Slot WR our biggest need

Mr_437

Reaction score
That's putting a lot of faith in a 4th round pick. I wouldn't want to be a 4th round bust away from starting Devon Smith in slot all season.
Any of them can bust, heck 1st rounders bust...Dak was a 4th, Antonio Brown was a 6th.

Anyway, if DAL is looking for a #3WR to carry them they've already lost. Jarwin signed a deal to step up his production, also more targets to Amari n Gallup is a good thing.

I happen to like Devin Smith and we'll see what MM does with him. I also like Cedrick Wilson. I'm starting up their fan club, but I just don't put as much weight on the position considering the other weapons available.

Proof

Reaction score
We can argue about whether or not we should take him all day. All I know is that we will be sick if the eagles grab him

cnuball21

Reaction score
We can argue about whether or not we should take him all day. All I know is that we will be sick if the eagles grab him

Not if
Any of them can bust, heck 1st rounders bust...Dak was a 4th, Antonio Brown was a 6th.

Anyway, if DAL is looking for a #3WR to carry them they've already lost. Jarwin signed a deal to step up his production, also more targets to Amari n Gallup is a good thing.

I happen to like Devin Smith and we'll see what MM does with him. I also like Cedrick Wilson. I'm starting up their fan club, but I just don't put as much weight on the position considering the other weapons available.

It needs to be addressed, but I agree in that we don’t need to use a premium pick on it unless a stud falls to us.

I know I’d take Lamb or Ruggs if they fell to 17, but I’m struggling with who I’d take in the 2nd

Guys like Raegor, Aiyuk and Pittman are options in the 2nd that would be hard to pass up.

DanA

Reaction score

Come on that's disingenuous. The later the pick, the less likely they are to make it in the NFL, and that's especially true if we're asking them to hit the ground running and play in their rookie year. Just because you can anecdotally talk to some late picks that have succeeded doesn't change what is a known fact and common sense.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Come on that's disingenuous. The later the pick, the less likely they are to make it in the NFL, and that's especially true if we're asking them to hit the ground running and play in their rookie year. Just because you can anecdotally talk to some late picks that have succeeded doesn't change what is a known fact and common sense.

Agree 100% with this. The middle ground is that the strength of this draft is WR so we can likely get a guy that would be drafted a round earlier if he was coming out another year.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Common sense tells you if your depending on a rookie WR your screwed anyway, no?

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I will say this penciling in a WR to draft needing to be the slot guy is not doing you any justice not matter what round you are drafting him in. I think you could draft a WR to play on the outside and move Cooper to play inside and outside, and hopefully you draft someone who has some versatility.
If we don't draft someone in the first round I think someone like Reagor, or Aiyuk could be a great pickup in the 2nd because I think they are both versatile and could be game-changing WR's from inside or outside.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I will say this penciling in a WR to draft needing to be the slot guy is not doing you any justice not matter what round you are drafting him in. I think you could draft a WR to play on the outside and move Cooper to play inside and outside, and hopefully you draft someone who has some versatility.
If we don't draft someone in the first round I think someone like Reagor, or Aiyuk could be a great pickup in the 2nd because I think they are both versatile and could be game-changing WR's from inside or outside.

I agree. We shouldn’t be limiting ourselves to slot only guys.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I agree. We shouldn’t be limiting ourselves to slot only guys.

Donovan Peoples-Jones intriguing as heck for me. I think he could be a Kenny Golladay type of guy who will be able to stretch the field, redzone target, and be a playmaker on inside routes. With that being said the injuries and production worries me.

Michael Pittman is a do it all WR big bodied, can climb the latter to get it, force to bring down when the ball in his hands and has a good amount of wiggle with the ball in his hands. He is a guy who can play outside, and I think he can play in the slot as well which is intriguing. He would be a monster in this offense with Gallup and Cooper and would give them a guy who can be a jumpball target in the redzone or a guy who is not scared to come across the middle. Some of the things that will put him very high on the board for many teams as maybe even more so for the Cowboys is he is a guy who is a good blocker on the outside, and also a standout special teamers who wanted to play ST even when he was a starter.

I'd love to get Pittman in the 2nd, or move up in the 3rd.

kskboys

Reaction score
Our biggest need is DT, S, and TE.

Sure, we got some guys to fill in, but those guys are just fillins. Need young talent at all 3.

Pollard is fine for a slot WR.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Donovan Peoples-Jones intriguing as heck for me. I think he could be a Kenny Golladay type of guy who will be able to stretch the field, redzone target, and be a playmaker on inside routes. With that being said the injuries and production worries me.

Michael Pittman is a do it all WR big bodied, can climb the latter to get it, force to bring down when the ball in his hands and has a good amount of wiggle with the ball in his hands. He is a guy who can play outside, and I think he can play in the slot as well which is intriguing. He would be a monster in this offense with Gallup and Cooper and would give them a guy who can be a jumpball target in the redzone or a guy who is not scared to come across the middle. Some of the things that will put him very high on the board for many teams as maybe even more so for the Cowboys is he is a guy who is a good blocker on the outside, and also a standout special teamers who wanted to play ST even when he was a starter.

