Twitter: Slater: Team has lost faith and respect for new staff

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As I believe you and I briefly touched on couple of days ago and is pointed out in a separate thread today that I responded to...

The whole premise of this HC and specifically this DC was to acquire good football players.

It was all about adapting the scheme to the skill sets of these players.

If they ain't grasping it then it is the DIRECT RESPONSIBILITY of the coaches to acknowledge and tweak as is warranted.
Whether this tweak is weekly, or in the game during a series or if need be for every defensive play.
Every single post absolving accountability of the coaches to ensure this is on coaching. The split second it occurs. Call Time Out. They have 6 of them.

Mind boggling how goal posts around here shift on coaching, coaching and more coaching and when it's an absolute failure, it has nothing to do with coaching.

It is the HC's job to ensure his DC has the HCs defensive team prepared, motivated and focused.
It is the DCs job,
during the game even, believe it or not, to make whatever changes need making to address in game issues.

This is ALL basic chain of command, job description and accountability/resposibility of the HC and DC positions.

Spare me the ALL 22 lack of effort yada yada bullcrap as believe it or not, this falls under the heading of coach responsibility as well.

PS. If Zeke fumbles, coaching for every day this week shoulda been old school him required to tote the rock around everywhere he went and every player encountering him, knocking at it to get it loose. Old school but still applicable today.

Coaching

It continues to blow my mind here how no one in the front office or coaching staff is accountable or responsible for anything.

Watch an Andy Reid press conference after a loss. It's called accountability/responsibility at the COACHING level.
Some here are so clueless they still might not get it.

It would be a dream come true if Jerry and Stephen, put together, had the wherewithal to match what Andy Reid is able to accomplish with his teams. Coaches like McCarthy can always come in and claim to adjust to their talents to their players but when push comes to shove, they're not the only one who might want to have the capacity to be flexible enough to make that adjustment. Their assistant coaches must be willing to do the same.

I sometimes wonder if Will McClay tries to relate his knowledge to our FO, in order to impart a clue how to run the franchise. If he tried, would they even understand what he was trying to reveal for their betterment? If so, would they even be willing to make the necessary investments to make such deals possible? I wonder about that. I suspect frugality interferes with their willingness to make that spending plunge. Being both owners and GMs can easily become highly conflicting interests. ;)

Last edited:

Jfconrow

Reaction score
What are the McCarthy practices like compared to Garrett’s? Why hate on the coach unless it’s just pointing figures for the losses. Makes me think a lot of players are on their way out the door. I’d start with a new Dline and 3 new LBs

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The rat is Lewis or Everson Griffen. When the truth comes out, you will see. They are the only ones that make sense.

Overall though, it’s both. Coaches suck and players suck. And yes our previous coaching staff sucked too, just not as bad. Blow everything up. I want everyone on that defense but Diggs gone. Aldon can stay too. We’re forced to keep Jaylon and DLAw, but as soon as they can be released, let them into the wild. They’re garbage.

offense can stay. We need some more O-linemen. See if anyone takes bait for Zeke. As soon as we can let him go, I say release him into the wild too. He sucks butt too. Let Amari’s contract run out. Hopefully we can build a new team up by the time these horrid contracts run out

Wouldn't shock me....infact.. I'd almost bet on it. Griffen probably has the most to gripe about since he's been used out of place the most. Should be your nickle speed DT on 3rd down...instead...we got him playing OLB in a 3-4 scheme. Just dumb to ask him to cover in space.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But we don't have the same players on defense. It's very different.

The only starters we list were byron and heath. That is absolutely no excuse to be this bad. I get awuzie is hurt. But they added pieces too.

Mccoy, poe, Griffen, smith, diggs, robinson, Worley etc. These coaches were here before free agency and they draft so they brought in guys that were supposed to fit what nolan wanted to do.

KB1122

Reaction score
I think Jason Garrett did a good job at coach. And it hasn't taken long to show.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
This is on Jerry. Organization has to change how they operate or this will continue.