Video: Skip - Cowboys vs Colts preview

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is going to be a tough game... I honestly see a L tomorrow. Hope I am wrong— but this feels like we are walking into a buzz saw.

Indy has to have the W— we just emotionally expended ourselves the last few weeks and the division is basically ours with the cushion we have now and the state of the other teams in the NFCE.

Add to that the fact we are beat up— I just think there is a lot for us to overcome. If we do I will be ecstatic and happy to be proved wrong!

Indy 26
Dallas 17
Lol. The egirls needed the win last week also. See what happened there. We will destroy the colts. We will sack luck and pressure him all day.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol. The egirls needed the win last week also. See what happened there. We will destroy the colts. We will sack luck and pressure him all day.

We don’t destroy teams even when we destroy teams. Our offense will make sure it’s a close game.

Etchyboy

Reaction score
This is going to be a tough game... I honestly see a L tomorrow. Hope I am wrong— but this feels like we are walking into a buzz saw.

Indy has to have the W— we just emotionally expended ourselves the last few weeks and the division is basically ours with the cushion we have now and the state of the other teams in the NFCE.

Add to that the fact we are beat up— I just think there is a lot for us to overcome. If we do I will be ecstatic and happy to be proved wrong!

Indy 26
Dallas 17

We may have but the boys have not. They are absolutely playing at a level we have not seen in a long time.

Cowboys 35
Colts 7

Little Jr

Reaction score
I don't think its so much we are facing a team that's in a must win type of game, we have done that against the eagles twice and atl. Its more about we're not and how we'll play in that type of game.

If we do come out and play well and win, what will that tell people who believe we will lose because they think we will let off because it's not a must win? Will they get credit for that? Or will it be the Colts weren't that good? Or if Hilton misses the game will that be their reasoning?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

So your confidence that we are going to “destroy the Colts” stems from the game against Philly... a game where we dominated a team in virtualy every category, yet made enough mistakes to barely win a game in OT? We should have won that game by 3 scores...

We played 3 straight home games and caught Philly on a short week, with a QB with a broken back, and a defense that has scrubs playing in the secondary— and they STILL almost got us to cough up the W last week?!

I am SOOOOO glad we won Sunday— make no mistake— but Indy is a MUCH better team than Philly is right now and it’s not even close.

You are underestimating our opponent this week and over-estimating our performance last week.

Last edited:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
We may have but the boys have not. They are absolutely playing at a level we have not seen in a long time.

Cowboys 35
Colts 7

Agreed. Dallas is playing well. So was NO when they came to Big D and ran into a buzzsaw.

Going on the road against a hot team and getting the W is a tough task in the NFL. It’s a week to week league.

If we lose tomorrow— there will be a lot of fans saying the sky is falling, we are frauds, Dak sucks, Garrett and Linehan need to get fired etc...

I will be saying two things:

1. A non conference L is not the end of the world
2. This team is going to be ready to play great ball in Jan— regardless of how they played against Indy

I hope you’re right and we win by 4 TDs— but I think you are under-estimating Indy and over-estimating our offense.

If we do win— I think it will be close and hard fought until the end

Batman1980

Reaction score
6-1 at home, 2-4 away with Indy 4-2 at home is why I'm tentatively expecting us to win.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can some colts payers provide some bulletin board material, we need some poop stirring to get extra motivated..

everyones picking the colts because one they are at home, they have LUck, and we are do for a loss and have played some highly emotional games and the colts matchup doesnt offer much except our coaches will harp the fact that we win and we lock down the division and a playoff berth..

Id say that will at least give us enough push to get us through it..i hope

Cowboys 27-24

Praxit

Reaction score
..cowboys have turned a corner, like I haven't seen before. They have to much riding on the Pipeline. Dallas 27-17

glimmerman

Reaction score
So your confidence that we are going to “destroy the Colts” stems from the game against Philly... a game where we dominated a team in virtualy every category, yet made enough mistakes to barely win a game in OT? We should have won that game by 3 scores...

We played 3 straight home games and caught Philly on a short week, with a QB with a broken back, and a defense that has scrubs playing in the secondary— and they STILL almost got us to cough up the W last week?!

I am SOOOOO glad we won Sunday— make no mistake— but Indy is a MUCH better team than Philly is right now and it’s not even close.

You are underestimating our opponent this week and over-estimating our performance last week.
I am just saying we are showing up for these games. I would not be surprised either way. But also don’t be surprised if we get up on the colts early and snap the neck.

Yeah we left a few TDs on the field last week and could have wound up losing but we didn’t and kept our foot in there throats the whole game.. I look to see us correct some of the issues from last week. We are still getting better and if they think we are gonna let off they will be in for a surprise. We need this to take the division. I know they need the game also.

This game will also let me know if we are the same old team or if this youth movement has changed us.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I am just saying we are showing up for these games. I would not be surprised either way. But also don’t be surprised if we get up on the colts early and snap the neck.

Yeah we left a few TDs on the field last week and could have wound up losing but we didn’t and kept our foot in there throats the whole game.. I look to see us correct some of the issues from last week. We are still getting better and if they think we are gonna let off they will be in for a surprise. We need this to take the division. I know they need the game also.

This game will also let me know if we are the same old team or if this youth movement has changed us.

Love the concept and would love to throttle the Colts... just prepared for a let down on the road. By the way— I am not saying I think we will show up flat and lifeless... by no means!

I think we show up and fight hard... I just don’t think it will be enough at the end of the day.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This game has a replay of last seasons Broncos game written all over it ......Zeke is tired and banged up andthe Colts Def has the gusto to keep him at bay .....with Cooper being doubled Dak will be hard pressed and panic all game long and his talents will shine on how much of a inept Passer he is when the running game isn't producing.....Colts 27 Cowboys 6

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
About time somebody stated the obvious dictates of outcome this teams been handing out :clap:

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
He meant first quarter points. If you listen to it again you'll see that he corrects himself.

What he did say that troubles me a little is despite how well we played we still needed OT to win. We are dominating time of possession and overall plays run and we're squeaking out games. Either way I still think Dallas beats the Colts. They haven't played this defense yet.
It's because we can't score in the red zone well enough. We kick field goals. However, the defense and running game are working well enough at the moment to make this strategy viable. All of our games expect 2 have been within one score.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I don't think its so much we are facing a team that's in a must win type of game, we have done that against the eagles twice and atl. Its more about we're not and how we'll play in that type of game.

If we do come out and play well and win, what will that tell people who believe we will lose because they think we will let off because it's not a must win? Will they get credit for that? Or will it be the Colts weren't that good? Or if Hilton misses the game will that be their reasoning?
It'll be anything but rendering the proper acknowledged due credito_O

glimmerman

Reaction score
Love the concept and would love to throttle the Colts... just prepared for a let down on the road. By the way— I am not saying I think we will show up flat and lifeless... by no means!

I think we show up and fight hard... I just don’t think it will be enough at the end of the day.
Bro, I can’t disagree with you. I am afraid that we will be the same team that did just enough and then the staff will back off the pedal and the players follow. Playcalling to me is suspect anyways. Red zone and especially inside the 5 and you never attempt to run the ball with the best RB in the league is killing me. This team could and I am hoping will end the colts chances for the playoffs and we clinch our division. Our Defense is looking to prove a point this year. Marinelli and Richard have them playing hard every game. It’s JG and Linehan I worry about.