I'd love to get Pittman in the 2nd, or move up in the 3rd.

I don’t know what to think of DPJ. High recruit and elite athlete but the production never lived up to the hype. I’d be hard pressed to take him before the 4th.

Pittman is one of my favorite WRs in the draft. I think his floor is incredibly high and he is a borderline can’t miss prospect. Great size/length, quality route runner, above average athlete and cones from good bloodlines with a good head on his shoulders. He honestly gives me Michael Thomas vibes.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I don’t know what to think of DPJ. High recruit and elite athlete but the production never lived up to the hype. I’d be hard pressed to take him before the 4th.

Pittman is one of my favorite WRs in the draft. I think his floor is incredibly high and he is a borderline can’t miss prospect. Great size/length, quality route runner, above average athlete and cones from good bloodlines with a good head on his shoulders. He honestly gives me Michael Thomas vibes.

LOL DUDE!!!
I was going to throw in there a Michael Thomas comp!! Yea man, I totally agree with that comp and I think that if we don't address WR in the 1st he is someone you need to keep your eyes on. In normal draft I don't think he makes it out of at the latest top 5 picks in the 2nd with this team being so stacked at WR I wonder if teams look to fill other needs at positions that lack depth.

I know you aren't a fan of Chaisson, but I will say this if we go Chaisson, Henderson, or Kinlaw in the 1st someone like Pittman would be a great get as a guy who will be your #3 WR and play all of your special teams as well.

Not bad for your first 2 round.

cnuball21

Reaction score
LOL DUDE!!!
I was going to throw in there a Michael Thomas comp!! Yea man, I totally agree with that comp and I think that if we don't address WR in the 1st he is someone you need to keep your eyes on. In normal draft I don't think he makes it out of at the latest top 5 picks in the 2nd with this team being so stacked at WR I wonder if teams look to fill other needs at positions that lack depth.

I know you aren't a fan of Chaisson, but I will say this if we go Chaisson, Henderson, or Kinlaw in the 1st someone like Pittman would be a great get as a guy who will be your #3 WR and play all of your special teams as well.

Not bad for your first 2 round.

I was originally thinking Pittman could be had in the 3rd but if we want him I think you have to take him in the 2nd. He’s a top 50 talent IMO so I could get behind the pick unless there’s an equal or better value defender at a position of need.

Im not big on Chaisson at 17, but if we ended up taking advantage of the draft depth correctly I could get behind it.

1 - Chaisson
2 - Terrell
3 - Claypool / KVon Wallace / Leki Fotu

I could get behind something like this.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I was originally thinking Pittman could be had in the 3rd but if we want him I think you have to take him in the 2nd. He’s a top 50 talent IMO so I could get behind the pick unless there’s an equal or better value defender at a position of need.

Im not big on Chaisson at 17, but if we ended up taking advantage of the draft depth correctly I could get behind it.

1 - Chaisson
2 - Terrell
3 - Claypool / KVon Wallace / Leki Fotu

I could get behind something like this.

I think Terrell will be long gone by 51.

I think Fotu can be had in the 4th.
I would love
1st: Chaisson DE/OLB
2nd: Pittman Jr WR/ ST
3rd: Reggie Robinson CB
4th: Leki Fotu DT/ 1 tech.

Mr_437

Reaction score

I would love
Daygo, you watch Pac 10...what do you think about WR Isaiah Hodgins?

cnuball21

Reaction score

I would love

You may be right, but I feel like we need someone more polished than Robinson.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Daygo, you watch Pac 10...what do you think about WR Isaiah Hodgins?

Oregon St is the doormat of the Pac-12, and with that being said they were down a lot and throwing a ton. With that being said was their best receiver, he is a big presence that was force-fed a bit and his stats are a bit skewed. He seems to be a good possession type WR, but he won't give you much after the catch not much explosiveness or wiggle. Not sure he is going to create space in the NFL, and not strong enough to get off the LOS so I am not all that high on him.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
You may be right, but I feel like we need someone more polished than Robinson.

I agree, but you can't fill every position of need with polished players in the draft. We have some tenured players at CB, and all of these guys we have starting experience and have shown flashes. Kris Richard has shown the ability to get a lot out of his players, but it seems like his tactics get stale with players and him as a play-caller hasn't worked in both stops at Seattle and with Dallas. I think we will be okay, and is a position that needs to filled with all the contracts that are coming up, but I am comfortable with our secondary not thrilled but comfortable as is but this year taking someone like Robinson to get some playing time and develop will be important. Next year we will have our picks and some comp picks as well.

I like CJ Henderson, but I would value a true RE d-linemen than a CB and that's why I would value Chaisson higher than Henderson even though Chaisson is more raw.