Twitter: Slater's take on the Cowboys final board

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, those two picks really take the shine off of our recent draft success. I'm going to say that Marinelli had something to do with it though. Either the picks themselves or their failure once they entered the league.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS0H9gS4fk48bao2PY9YeaLpNRUokNTwSQEaQ0cst8-SyptFMk2&usqp=CAU

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait what?

Someone please correct me.

Does this say that these two have seen the final board and the team is ok w them commenting publicly on it?

I'm confused.

It means she is in the media and they know that Cowboys fan will buy any type of rumor...

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I might not enjoy the pick, but I'll enjoy the moment.
The board is overdue for a good meltdown. First, the draft picks. Next, Dak's contract. Then, for good measure, Godell might deny reinstatement of Gregory or Alston. I predict flame wars. :muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Trading back to get Ruiz and still getting a day 1 defensive starter with the extra pick works for me.

I would also be fine with a trade back and take Fulton the CB and grap Cushionberry the center in the 2nd round.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares? I had my older daughter cut my hair. Bought some nice clippers. Watched a couple videos. She did a nice fade. Back and sides look great. We had no answer for the top. I look ridiculous now. We are going to give it another whirl.
If you have relatively short hair, start with a longer cutting attachment for all the hair, then, do the fade and trim. I did the first part at home, and two girls from work did the trim work. Looks pretty good.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was really happy when Dallas signed Will McClay and the team did really well at the draft for several years. My question is was He responsible for drafting Taco Charleton and Trysten Hill, or did someone else get in his way and made those selections?? I'm asking because I no longer have the confidence in who this team will draft anymore..
Marinelli did the crime.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
this form always goes into meltdown.:)
We do not meltdown..

We not not meltdown.

We get soft in the middle of our brains..

and our fingers and toes curl..

But we do not meltdown.

Secretary..put this in the notes of our meeting.

plasticman

Reaction score
I see a trade down for extra picks. The Cowboys need a lot of low paid over achievers to offset their big contracts.

Unless...

The scouts around the NFL aren't congregating and sharing thoughts, I think this draft is going to be the most unpredictable ever. Some really good players are going to fall through the cracks.

quickccc

Reaction score
Trading back to get Ruiz and still getting a day 1 defensive starter with the extra pick works for me.

yeh ...Us moving back further in draft, and aiming more for ruiz at the bottom half of 1st round, would not only let me know they don't want
and don't trust McGovern at center but of course the draftees most coveted and worthy of 17th overall are gone off the board, ..not panic and go for a reach
and go the immediate course is sticking with the value of the draft board, which includes the Plan B of moving back in a trade, gather extra valued picks while targeting the incoming "B-group" prospects on their board. (ala Ruiz ?)

:clap:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I don't think Dallas still draft a center at all in this draft, so much so I'm almost willing to bet on it. Ruiz will not be drafted by the Cowboys and only a smokescreen and fans that panic is the reason his name even comes up. He wasn't said to be a first round pick by nobody until Frederick retired