Slater with a quote from a Cowboy source on free agency

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Really need to start seeing empty seats at JerryWorld
why> sports is entertainment.... if you are gonna skip them live, skip them period and dont watch..... but we know you arent doing that.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Good lord. Mountain and Pappy’s dreams are about to come true. Those two will be insufferable. :facepalm: :thumbdown:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I laugh cause I know people are going to go ballistic when we sign him. I am 90% certain he's back. It honestly makes sense sign zeke and draft a rookie. He knows the offense.
Will be good to see Dak and Zeke ride off into the sunset together.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Makes sense if they are not going to restructure Dak. Make him play this year at 59 hit. Then he walks next year with 36m in dead money. I guess it's like we're getting russel Wilson but making him play one more year.

chuck520

Reaction score
This is exactly why the Cowboys need to be rebuilding/tanking crowd shouldn't be laughed at...If the Cowboys can't afford to improve the roster in it's current state it makes a ton of sense to at least partially tear it down and try again.
if they are going to into full rebuild why would the fans even support this team anymore? This front office has no chance at rebuilding.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
if they are going to into full rebuild why would the fans even support this team anymore? This front office has no chance at rebuilding.
I’d respect them more for trying something new rather than running it back with less talent on the roster.

chuck520

Reaction score
I’d respect them more for trying something new rather than running it back with less talent on the roster.
You would respect them for tearing apart a playoff team then building a bad team? Are you serious? This is basically just repeating history. If they did what you are saying, the fans would abandon them in droves because there would be no reason to support a bottom feeder.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You would respect them for tearing apart a playoff team then building a bad team? Are you serious? This is basically just repeating history
If they’re not going to make any moves to improve the team then yes. They should either be all in for 2024 and actually make a championship run or look to rebuild if they don’t think this core squad is capable of getting over the hump.

I would much rather them try a new strategy rather than the exact same thing they’ve been doing for a decade now that has led to early playoff exits.

chuck520

Reaction score
If they’re not going to make any moves to improve the team then yes. They should either be all in for 2024 and actually make a championship run or look to rebuild if they don’t think this core squad is capable of getting over the hump.

I would much rather them try a new strategy rather than the exact same thing they’ve been doing for a decade now that has led to early playoff exits.
I'm not understanding the logic here. If they arent going to try to improve the team now what makes you think they can do a full rebuild? If anything the early playoff exits show this is their ceiling not the floor.

If they want to give up then they might as well sell the team because if the front office doesnt care about winning then why should the fans continue to support this team?

MikeT22

Reaction score
Why wait?
Good question. It never made sense to bring him back if you weren't going to extend him and that didn't make sense. All I know is Jerry hates eating a contract and paying 2 HC's at once. Guess he'd rather let the guy play out his contract even if it means a wasted season.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Honestly, if we have to pick and choose positions to go cheap on, RB is one that I would be ok with. There are tons of cheap vets out there and we could use a mid round draft pick on one. RBs are a dime a dozen.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Cap is a tired and lame excuse....the cap is so easily manipulated. I have shown multiple times that we could clear 70m in space if we wanted to, mostly with the stroke of a pen with a few cuts of guys that aren't difference makers.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm not understanding the logic here. If they arent going to try to improve the team now what makes you think they can do a full rebuild? If anything the early playoff exits show this is their ceiling not the floor.

If they want to give up then they might as well sell the team because if the front office doesnt care about winning then why should the fans continue to support this team?
The logic is to eat some of these heavy cap numbers now so they can be players in free agency next year. It completely sucks because you’re basically throwing in the towel on 2024, or at least giving your team long odds but long term it can be an impactful move to reset your books….assuming it’s done correctly.

That last part worries me. If we see them basically pass on free agency then open up cap space after the draft by handing out extensions we’re screwed. The time to lock up a guy like Dak is either now or never if you think you’ve got a replacement lined up. What you don’t do is sign him 4 months from now when the extra space can’t be used.