Twitter: Skip regarding Dak. He's right you know

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
San Diego should think about trading Rivers to Carolina for Cam Newton. Rivers played College Ball in North Carolina and Cam fits LA much better then he does Charlotte. Cowherd was actually just saying something about this.
He nearly retired when faced with the prospect of moving just from San Diego to LA, so no way that happens.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He nearly retired when faced with the prospect of moving just from San Diego to LA, so no way that happens.

I don't know. I mean, if the Chargers decide to go another way, he may retire and I wouldn't blame him. He's been in the league a long time but, going back to Carolina, that might actually work for him because you know he's not too far from retirement. He's originally from Alabama and his family is there. He played College Ball for NCSt., so there is history there as well. Carolina is done with Cam IMO. I doubt Cam ever plays another snap with Carolina. If you can make any kind of reasonable trade, it makes sense. Carolina's offense fits what Phillips can do and the whole persona thing with Cam fits LA. The NFL would love Cam Newton in LA BTW.

Not saying it's gonna happen but it makes sense to me. Seems like one of those moves that makes too much sense so it probably will never happen.

cern

Reaction score
I don't know. I mean, if the Chargers decide to go another way, he may retire and I wouldn't blame him. He's been in the league a long time but, going back to Carolina, that might actually work for him because you know he's not too far from retirement. He's originally from Alabama and his family is there. He played College Ball for NCSt., so there is history there as well. Carolina is done with Cam IMO. I doubt Cam ever plays another snap with Carolina. If you can make any kind of reasonable trade, it makes sense. Carolina's offense fits what Phillips can do and the whole persona thing with Cam fits LA. The NFL would love Cam Newton in LA BTW.

Not saying it's gonna happen but it makes sense to me. Seems like one of those moves that makes too much sense so it probably will never happen.
Carolina has found their qb of the future. river's is a qb of the past. doubt he'd be happy being a backup.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Carolina has found their qb of the future. river's is a qb of the past. doubt he'd be happy being a backup.

Kyle Allen or Will Grier? Maybe they have, maybe not. I guess that could be true but he's thrown for under 60% three out of 5 games thus far. I mean, he could be but it kinda depends on what Carolina wants to do. Do they want to go with the curve now or do they want to try and win with the talent they have, before they rebuild?

I don't know the answer to that. You thinking you do?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
has dak played 15 seasons? or are you expecting he should have achieved all your aforementioned accolades in just his 4th season. not a very good comparison, imo. football is about "what have you done for me lately?"

If and I highly doubt it Dak ever plays 15 seasons the only thing he will be top 5 in is Rushing QB yards.

Flamma

Reaction score
Look, IMO Dak is a pretty good quarterback. No, he's not elite but IMO definitely above average. No way is he an average QB. Then consider the fact he's durable and is great protecting the ball. He'll have his pick here and there, but It's not something I expect and takes me by surprise. When Romo threw a pick I just knocked back another drink. And I was a huge Romo fan. Another under appreciated QB. Look around the league right now, not counting Jackson, not a lot of QBs turning heads. But yeah, people talking about Minshew madness. Great story, but the dude is trash.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
has dak played 15 seasons? or are you expecting he should have achieved all your aforementioned accolades in just his 4th season. not a very good comparison, imo. football is about "what have you done for me lately?"
Point went over your head

foofighters

Reaction score
Rivers never wore the Star on his helmet, went Hollywood as soon as he became a starter for America's team, wasted his early youthful and most prime playing years while seeking the fame limelight right away while going out with every famous female, went to Cabo during the playoffs' bye and dismissed it as perception of it being unimportant, stating if his career ended with only reaching the playoffs for the Cowboys then he would be a happy camper, etc.

:popcorn:
lmao. You quoted that right off the tattoo on your arm.

aikemirv

Reaction score
We all know the double standard applies to certain people.

Just look at all the flak Russell Wilson gets for throwing the pick in the endzone to lose the Super Bowl........on 2nd down no less!

shabazz

Reaction score
We all know the double standard applies to certain people.

Just look at all the flak Russell Wilson gets for throwing the pick in the endzone to lose the Super Bowl........on 2nd down no less!

As I recall, the OC got most of the flak for calling a play to throw into The heart of the defense instead of giving it to the battering ram, Marshawn Lynch. For that matter when has anybody given anything but praise for one of the best deep ball passers in the game

Some people see what they Want to see, and Hear what they want to hear to claim victim status and club other people over the head with it to suit their agenda

cern

Reaction score
Kyle Allen or Will Grier? Maybe they have, maybe not. I guess that could be true but he's thrown for under 60% three out of 5 games thus far. I mean, he could be but it kinda depends on what Carolina wants to do. Do they want to go with the curve now or do they want to try and win with the talent they have, before they rebuild?

I don't know the answer to that. You thinking you do?
I'm more certain what the answer isn't. It isn't rivers. Probably Allen.