Skip: "I don't have sympathy for (Dak) for going public about his depression."

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There is a lot of fake anger going on right now about this and people are using this as an opportunity to grandstand their opinion on the obvious.

Today’s society is nauseating.

Skip said something stupid and now we have to listen to everyone tell us how wrong he was and how much morally superior they are.
that's not what's happening. people are disagreeing with the BS he said....you yourself are on here expressing your opinion....why can't others do the same? aren't you grand standing your opinion? hypocrite!

Rayman70

Reaction score
There is a lot of fake anger going on right now about this and people are using this as an opportunity to grandstand their opinion on the obvious.

Skip said something stupid and now we have to listen to everyone tell us how wrong he was and how much morally superior they are.
well said. All sides should be heard and we dont all have to agree. Its a cult actually if we all must agree. Like a HIVE mentality. Its a slippery slope to go down if one thought process is shamed into oblivion and deemed evil and wrong.Its called freedom of expression, free speech. We do not live in Cuba.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah that's what you are suppose to do when someone is foul. You hold them accountable and don't turn the other cheek. That's the society of old......letting someone say something reckless and don't hold them accountable for it. If you don't have the same anger as everyone else about this subject matter than maybe you need to look in the mirror?

Let's also be real.....the only people who really don't care are the ones who already dislike Dak anyway. Even though this issue isn't even about Dak technically...his name is in the headlines and guys like you will forever take your stance on Dak regardless of being on the wrong side of the argument.

Nah i'm just not down for everyone doing the pile on like people tend to do with their fake anger.

None of you are really that upset about what he said.

Everyone is just doing what they do now days and wanting to cancel the guy because he said something out of bounds.

People act like they are so perfect and so high and mighty but if you put any human in front of a camera 5 days a week and let them talk they are bound to say something stupid.

Today's culture lives for this.. Everyone is excited that Skip said something stupid and now they can all prepare their nauseating speech about how brave Dak is while patting themselves on the back.

I'm sure many of the people upset about what he said are the same people who claim they don't take his football opinions serious too.

If you don't take his football opinions serious why would you care about his very specific depression opinion.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Nah i'm just not down for everyone doing the pile on like people tend to do with their fake anger.

Everyone is just doing what they do now days and wanting to cancel the guy because he said something out of bounds.

People act like they are so perfect and so high and mighty but if you put any human in front of a camera 5 days a week and let them talk they are bound to say something stupid.

Today's culture lives for this.. Everyone is excited that Skip said something stupid and now they can all prepare their nauseating speech about how brave Dak is.

I'm sure many of the people upset about what he said are the same people who claim they don't take his football opinions serious too.

If you don't take his football opinions serious why would you care about his very specific depression opinion.
agree. Lots of Keyboard warriors out there. They act like they are directly affected by Dak lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Today's culture lives for this.. Everyone is excited that Skip said something stupid and now they can all prepare their nauseating speech about how brave Dak is while patting themselves on the back.

What a odd take..........

Your stance is none of us are really upset........just because you aren't upset? Odd.
Skip says something stupid everyday on his show. Nobody lived for him to say anything even dumber than normal. Its expected.
What does depression have to do with football? His opinion wasn't a "football take". Another odd stance.
Imagine thinking someone is high and mighty because they hold this idiot accountable for what he said.
So Skip is the only person on camera 5 days a week? Yet, he's the only one making dumb comments like this...well Jason Whitlock and he got fired. Another odd take. You are excusing his stupidity because he's on TV 5 days a week lol. Is Shannon Sharpe not? Is Max Kellerman not? Is Tony Kornheiser not?

mmohican29

Reaction score

This as well. Over it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What a odd take..........

Your stance is none of us are really upset........just because you aren't upset? Odd.
Skip says something stupid everyday on his show. Nobody lived for him to say anything even dumber than normal. Its expected.
What does depression have to do with football? His opinion wasn't a "football take". Another odd stance.
Imagine thinking someone is high and mighty because they hold this idiot accountable for what he said.
So Skip is the only person on camera 5 days a week? Yet, he's the only one making dumb comments like this...well Jason Whitlock and he got fired. Another odd take. You are excusing his stupidity because he's on TV 5 days a week lol. Is Shannon Sharpe not? Is Max Kellerman not? Is Tony Kornheiser not?

Let's cancel him.. Get him fired.. Beat him down.. I'm sure that will teach him. It will feel so good when all those things are accomplished won't it?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Y'all realize Skip is paid big money to make brash opinions? He has been doing it forever now. He gets attention, which is what his bosses want. I have no idea why people put so much stock into what him and his kind does on a daily basis. Stephen A Smith is the same way. Which is why they separated the two. They needed each to have their own show. Both have over the top opinions and are paired with someone more reasonable. Hence all the "debates".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Let's cancel him.. Get him fired.. Beat him down.. I'm sure that will teach him. It will feel so good when all those things are accomplished won't it?
Sure why not. I don't listen to him anyway other than when you guys post him. Doesn't make me any difference. angel him or don't cancel him. He needs to be held accountable for saying something stupid though. You determine what that means.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Y'all realize Skip is paid big money to make brash opinions? He has been doing it forever now. He gets attention, which is what his bosses want. I have no idea why people put so much stock into what him and his kind does on a daily basis. Stephen A Smith is the same way. Which is why they separated the two. They needed each to have their own show. Both have over the top opinions and are paired with someone more reasonable. Hence all the "debates".
He wasn't paid to do this. He's paid to be anti whatever except Cowboys. That's what made his take so odd.......he's usually the "pro Cowboy" guy. This is truly what he feels.

Rayman70

Reaction score
BINGO. Thats exactly what they want. Its the CC. I am no fan of Skip and his ilk, but using the hive mentality to squash those who disagree with you is no different than what 3rd world countries do and have done...ie Cuba and Germany back in the day. This is a nasty path to go down. AGREE.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
well said. All sides should be heard and we dont all have to agree. Its a cult actually if we all must agree. Like a HIVE mentality. Its a slippery slope to go down if one thought process is shamed into oblivion and deemed evil and wrong.Its called freedom of expression, free speech. We do not live in Cuba.
I don't understand why anyone would want to rag on a man for admitting that his brother's suicide put him in a depression. I've seen posters here vent over far less, with nobody being dickish enough to get on their case about it.
It's not like Dak's admission is going to send ripples of despair through the locker room. If anything, it'll unite the team even further.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
He wasn't paid to do this. He's paid to be anti whatever except Cowboys. That's what made his take so odd.......he's usually the "pro Cowboy" guy. This is truly what he feels.

Everything he says is calculated on his show. Everything. And he is not pro Cowboys everything.

Lutonio

Reaction score

You know nothing about my anger and whether it is real or fake, Dr. Freud.

You know nothing about how depression and suicide have impacted me and the people around.

You know nothing about the caseload of people I help navigate these problems every day.

Obviously it’s something I feel strongly about. It’s not about Bayless having a stupid sports opinion. It’s about him having a platform that reaches millions of people and him using it to further perpetuate a dangerous stigma.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I dont care what entertainers do at home on their time and I dont want their opinion on how to run my life. They have a job they chose and thats to entertain us for 3 hours . Not to spin a private story. That said, Dak was treated like garbage by Skip and Shannon and they need to be held accountable. SOME THINGS should stay private. Mental illness is a hot button issue and a convo can be had.
he didn't call anyone to talk about this. he was interviewed and was asked a question...and he answered and regardless of entertainers or not, they are people. human beings. not slaves to you and I for entertainment and garbage otherwise....

Status
Not open for further replies.