Video: Skip done with 21. throws away his EzE jersey

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, I don't think Skip seriously as a true Cowboys fan. He switched from always hating on the Cowboys when he was on ESPN, to now acting like he is a fan of the Cowboys. He sees that either way the Cowboys gives him the attention that he wants for his job.
Right. I recall him 25-30 years ago writing for the defunct Dallas Times Herald. He was a hack then and now just Clickbait. And a joke to locals.

KingRah

Reaction score
It's a valid point that he had 14 uns of 20-plus yards in 15 games and has only 1 in 9 games this year. That "4.4 speed" looks like a distant memory. I know it happens to running backs but not at 24 years old.
Peterson was a burner at 29. He still has breakaway speed. It's about discipline and training. If Zeke keeps his weight under control, He'll maintain his speed for a few more years.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Skip is a ratings hoe, so that is just a stunt for publicity but he does make a decent point. For whatever reasons, Zeke is not the explosive RB he was earlier in his career. I mean, 14 runs of over 20 yards as a rookie and only 1 run over 20 yards this year, so the question is why. Well, there are several possibilities.

1. Zeke missed camp and is totally out of shape, specifically his weight is too high and extra weight does indeed make you slower.
2. Zeke is playing hurt, as others mentioned, he has been seen limping to the sidelines in games and requesting to come out quite a lot.
3. The offensive line and the play calling are not allowing him clean holes to the second level, he is being hit too much in the backfield.
4. I hate to even mention it, but he got paid and is more worried about not getting hurt than making plays. That is why he goes down at first contact.

So which one is it? Or is it a combination of several of them? I dont know, but right now he is not the back he was earlier in his career.

cristglo

Reaction score
Zekes problem is the hold out in Cabo with the snake Marshall Faulk. Faulk is a Cowboys hater and a very selfish person who knows what poison words came out of Faulks mouth to Zekes ear. lol

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm done with #21 as well. He will never be again what once was and he certainly isn't worth his new contract.

It's weird how his play has sloped down so early in his career. Half a season off for suspension, and no serious injuries I recall. But he just physically doesn't look like he has the same burst or top end speed. In his fourth season. And really, it's not like we weren't noticing it last year too.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Peterson was a burner at 29. He still has breakaway speed. It's about discipline and training. If Zeke keeps his weight under control, He'll maintain his speed for a few more years.

I don't think it's a weight issue with Zeke, though that can contribute. It's a "can you take the pounding" issue. Looks like Zeke is just wearing down to me.

Lots of people just expected Zeke to be elite for 8 to 10 years. They think of the greats, not all the guys who flash for 2 or 3 years and fade thereafter. There are a lot more of them in NFL history.

Since Emmitt and Barry, only Peterson has lead the league in rushing more than twice.

Cmac

Reaction score
Remember......Skip has "watched" for 30 years.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It's a valid point that he had 14 uns of 20-plus yards in 15 games and has only 1 in 9 games this year. That "4.4 speed" looks like a distant memory. I know it happens to running backs but not at 24 years old.

....and his longest run in 728 carries is 41 yards.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Some fans will still say he’s the best RB based on past years and not what he is currently. Same thing with Gurley fans. Some of the younger guys have passed them by.

shabazz

Reaction score
Right. I recall him 25-30 years ago writing for the defunct Dallas Times Herald. He was a hack then and now just Clickbait. And a joke to locals.

Agree, but that Joke gets paid 8Mil a year so he must be appealing to someone

kento40

Reaction score
He's the oldest 24 year old ever.
You see how this dude parties in the off-season? He's at every music festival on the circuit. All that drinking and partying takes a toll, even for someone genetically gifted such as Zeke.

kento40

Reaction score
Totally. These sorts shows where a black guy and a white guy argue back and forth are completely scripted, but there is no denying that Zeke looks slow this year.
Or in the case of Stephen A, a black guy arguing with everyone, lol. Maybe Zeke is conserving his energy for the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agree, but that Joke gets paid 8Mil a year so he must be appealing to someone
There’s many entertainers out there who have appeal to someone. That doesn’t mean their product or talent is of interest to me. Remember Jerry is appealing to some fans. Lol