Twitter: Slater: Cowboys Final Offer between 33-35 AAV. 100+ guarenteed

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak will only get more expensive as Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson (and Trubisky...j/k) sign extensions in the next 12 months. So signing Dak now and caving to his current demands will be CHEAPER than it will next off-season (where Dak would get 37m on a 2nd tag regardless if the cap overall goes down because of Covid-19), So if Jerry and Stephen let Dak play on the tag this year, they're almost certainly saying goodbye after this season unless they win a SB and Dak leads them, in which case Dak might not even sign the 2nd tag at 37m when he could get 45m+ because he would get 54m on a 3rd tag, so over 2021-2022, his average would be 45.5,

I can't understand why JJ and Stephen didn't sign Dak to an extension during the 2018 season or last off-season when he would have been 75-90% cheaper. But their ridiculous insistence that "Deadlines Make Deals" is out-dated thinking. You're not negotiating oil drilling contracts. It's NFL contracts in 2020.

I don't blame Dak one iota for sticking to his demands. Owners can cut players and toss them aside however they want. Power to the players.

Give Dak a 4y 140m deal with 50m signing bonus that they can pro-rate over the 4 years, and guarantee 120m. It reduces their 2021 cap.
yes, but with the uncertainty in the world going forward, NOTHING is a lock. He would be wise to sign the deal. He may find the market totally reset in 2021 if the economy bottoms out globally due to the Pandemic. Very risky move to wait by both sides.

Rayman70

Reaction score
as per usual Jane Slater is regurgitating the same thing over and over that has been on the table for months,as if its a new story. Shes always a day late...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I can’t believe he will say no to this.

It’s disappointing I used to really think he was a team first kinda guy.
I can't believe anyone thinks he'd say yes to that.

This deal would have been fine a year ago.
That's Dallas issue. They can't admit they were wrong so keep digging the hole deeper.
Suck it up, make the deal and move on.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
as per usual Jane Slater is regurgitating the same thing over and over that has been on the table for months,as if its a new story. Shes always a day late...
When we signed McCarthy she had no idea the day before on nfl network. they’ll be lining up interviews etc. that Monday McCarthy signs and she’s on nfl network backpedaling. She’s so off

Rayman70

Reaction score

That's Dallas issue. They can't admit they were wrong so keep digging the hole deeper.
agree and disagree. The caveat in this IS the global uncertainty with the pandemic. You gonna pay a guy if we cant play a full season? WHAT if 2021 see's a salary reset in the NFL? WHAT THEN? It could mean all sorts of things go wonky. We stand to lose him for absolutely NADA. He most likely will be gone. That cannot happen. I dont see us tagging him twice. Too expensive. So we are spittin in the wind if we keep him on the tag. ALSO, why pay him more than whats been offered? i THOUGHT it was only about the years? lol hmm...

Rayman70

Reaction score
When we signed McCarthy she had no idea the day before on nfl network. they’ll be lining up interviews etc. that Monday McCarthy signs and she’s on nfl network backpedaling. She’s so off
yup as always. Lazy journalism.

glimmerman

Reaction score
While I 100% agree with you. From a financial standpoint he's gonna make more $$. If they franchise him for 2 seasons he will average 34.5 million in str8 cash over 2 seasons. Everyone knows most deals are back loaded so his first 2 years of his new contract wouldn't come close to those even at 35-36m a year. The franchise tag is also totally guaranteed. Dak has bet on himself every step of the way, why would he stop now? Our front office is so dumb that they give him more weapons to succeed and think he will have worse years lol.
Depends what that sweet signing bonus check looks like. If they pay him 25-27 a year the first 2 years but give him a 30 million signing bonus then it’s off to the bank and lambo store. Lol.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Step up to the plate jt
If we assume, like most say, that Dallas has already offered 5 years , 175 M and 113 guaranteed

What's your offer?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mike Fisher is of the Jane Slater ilk sadly. The Dallas area media are complicit morons. Dave Archer is the only guy there I trust.

glimmerman

Reaction score
agree and disagree. The caveat in this IS the global uncertainty with the pandemic. You gonna pay a guy if we cant play a full season? WHAT if 2021 see's a salary reset in the NFL? WHAT THEN? It could mean all sorts of things go wonky. We stand to lose him for absolutely NADA. He most likely will be gone. That cannot happen. I dont see us tagging him twice. Too expensive. So we are spittin in the wind if we keep him on the tag. ALSO, why pay him more than whats been offered? i THOUGHT it was only about the years? lol hmm...
Starting to think now it’s as much as he can get and for the shortest amount of time.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
yes, but with the uncertainty in the world going forward, NOTHING is a lock. He would be wise to sign the deal. He may find the market totally reset in 2021 if the economy bottoms out globally due to the Pandemic. Very risky move to wait by both sides.
That won't work because he has an ironclad guarantee of 31.4M and either free agency or 37.7M next year.
He won't be effected by a falling cap because his numbers are locked in.

Like most sports there will be a year of lower income. It is all guesses as to how they'll deal with that but in all likelihood it will be spreading that shortfall season across like 3 others into the future.

Almost regardless of the economy the deal in 2022 for streaming rights will blow anything we've seen for media rights out of the water.
You are talking global versus national.
Amazon and Netflix and Disney and Youtube will battle tooth and nail to win this which would set them up as the major streaming service and carry their entire lineup.
Most likely they'll be splintered like now across major networks all of them paying a fortune for a slice.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Step up to the plate jt
If we assume, like most say, that Dallas has already offered 5 years , 175 M and 113 guaranteed

What's your offer?
Well.. I will take it. But make it 114 guaranteed and I sign right now.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That won't work because he has an ironclad guarantee of 31.4M and either free agency or 37.7M next year.
He won't be effected by a falling cap because his numbers are locked in.

Like most sports there will be a year of lower income. It is all guesses as to how they'll deal with that but in all likelihood it will be spreading that shortfall season across like 3 others into the future.

Almost regardless of the economy the deal in 2022 for streaming rights will blow anything we've seen for media rights out of the water.
You are talking global versus national.
Amazon and Netflix and Disney and Youtube will battle tooth and nail to win this which would set them up as the major streaming service and carry their entire lineup.
Most likely they'll be splintered like now across major networks all of them paying a fortune for a slice.
Not sure if anything is guaranteed if there is no season. The owners aren’t going to eat it. I am hoping there will be a season. I say go for it.!