Twitter: Slater: Team has lost faith and respect for new staff

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
This is the worst defense in the Super Bowl era. Stop making excuses for them. The Eagles won the division with a litany of injuries. They won a Super Bowl with a backup QB.

And the coach of the 2005 49ers....Mike Nolan!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I felt like Zeke should have been benched for a bit. I would lose confidence too if there was lack of accountability.
He was benched for a series until Jerry called down to Mike an insisted he be put back in.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How do we know how accurate she is. Her track record lately has not been very good.
Posters on here have been giving her a hard time about it.
Now, I have not read through any posts yet. But how many now are believing her as opposed to saying she is full of crap as usual. Depends on ones point of view.

However if she is right or wrong, or taking some media liberties. The players should be critical.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Its not the team.

There are certain defense players who are not able to understand a more complex defense scheme and now question the dc.

Cut their lazy arses and we are fine.

DFlaw, Smith etc....

Zordon

Reaction score
How do we know how accurate she is. Her track record lately has not been very good.
Posters on here have been giving her a hard time about it.
Now, I have not read through any posts yet. But how many now are believing her as opposed to saying she is full of crap as usual. Depends on ones point of view.

However if she is right or wrong, or taking some media liberties. The players should be critical.
I don't trust her on contract stuff that involves multiple parties, but she does have contacts with players, no question.

kevm3

Reaction score
We can blame the players, but who is going to hold them accountable? There's a reason you don't hear about all the 'soft' and 'unprepared' players on the Patriots.... because Belichick gives them the boot or a benching if they don't get in line. I think it was Gronk that pointed out how the Cowboys were practicing inside while the Patriots were practicing outside in the cold and that's what gave them the advantage. Why did Demarcus Ware look washed up and overpaid here and yet he goes to Denver and is part of a superbowl winning team? Same with Martellus Bennett. The problem is there is no discipline being imposed from the leadership here. If this player or that player is lazy, you attempt to motivate them and if they don't step up, you send them on their way.

infamousstyles

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy wasn’t the type of coach I thought we needed (definitely needed a no nonsense type) but ultimately as other have stated...until jerry changes his culture and what he created...it may never change. We have a lot of soft players on this roster. We could easily be looking at another decade plus of this. Get ready for the Dallas Cowboys not winning a super bowl for 35 years jokes.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I get why this is the players fault they aren’t producing but we never heard them speak of Jason Garrett and co. like this....

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not saying that the staff is doing a great job. But, the staff was saddled with most of these malcontent, whiny players. We need to freshen up this roster and figure out who the complainers are.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
what’s they’re excuse last year when they looked lifeless late in the year against a depleted eagles team.

this organization is so poorly run it isn’t even funny. JJ is mad.... he should look in the mirror he’s the problem.

his ego is the reason we haven’t won a title in 25 years. And it will continue .

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
MM recently make some comments about what he's heard about the players' complaints.

He said the players need to talk to the coaches involved before complaining to the media.

Hopefully, he made that point clear to the players! Maybe communication is a better idea.