Video: Skip knows Jerry

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's still bad business to go into negotiations by publicly announcing a floor for yourself. I guarantee Jerry didn't become a billionaire by making deals that way. Then again, Stephen was born into it.

What it comes down to is neither of them can resist a microphone.

Absolutely!
:hammer:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't get the same pleasant surprise by the Morris news that you did.

To me, it simply says more about "being comfortable". Morris was comfortable signing with the Cowboys. The Cowboys were comfortable signing a player they knew. And Elliott and Co are comfortable knowing that Morris poses no threat whatsoever to his role on the team.

I don't consider any of that to be good.
Don't get me wrong - I don't think Morris is Zeke's replacement should he hold out long term. I think Morris is more of a camp body and that the move represents a high degree of comfort.

I was surprised the FO moved so quickly. A bolder move would be to trade for a potential starter.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't get me wrong - I don't think Morris is Zeke's replacement should he hold out long term. I think Morris is more of a camp body and that the move represents a high degree of comfort.

I was surprised the FO moved so quickly. A bolder move would be to trade for a potential starter.

I think it's on the table, depending on how this holdout thing goes.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I didn't get the same pleasant surprise by the Morris news that you did.

To me, it simply says more about "being comfortable". Morris was comfortable signing with the Cowboys. The Cowboys were comfortable signing a player they knew. And Elliott and Co are comfortable knowing that Morris poses no threat whatsoever to his role on the team.

I don't consider any of that to be good.
Yeah a bad signing. :thumbdown:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, should have signed someone else

I heard on the Talkin Cowboys show that this plan to sign Morris dates back to the draft. If they didn't draft any running backs, Morris was the fallback even then,

Far too often, it's about familiarity and comfort rather than getting the best option.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's still bad business to go into negotiations by publicly announcing a floor for yourself. I guarantee Jerry didn't become a billionaire by making deals that way. Then again, Stephen was born into it.

What it comes down to is neither of them can resist a microphone.
And why Jerry wearing multiple hats continues to be a conflict of interest for Cowboys Football.