Skip: "I don't have sympathy for (Dak) for going public about his depression."

Status
Not open for further replies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder what Bayless had to say when Vince Young was loose on the streets of Nashville with a handgun and many feared he would do something to himself?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do your mom and wife........my dog will do you....call me

All this hoopla for a mediocre QB who brings out in public his family tragedies like it's the laundry!
:huh::facepalm:
you show your agenda once again. you are no different than Skip....people aren't talking about his skills, abilities etc. its about being a human being...that's the discussion, yet you had to insert your tongue up your own arse. what a scumbag...you are a ******, a used ******

Why you haven't been banned yet leaves one to wonder?
NP the field of hate and 4 letter insults has opened here I guess.
Mothers,wives,tongues up arses..animal sex..good stuff here....

Lutonio

Reaction score
As i said in my other reply to @CATCH17

Its because of people like Skip, and people like the ones so outraged at the people that are outraged at what Skip said that depression and mental health issues are still thought of as being "weak" and or not being cared about.

Its because of comments like Skips and comments like the aforementioned resident idiot that my fiance didnt seek help and is no longer here. I applaud you for navigating these dark waters my friend.

I appreciate it. But to be clear, it’s not something I have personally battled. My friend of 23 years killed himself and my goddaughter in a murder/suicide, and I work at a clinic with teenagers doing individual and family therapy. So it’s just an issue I feel very strongly about.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I appreciate it. But to be clear, it’s not something I have personally battled. My friend of 23 years killed himself and my goddaughter in a murder/suicide, and I work at a clinic with teenagers doing individual and family therapy. So it’s just an issue I feel very strongly about.
I figured you helped people with the issue by your comments and my condolences to you and your family. I too feel very strongly about this and I really dont care if it gets me benched on this site. Im not going to sit here and let people talk about it likes its bringing in the laundry. This is a big deal.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think your wrong. We are talking about it now. I had a productive chat with a co worker today who fully agreed with skip. I hope to have more of those conversations, as ive actually learned a lot myself. The truth is there are a lot of people out there who think just like skip on the issue and this is an opportunity for progress. Will you change his mind? Probably not....but I'd rather change the minds of thousands of others.
Yes we are. And good on you for having the conversation. Problem is. The audience Skip reached on his show arent as open minded as you.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look man we all have problems and tragedies that have visited us during our lives.
Seems Dak is a sensitive one as if it's not his Mother we're hearing about or his brother now it's his depression.
Let me express my sincerest condolences.
If you watch one episode of the old Star Trek you will understand in its most primitive level what Leaders are made of and the sacrifices that are demanded by them.
Now Dak wants to world to know his troubles whatever it's a free country...is it good for Cowboy business I sincerely believe it is not!
There are two things we do not know. Has he sought counseling for his depression and was part of that therapy sharing that if the opportunity presented itself? The position of NFL QB is seen as one of strength and unfortunately the ignorant and uneducated see depression as weakness. They would be the first to suggest "oh hell, snap out of it" as if people choose depression. Not saying this about you at all but you are not a Prescott fan and will take the best path to piss on him. This is not about QB, it's about a man in pain.

Depression and mental illness is still the dark deep secret that many are reluctant to share and that in itself feeds the beast. People will say they think it is a disease, just like alcoholism and drug addiction, but do they really believe that?

Let me just say that from personal experience the death of his brother ripped the scab off the wound he suffered from losing the most important person in his life. I had that happen when I lost my Dad, wife and Mom in a 7 year span and my two dogs of 15 years thrown in just to dig the hole deeper. The dark and deep places were calling.

I have also dealt with mental illness with family and employees and the worst part of it is that they are aware they are not right but think they should be able to correct it with their mind. It is not like an illness of the body in their minds. They think they should be able to heal themselves but clinical depression is a wiring problem.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Yes we are. And good on you for having the conversation. Problem is. The audience Skip reached on his show arent as open minded as you.

Maybe, but it’s also kind of weirdly encouraging seeing the majority of people supporting Prescott. The number of people on the other side are definitely fewer, or they’re at least too embarrassed/afraid to say anything.

Hopefully it’s a sign of progress, but I think there’s a lot left to do. My friend wanted to get mental health help the other month, but was afraid to when I agreed he should. He just finished med school, and he said doctors that do that are blacklisted and seen as a liability. As we looked around, I found out that it was actually true.

We say people should get help, then we don’t support them (or in Skip’s case, outright criticize them) when the time comes for them to actually do it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Maybe, but it’s also kind of weirdly encouraging seeing the majority of people supporting Prescott. The number of people on the other side are definitely fewer, or they’re at least too embarrassed/afraid to say anything.

Hopefully it’s a sign of progress, but I think there’s a lot left to do. My friend wanted to get mental health help the other month, but was afraid to when I agreed he should. He just finished med school, and he said doctors that do that are blacklisted and seen as a liability. As we looked around, I found out that it was actually true.

We say people should get help, then we don’t support them (or in Skip’s case, outright criticize them) when the time comes for them to actually do it.
Yeah i dont know how things work in the states as I am up in Toronto. Here mental health is widely considered a big deal. But its only in the last maybe 10 years that its become a focus. I remember when Demar DeRozen came out saying he suffered from anxiety he was widely considered a hero for coming out and saying it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those that have not encountered it or had to work and deal with people that do have that can't understand until they do. They're not hard hearted, just haven't experienced it.

I can remember my first awakening when Freddie Prinze was riding the crest of the wave with a meteoric rise in the entertainment field when he took his own life. I was in shock, he had it made why would he do such a thing? Instead of bringing that to light, it got buried.

Then others took their own lives, lives that I had decided were "got it made" lives like Bennington, Cornell, Avicii and Robin Williams and we still only give it lip service and then sweep it back under the rug. It's a topic for just so long and then it's not because we're not comfortable discussing it.

We call it a disease but it's not one we want to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.