Slay stays in Philly

Ken

Reaction score
Ya, as I have already commented.....good

Keep him, real test is did they keep him and lose CJGJ. I know which one i would keep.

IF they keep all...well done. Something has to give though...i have no idea where they are getting this money from.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ya, as I have already commented.....good

Keep him, real test is did they keep him and lose CJGJ. I know which one i would keep.

IF they keep all...well done. Something has to give though...i have no idea where they are getting this money from.
It's usually the simplest, most obvious answer.

They have a more creative, better GM than we do.

PS - At the end of the day, what Roseman is banking on are the large projected future cap increases.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
No but now they can draft Carter who will probably have a bigger impact.
I don’t think so, but we’ll have to wait a little while to see.

I think Witherspoon is going to be great and his attitude is going to effect the whole defense.

I do think Carter is good too but just not like Witherspoon.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

I think Witherspoon is going to be great and his attitude is going to effect the whole defense.

We will see.

Proof

Reaction score
Yep. Between home town discounts and established veterans returning rather than looking elsewhere, they definitely have a team that players want to stay with.
like who? cox has only ever played for them (and is rapidly declining) i don’t believe bradberry had the market he says he did, and no one wanted slay

Proof

Reaction score

he’s almost tailor made for the lions

Ken

Reaction score
It's usually the simplest, most obvious answer.

They have a more creative, better GM than we do.

PS - At the end of the day, what Roseman is banking on are the large projected future cap increases.
"Better GM"

Somehow loses Hargrave in FA but still has 12 mill in dead money. Signs Bradbury in FA for big money, yet still has 5 mill in dead money. Kyzir White...lost in FA but still has 1.2 mill in dead money, TJ Edwards...lost in FA but still has 750k in dead money.

Signs Cox in FA but still has 15 mill in dead money. lol

54 million in dead money as it stands right now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
like who? cox has only ever played for them (and is rapidly declining) i don’t believe bradberry had the market he says he did, and no one wanted slay
If that’s the way you want to paint it? Have at it.

Sydla

Reaction score
"Better GM"

Somehow loses Hargrave in FA but still has 12 mill in dead money. Signs Bradbury in FA for big money, yet still has 5 mill in dead money. Kyzir White...lost in FA but still has 1.2 mill in dead money, TJ Edwards...lost in FA but still has 750k in dead money.

Signs Cox in FA but still has 15 mill in dead money. lol

54 million in dead money as it stands right now.
Two SBs in 5 years, including one after guys like you said they would fall into a deep hole after 2017 given their big contracts and older players.

You'd be hard pressed to find any NFL personnel guy or analyst that would argue Jerry is a better GM. This is a results based argument. You based on your "feels". One has taken a team to a SB, stripped down the team and was back in the SB a few years later. The other has managed to win two playoffs game in the same period. But yeah........... similar.

Ken

Reaction score
Two SBs in 5 years, including one after guys like you said they would fall into a deep hole after 2017 given their big contracts and older players.

You'd be hard pressed to find any NFL personnel guy or analyst that would argue Jerry is a better GM. This is a results based argument. You based on your "feels". One has taken a team to a SB, stripped down the team and was back in the SB a few years later. The other has managed to win two playoffs game in the same period. But yeah........... similar.
Two of the luckiest runs to super bowls I have ever seen. Sorry.

Sure, he put together two very good teams. Upset a better Pats team and got beat by a less KC team. We will see how the rest of this offseason plays out but I know I like the Cowboys chances this year way more than the Eagle's chances.

Especially when he is doing GMing that involves taking on dead money when you lose guys in FA lol.

We see how he put this talent together now lol.

Sydla

Reaction score
Two of the luckiest runs to super bowls I have ever seen. Sorry.

Sure, he put together two very good teams. Upset a better Pats team and got beat by a less KC team. We will see how the rest of this offseason plays out but I know I like the Cowboys chances this year way more than the Eagle's chances.

Especially when he is doing GMing that involves taking on dead money when you lose guys in FA lol.

We see how he put this talent together now lol.
LOL now "lucky". Kind of fits in with the logic where you laughed they were going to lose all their defensive FAs and now it appears they are going to bring a few back and suddenly those guys aren't that good anyway.

Something tells me a few years ago when the Cowboys were choking on some big dead money hits, this kind of analysis didn't apply to Jerry. Like in 2018, the Cowboys ate between $30-35 million in dead money.

Roseman is a better GM. I can't believe we are actually having this conversation, haha.