Video: Skip Bayless & SAS discuss Sean Lee Injury

mldardy

Reaction score
We make for great entertainment.

Yeah I know. It's just irritates whenever SAS goes on his rants about the Cowboys he always makes it a point to talk about how insignificant the Cowboys are and then the first sign of some Cowboys news and they immediately jump all over it and talk about it. SAS makes me sick. Dude is a hypocrite. Bayless makes me sick as well but for different reasons.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Notice Steven A didn't mention that Dez raves about Sean Lee and actually shed tears for the man when he went down. Dez says he's wearing 50 somewhere on him all season.
No mention of one of Lee's best friends on the team, Barry Church, going on and on about his respect for Lee and passion for the game.

Predictable.

They make some legit points otherwise...just irritating.

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Yeah I know. It's just irritates whenever SAS goes on his rants about the Cowboys he always makes it a point to talk about how insignificant the Cowboys are and then the first sign of some Cowboys news and they immediately jump all over it and talk about it. SAS makes me sick. Dude is a hypocrite. Bayless makes me sick as well but for different reasons.

I understand that. What makes me mad is that the Cowboys keep doing things that make themselves the object of ridicule on that show. If they would stop shooting themselves in the foot than people like SAS can't say anything.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Notice Steven A didn't mention that Dez raves about Sean Lee and actually shed tears for the man when he went down. Dez says he's wearing 50 somewhere on him all season.
No mention of one of Lee's best friends on the team, Barry Church, going on and on about his respect for Lee and passion for the game.

Predictable.

They make some legit points otherwise...just irritating.

Not really sure what the relevance of saying that would have been. They were saying the truth. Sure, they usually just try to spark controversy, but sometimes they actually do say some true stuff. There are people who just refuse to ever acknowledge anything they say and chalk it all up to being moronic mediots. They didn't say anything too extreme.

They said 1) Sean Lee has a history of injuries, and 2) Dallas is in love with the person that Sean Lee is, but 3) they love him so much that they made an emotional decision, rather than a rational one, resigning him, and 4) guys like Bill Bellichick don't make emotional decisions, and 5) they should have at least tried to provide some depth behind Lee knowing his injury history.

Ooooooooooooooooooooo, the controversy.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
they are typical examples of todays mediot brigade. Lowest common denominator; always go for controversy over truth; never do anything the hard way- easy route always; and going for the worst possible angle whenever possible since that sells better.
What subject are you on? Seems like they all praised Lee, just said he was injury prone. What's wrong about that? Also said that we have no real depth behind him? As you can see last year, we sucked there. So I'm not sure what this is about, but they are 100% correct.

burmafrd

Reaction score
What subject are you on? Seems like they all praised Lee, just said he was injury prone. What's wrong about that? Also said that we have no real depth behind him? As you can see last year, we sucked there. So I'm not sure what this is about, but they are 100% correct.

not surprised you are a fan of that bunch of DBs at all.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not really sure what the relevance of saying that would have been. They were saying the truth. Sure, they usually just try to spark controversy, but sometimes they actually do say some true stuff. There are people who just refuse to ever acknowledge anything they say and chalk it all up to being moronic mediots. They didn't say anything too extreme.

They said 1) Sean Lee has a history of injuries, and 2) Dallas is in love with the person that Sean Lee is, but 3) they love him so much that they made an emotional decision, rather than a rational one, resigning him, and 4) guys like Bill Bellichick don't make emotional decisions, and 5) they should have at least tried to provide some depth behind Lee knowing his injury history.

Ooooooooooooooooooooo, the controversy.

My point was that it was SAS--so he will mention, Romo, Garrett, or Witten...and may make fun of Beasley...but never Church, Dez, etc, etc. Over the years, there is a pattern with him that is irrefutable.
That's all.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
My point was that it was SAS--so he will mention, Romo, Garrett, or Witten...and may make fun of Beasley...but never Church, Dez, etc, etc. Over the years, there is a pattern with him that is irrefutable.
That's all.

What's the pattern?

DFWJC

Reaction score
What's the pattern?

I got off track. If somebody doesn't know the well documented pattern then it's not worth opening that can of worms.

I will say this; I mostly agreed with what he had to say.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Stephen A. Smith doesn't disguise the fact that he hates the Cowboys.
So he takes pleasure in their demise. He's not trying to be objective, but at least you know that upfront, unless some commentators.
He also makes good points, such as, "The Cowboys are an accident waiting to happen."
I know we hate to hear that, especially coming from an avowed Cowboy hater, but it is what it is.
Hey, if you hate your frienemies calling your girlfriend ugly, either buy her some makeup, get her plastic surgery or get a prettier girlfriend. ;)

Lodeus

Reaction score
I have not watched this show in ages. Does SAS still use the "accident waiting to happen" line?

Anyways, losing Lee makes me sad. Even seeing guys as fun as him to watch on other teams get hurt is disappointing as just fan of good competition.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i don't watch any espn any more and very little nfl network shows most everthing is negative about the cowboys

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

I don't know why people tend to completely dismiss these guys or not even watch the video. Even if I hate someone or something, I keep it on the radar because it makes me stronger to understand where the noise is coming from. All three guys nailed it.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what Abbott and Costello are talking about with their takes. It's obvious with the Lee contract details I have heard and with our intentions in the draft that we prepared for this. Just because these turds don't see the backup plan in May does not mean that holloman and Hitchens won't end up making up for Lee's loss.

Furthermore, there is no adequate backup solution on paper for a debatably top 5 linebacker. All solutions will look inadequate until one actually sees the results. They don't sell elite players at the corner store.

Cricket's diatribe about Romo and Garrett praising Lee personally as an issue is one of the dumbest takes I have heard from him. Brady, Manning, Luck, Tomlin and yes Belichik would all praise a team captain and leader if they went down in OTAs.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
they are typical examples of todays mediot brigade. Lowest common denominator; always go for controversy over truth; never do anything the hard way- easy route always; and going for the worst possible angle whenever possible since that sells better.

what did they say that was so far fetched or controversial?