Slater on Payton, nailed hours before the news broke

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
If we give up a 1st rounder for him I am going to be pissed
Yea lets keep drafting players that get us into the playoffs and be 1 and done. I am tired of being outcoached and out played. Look at the last 25 years, we have nothing to show for it. If a 1st rounder is what it takes to change this franchise that is a cheap price to pay.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea lets keep drafting players that get us into the playoffs and be 1 and done. I am tired of being outcoached and out played. Look at the last 25 years, we have nothing to show for it. If a 1st rounder is what it takes to change this franchise that is a cheap price to pay.
You’re tired of being out coached so you want to trade a first rounder for a guy who’s essentially quitting on his team lol.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Does anyone else think it's kind of weak for him to quit now that Jameis is his QB? Like he said he'd give it a shot but realized he's going to taint his legacy being stuck with a crap QB?

For me, it'll be telling if/when/where he comes back.
If he's planning on coming to Dallas I think that's proof that he's not real concerned about it.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
You’re tired of being out coached so you want to trade a first rounder for a guy who’s essentially quitting on his team lol.
There is a difference between "quitting" and needing a break from coaching. If you have worked long hours in your life with many of those years wondering if your going to have a job, it takes an exhaustion on your body. If you are a family man you will understand that your family comes first, set yourself at home then work on your job.

JustChip

Reaction score
Would it really be that much different with Dak?
If you don’t know the difference between what crap Payton ran out there post Winston and Dak, there’s no hope for you. Winston vs. Dak is a reasonable debate.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Does anyone else think it's kind of weak for him to quit now that Jameis is his QB? Like he said he'd give it a shot but realized he's going to taint his legacy being stuck with a crap QB?

For me, it'll be telling if/when/where he comes back.

I said the exact thing in another thread . Giving millions to Hill thinking that was an option at QB was not going to work . Depending on a recovered from serious injury Winston not going to work. He bailed it’s that simple .

McVey Taylor McDermott Shanahan Kingsbury types are out there you have to look . Going back to a coach who won a decade or more in the past ( MM Payton ) is not the right track .

Last edited:

robjay04

Reaction score
I said the exact thing in another thread . Giving millions to Hill thinking that was an option at QB was not going to work . Depending on a recovered from serious injury Winston not going to work. He bailed it’s that simple .

Can’t blame him…he probably wants to go somewhere, if he returns, with an established quarterback.

Easy to forget that Brees had five years of coaching and started to show flashes of greatness before Payton.

JBS

Reaction score
we aren’t giving up a first. That is outrageous.

Saints have zero leverage once they hire a new coach.
Not entirely true. They hold the asset - not releasing him out of his contract is all the leverage. Want him? Pay for him