Twitter: Skip regarding Dak. He's right you know

zerofill

Reaction score
Rivers isnt a hall if famer

uhhh... Pretty sure he is getting there at some point.

rivers.jpg

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
*yawns*

Is Dak a lock for the Hall of Fame?

Is Dak top 6 of all time in passing yards?

Is Dak top 6 of all time in Passing Tds?

Has Dak ever reached a Championship game?

Hall of Fame QBs get a pass for poor performances, not average QBs that cant win if his #1 receiver or Ot doesn't finish the game...

You think Rivers is a lock for HOF?

Iffy. Especially with the league tilting the game to the pass. Five years after he retires, his Career passing yards won't look so great, and it will be clear his passing yards ranking won't have staying power. Without that, what is he?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We all know the double standard applies to certain people.

Just look at all the flak Russell Wilson gets for throwing the pick in the endzone to lose the Super Bowl........on 2nd down no less!

I live in Seattle. Carroll gets the flak for the call, not Wilson for the throw.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
As I recall, the OC got most of the flak for calling a play to throw into The heart of the defense instead of giving it to the battering ram, Marshawn Lynch.

Can confirm from Seattle. People blame the play call. Wilson is rarely even mentioned when people rant about the play.

cern

Reaction score
I did. You missed it.

Probably blatantly because you are a Dak fan boy
I do like dak. His improved performance this year has been great to watch. Not just from a physical standpoint, but his ability to read defenses. The more he says kill, kill, the better. There's a big dance in our future.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You think Rivers is a lock for HOF?

Iffy. Especially with the league tilting the game to the pass. Five years after he retires, his Career passing yards won't look so great, and it will be clear his passing yards ranking won't have staying power. Without that, what is he?
Yep

He has the numbers and the longevity. Only reason he doesnt have the accolades is because he played in an era along with 3 of the top 5 QBs of all-time. Top 5 all time in Yards and Tds is no small feat...

Number1

Reaction score
Yup, and the usual suspects would be having a field day with how that performance was. Rivers looked worse than Nathan Peterman. Also, Carr didn't look all that spectacular.

it was just plain ugly

Dak's 3 INT outting vs GB was clunky ... but he very rarely goes brain dead, like the game opening INT vs NYG

one off his best attributes is rarely making dumb plays

he'll out throw a duck now and then, other than that I don't see the faults some seem to imagine

the kid has the most high profile job in sports that attracts wild comments, especially from player haters

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm more certain what the answer isn't. It isn't rivers. Probably Allen.

You are certain? You do realize that Rivers still leads the NFL in passing yard, even after this last game, yes?

He was a top 10 QB last year, he's won more games in the NFL then he's lost. I mean, I am not certain that Rivers still isn't in the plans but I'm certain that at this point, Allen isn't the best QB on that Roster. I don't even think it's close. If they decide to go another direction, it's not because any of the current QBs are better. It's financial or the belief that it's time to get younger, which I would understand, but not better.

JMO

cern

Reaction score
Yep

He has the numbers and the longevity. Only reason he doesnt have the accolades is because he played in an era along with 3 of the top 5 QBs of all-time. Top 5 all time in Yards and Tds is no small feat...
This cannot be denied. Doesn't mean dak won't join him some day.

cern

Reaction score
You are certain? You do realize that Rivers still leads the NFL in passing yard, even after this last game, yes?

He was a top 10 QB last year, he's won more games in the NFL then he's lost. I mean, I am not certain that Rivers still isn't in the plans but I'm certain that at this point, Allen isn't the best QB on that Roster. I don't even think it's close. If they decide to go another direction, it's not because any of the current QBs are better. It's financial or the belief that it's time to get younger, which I would understand, but not better.

JMO
No knock on rivers. He's been great since day one. Just don't see him going somewhere else unless it's for a boatload of money. In which case the financial argument doesn't hold water. Jmo

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No knock on rivers. He's been great since day one. Just don't see him going somewhere else unless it's for a boatload of money. In which case the financial argument doesn't hold water. Jmo

He might not cern. I mean, you could be 100% right on that. I'm just thinking that Carolina is the spot that, IMO, might be the best fit for him, especially if he wants to continue to play and the Chargers decide to go with youth.

He could easily just hang up em or the Chargers could just decide to stick with Rivers. Who knows?

cern

Reaction score
He might not cern. I mean, you could be 100% right on that. I'm just thinking that Carolina is the spot that, IMO, might be the best fit for him, especially if he wants to continue to play and the Chargers decide to go with youth.

He could easily just hang up em or the Chargers could just decide to stick with Rivers. Who knows?
He deserves to have a happy ending. I think he's hof material.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Please prove both me and Skip wrong. :thumbup:

EZh0xX0.jpg
I dont think criticize Rivers. He gutted the Cowboys the last time they played. He also beat GB something Dak failed to do. When you beat good teams your entitled to a stinker once in a while. And for those of you who like to throw Daks stats out there well Rivers is leading the league in passing yds.