Skip & Screamin A Nail It On The Cowboys and Garrett

visionary

Reaction score
Thought we were just counting head coach years

Bottom line is that Garrett has had s top 5-7 QB his entire HC tenure and the QB already knew Garrett's system when Garrett became HC

Look up the records of other HCs with top 5-7 QBs in their first 5 years of coaching

This guy has 1 playoff appearance, one
And the one victory was a gift by the refs

That is pathetic

You cannot defend Garrett if you have any modicum of football sense

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I'm really trying to understand Stephen A Smith's argument in this one but just can't. Despite our doubts Jerry Jones believes that Garrett is the right coach for this team. I'm not sure why an owner, right or wrong, going with the guy he thinks is best for this franchise is a racial issue. Besides if we look back on the Jerry Jones era him making poor decisions with his coaching staff is the norm.

Plumfool

Reaction score
Stephen A makes some interesting points. And probably truthful. Either way Jason is never held accountable.

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
Bottom line is that Garrett has had s top 5-7 QB his entire HC tenure and the QB already knew Garrett's system when Garrett became HC

Look up the records of other HCs with top 5-7 QBs in their first 5 years of coaching

That is pathetic

Who'd defending Garrett? You can see I never did, if you have any reading comprehension skills.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score

That is pathetic

ric-flair-woo-o.gif

anigif_enhanced-31861-1426272575-5.gif

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Don't fall in love with players over the team.
Don't fall in love with coaches over the team.
Don't fall in love with feeling comfortable over the team.
Don't fall in love with money, over the team.
The team should come first, and the team doesn't come first for Jerry.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Jerry is friends with Garrett and I do believe he's afraid to pull the trigger based on this alone. An example is, I usually try not to get close to a lot of people, so that if I have to make a tough decision with that person, I don't have any intimate guilt over doing so. He needs to do what's right for the organization no matter how close he is with players/coaches/business partners.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Jerry just did an interview saying Jason was here for many years to come. It's on another thread somewhere.

Jason has job security for many years I think.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Jerry just did an interview saying Jason was here for many years to come. It's on another thread somewhere.

Jason has job security for many years I think.

That makes about 200 or less Cowboy fans happy because I cant imagine there being any more than that, that are still pumping the rays of S U N freaking s h i n e for the Ginger clapper any more.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Stephen A is flat out wrong about that.

I would bring up Marvin Lewis and Lovie Smith to him, both who have had multiple "passes" with little success yet somehow have kept head coaching jobs. I

I'll buy friendship - I'm not buying race.

You read my mind sir. Thats when the channel would have changed.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Maybe you should go post on some Bengals boards and root for that team if that kind of continuity is something you approve of.

As a Cowboys fan, I would never settle for being satisfied with a Marvin Lewis situation. My standards are higher.

Oh yes, your standards are just so amazing.
God forbid my opinion be different than your pretentiously stated one. I should go be a Bengals fan because of it!
My point is coaches often times take too much of the blame. It's easy to dispose of them instead of getting a whole new roster, even if it isn't their all their fault. Franchises lose for a variety of reasons, only one team wins each year (and recently there have been a lot of repeat winners: Steelers, Pats, Giants, Seattle has been there three times). So forgive me if I respect ownership realizing that simply firing the coach won't make all the difference; I think Lewis is a good coach and his team was looking great this year until Dalton's injury. Just because you fire a coach, doesn't mean you'll be able to find someone better. Sure, you can make the argument that Cincy should have tried something different. But I think it was working out for them this year until Dalton's (dumb) injury. I think they had a better chance of winning by keeping him rather than replacing him with someone else just to replace him. I find your opinion short-sighted and simple minded, when in reality all of these situations are unique and complex.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I'm really trying to understand Stephen A Smith's argument in this one but just can't. Despite our doubts Jerry Jones believes that Garrett is the right coach for this team. I'm not sure why an owner, right or wrong, going with the guy he thinks is best for this franchise is a racial issue. Besides if we look back on the Jerry Jones era him making poor decisions with his coaching staff is the norm.

