Sleeper pick.Micah Parson

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
54 is a flake. 55 is a China doll. Neither is worth building around. They have next to no depth behind those 2. LB is a big need in this draft. Fortunately there are a lot of good LBs this year. Can pick up a real player in rounds 1-4.
That description of 54 and 55 is an exaggeration. The Wolfhunter got hurt, it happens. He'll heal and be as god as ever, Jaylon gor screwed up by Nolan's half-arse job of installing a new complicated scheme. Dan Quinn will get him fixed in a scheme that fits him better. We do need more LBers so I'm not opposed to drafting some.

cowboyec

Reaction score
How many linebackers in the NFL would you give a top 10 pick for right now?
in no order...off the top of my head:
khalil mack,bears
roquan smith,bears
tremaine edmunds,bills
donta hightower,patriots
devin white,tampa bay
lavante david,tampa bay
fred warner,49ers

blueblood70

Reaction score
well every draft mock has him top 10-15 no later those saying hes not worthy of our 10 well are they experts? more or less potential then LVE who we took what 19?

blueblood70

Reaction score
That description of 54 and 55 is an exaggeration. The Wolfhunter got hurt, it happens. He'll heal and be as god as ever, Jaylon gor screwed up by Nolan's half-arse job of installing a new complicated scheme. Dan Quinn will get him fixed in a scheme that fits him better. We do need more LBers so I'm not opposed to drafting some.
mostly correct sure theres hope they both function better in quinns scheme but not knowing says we better have plan..

Motorola

Reaction score
Not sure that is a sleeper. Dallas needs playmakers on defense. He checks that box. 54 and 55 are complete zeros. He and Surtain are logical first picks if defense is it.
He is the top ranked LB in this draft, that's not asleep.
Top-rated \ best defensive prospect for this draft is Micah Parsons.

Viewed close to 30 mock drafts to date; 1st defensive player picked-predicted off the board has been overwhelmingly Parsons. The highest I've seen is him going @ 7 to Detriot; most of the selections are the LB going to Denver with the 9th pick.

Only four times did I view another defensive player going before him - CB Farley @ 4 to Atlanta (by a Falcons homer blogger), LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah @ 9 to Denver, and CB Surtain twice - again to the Broncos.

If the Cowboys select Parsons as the no. 10 pick as Redball Express predicts - that will be a surprise...and shocking.
99% chance that Parsons, or one of the top three corners (Farley, Horn, Surtain) will be the first defensive player selected in the 2021 draft.

In summary- Micah Parsons is not a sleeper .

Last edited:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
in no order...off the top of my head:
khalil mack,bears
roquan smith,bears
tremaine edmunds,bills
donta hightower,patriots
devin white,tampa bay
lavante david,tampa bay
fred warner,49ers
And............ :hammer:.. BAM!!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I see as our weak link our LBers who can't play 16 games if you add all their starts together. Plus depth has left for better contracts.

We have to replace the whole group or change to defense with no LBers which seems to be what we are. Doing signing safeties as hybrid LBers.

Times are changing folks.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/micah-parsons-nfl-draft-player-profile-penn-state-linebacker/

He is my pick. Not Surtain II or Kyle Pitts.

Some compare him to Lavar Arrington. I compare him to Devin White. 4.3 speed in the 40 for a LB with good instincts is nothing to sneeze out. If he goes to Dallas he will have a significant impact.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Top-rated \ best defensive prospect for this draft is Micah Parsons.

Viewed close to 30 mock drafts to date; 1st defensive player picked-predicted off the board has been overwhelmingly Parsons. The highest I've seen is him going @ 7 to Detriot; most of the selections are the LB going to Denver with the 9th pick.

Only four times did I view another defensive player going before him - CB Farley @ 4 to Atlanta (by a Falcons homer blogger), LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah @ 9 to Denver, and CB Surtain twice - again to the Broncos.

If the Cowboys select Parsons as the no. 10 pick as Redball Express predicts - that will be a surprise...and shocking.
99% chance that Parsons, or one of the top three corners (Farley, Horn, Surtain) will be the first defensive player selected in the 2021 draft.

In summary- Micah Parsons is not a sleeper .
I think the injury news on Farley is going to make him slip.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Not sure that is a sleeper. Dallas needs playmakers on defense. He checks that box. 54 and 55 are complete zeros. He and Surtain are logical first picks if defense is it.
I am reminded that Wolf Hunter was our last bust drafting
LBers. Lee needs to retire and start his coaching career this 2021..so we draft replacements and design a hybrid defense lke using safeties as flowing hybrid LBers. Creative if it works. Don't know if we have the coaches to teach it. We shall see.

MLB53

Reaction score
I hope not, I watch tape on him and he seems to be a step slow when reacting to plays and reading keys on offense, and some he was lost in his keys, not a top 10 pick to me

Motorola

Reaction score
He is my pick. Not Surtain II or Kyle Pitts.

Some compare him to Lavar Arrington. I compare him to Devin White. 4.3 speed in the 40 for a LB with good instincts is nothing to sneeze out. If he goes to Dallas he will have a significant impact.
A former Nittanly Lions great who was selected No. 2 overall by Washington in the 2000 draft. Do the Cowboys believe Parsons can exceed Arrington's NFL play/career?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am reminded that Wolf Hunter was our last bust drafting
LBers. Lee needs to retire and start his coaching career this 2021..so we draft replacements and design a hybrid defense lke using safeties as flowing hybrid LBers. Creative if it works. Don't know if we have the coaches to teach it. We shall see.
Parsons is a MUCH better prospect. Not even close.

kskboys

Reaction score
I see as our weak link our LBers who can't play 16 games if you add all their starts together. Plus depth has left for better contracts.

We have to replace the whole group or change to defense with no LBers which seems to be what we are. Doing signing safeties as hybrid LBers.

Times are changing folks.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/micah-parsons-nfl-draft-player-profile-penn-state-linebacker/
Parsons is rated by many as top 5. How is he a sleeper?