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It's impossible to know if someone has the "prone gene" but I think after 3 previous seasons of time missed, there should be pause when giving out money.

At least Dallas had injury stipulations in play.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Yeah I can't call any of them "morons". It sucks to hear but they aren't lying. Only thing though is that the Cowboys did try to address the MLB position by trying to use a 1st round on one until the Steelers came and got Shazier. Bruce Carter is also a MLB. They were speaking like they put all their eggs in Lee and that's not the case.

But they aren't lying. I can't disagree. Sucks for us to hear but none of them are lying.

Stephen A. Smith is not exactly E.F. Hutton

burmafrd

Reaction score
they are typical examples of todays mediot brigade. Lowest common denominator; always go for controversy over truth; never do anything the hard way- easy route always; and going for the worst possible angle whenever possible since that sells better.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
they are typical examples of todays mediot brigade. Lowest common denominator; always go for controversy over truth; never do anything the hard way- easy route always; and going for the worst possible angle whenever possible since that sells better.

Agreed.

Controversy sells, and you can hardly find even a network news program that isn't full of hyperbole -- CNN and Fox are good examples.

So, it's all about viewership, and these idiots will say anything to establish their reputation as "outspoken", so that we'll all watch to see what kind of crazy statements they might make, thus increasing their marketshare and advertising revenue, thereby increasing their own income.

That's entertainment these days. Truth be damned.

Having said that, Lee is screwed for the present, and there is no reason to feel good about his future.

basstapp

Reaction score
They said we didn't address it in the draft, but there wasn't a LB other then Mosley... who is injury prone that we would of taken. They have no idea how Hitchens will perform so I guess we will wait and see.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
What I will never understand about these guys is they love talking about the Cowboys yet during the season all they do is talk about how irrelevant we are but they can't stop talking about us.

We make for great entertainment.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
What I will never understand about these guys is they love talking about the Cowboys yet during the season all they do is talk about how irrelevant we are but they can't stop talking about us.

Colin Cowherd addressed this on his radio program recently. The Cowboys drive ratings in good times and in bad, when the information is negative and when the information is positive. So basically ESPN says, "Give me more Cowboys talk."
When viewers/listeners become less interested, then the Cowboys talk will subside.
ESPN is first and foremost a business. It may have dedicated journalists who in the midst of doing business get to crank out provocative and thought-provoking work (E-60 and 30 for 30 being among them). But ESPN is in the business to make money. The Cowboys sell.
It's something everyone should understand by now, but I'm glad Colin articulated it.