Not everythying is about that. Or the other social issues facing America today.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
that many?

Im giving him one more year. --- although, its against my better judgement. But, Its been a rough year all around.

But I saw something in 2014. That I think is the ticket to where we want to go. More then just stats, and wins...etc etc...

If he can get "that" back. I will be on board again. JG deserves all the criticism these guys are giving. Probably more. We look like a jr varsity team out there. We look like a team that has given up on its leadership. -- Thats on JG.

But I am one who thinks JG just might be the perfect guy for the Job. considering the environment. --- One more year. I'll support him one more year.

It has nothing. Absoultey nothing to do with RACE.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
So this morning on the Ticket they had a blip by JG. He was talking about how its like a baseball hitter who isn't getting on base but hitting it hard and bat after bat he hits it hard until finally things start working out. He was already on my nerves but now he is finding anyway possible to explain that they play hard...like all teams...and he uses this talk to mask his deficiencies as a coach.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Oh yes, your standards are just so amazing.
God forbid my opinion be different than your pretentiously stated one. I should go be a Bengals fan because of it!
My point is coaches often times take too much of the blame. It's easy to dispose of them instead of getting a whole new roster, even if it isn't their all their fault. Franchises lose for a variety of reasons, only one team wins each year (and recently there have been a lot of repeat winners: Steelers, Pats, Giants, Seattle has been there three times). So forgive me if I respect ownership realizing that simply firing the coach won't make all the difference; I think Lewis is a good coach and his team was looking great this year until Dalton's injury. Just because you fire a coach, doesn't mean you'll be able to find someone better. Sure, you can make the argument that Cincy should have tried something different. But I think it was working out for them this year until Dalton's (dumb) injury. I think they had a better chance of winning by keeping him rather than replacing him with someone else just to replace him. I find your opinion short-sighted and simple minded, when in reality all of these situations are unique and complex.

Ok so in 13 years with the Bengals Marvin Lewis is 110-93, 17 games over .500. And thats with 10-3 this season. 4 division titles and ZERO, as in ZILCH, playoff wins going 0-6 in the post season.

Ive been a fan of theCowboys since the 70's. So what I was accustomed to growing up was CONTENDING every year and going to 5 Super Bowls in the decade. Division titles was the norm. Playoffs was the norm. The exception was NOT playing in the NFCCG or Super Bowl. We even contended early in the 80's going to 3 straight NFCCG's. A drought and then the 90's team winning 3 titles in 4 years.

So if you want to call me pretentious, go ahead. As a lifelong fan of the Cowboys I could NEVER EVER consider what the fans have in Cincy as acceptable.

I really dont know whats worse, the Garrett Apologists defending the clapper on everything or using Marvin Lewis in Cincy as the model of consistency and longevity leading to success that we should all be hoping for with Red. :huh:

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Ok so in 13 years with the Bengals Marvin Lewis is 110-93, 17 games over .500. And thats with 10-3 this season. 4 division titles and ZERO, as in ZILCH, playoff wins going 0-6 in the post season.

Ive been a fan of theCowboys since the 70's. So what I was accustomed to growing up was CONTENDING every year and going to 5 Super Bowls in the decade. Division titles was the norm. Playoffs was the norm. The exception was NOT playing in the NFCCG or Super Bowl. We even contended early in the 80's going to 3 straight NFCCG's. A drought and then the 90's team winning 3 titles in 4 years.

So if you want to call me pretentious, go ahead. As a lifelong fan of the Cowboys I could NEVER EVER consider what the fans have in Cincy as acceptable.

I really dont know whats worse, the Garrett Apologists defending the clapper on everything or using Marvin Lewis in Cincy as the model of consistency and longevity leading to success that we should all be hoping for with Red. :huh:

We used to be in this group, Steelers, Pats, Giants, Seattle, Broncos, Packers, Ravens

What happened>?