Small QC tidbit.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
JYFI and not a big deal, just wanted to let interesting parties know...

I am watching TXCN now, and Nancy Lieberman, who is pretty close to Deion Sanders and Quincy Carter through their work and Dallas is on Sports Talk with Brady Tinker.

She was saying that Quincy Carter was actually offered a contract 2-3 weeks after was cut by the Cowboys and declined the to sign because of the negativity and pressure in the media.

She also had some things to say about Deion Sanders. Says he actually has a torn ligament in his foot but will have surgery and return next year.

Just thought the QC comment was pretty interesting...

- Mike G.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
JYFI and not a big deal, just wanted to let interesting parties know...

I am watching TXCN now, and Nancy Lieberman, who is pretty close to Deion Sanders and Quincy Carter through their work and Dallas is on Sports Talk with Brady Tinker.

She was saying that Quincy Carter was actually offered a contract 2-3 weeks after was cut by the Cowboys and declined the to sign because of the negativity and pressure in the media.

She also had some things to say about Deion Sanders. Says he actually has a torn ligament in his foot but will have surgery and return next year.

Just thought the QC comment was pretty interesting...

- Mike G.

If that's true and they offered Quincy a new contract I am utterly confused. :confused: That was one of the more bizarre moves this season and it still hasn't been cleared up.

Rude

Reaction score
As I said in another thread the other day, you never know, Carter may be back next year if vinny retires

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Irvin said that same thing earlier this year about QC being offered a contract.

Things behind the scenes aren't always as they appear.

Razz

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Nancy Lieberman ... was saying that Quincy Carter was actually offered a contract 2-3 weeks after was cut by the Cowboys and declined the to sign because of the negativity and pressure in the media.
- Mike G.
Offered a contract by who?
He signed with the Jets 20 days after Dallas cut him.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
If the Cowboys truly tried to bring him back, then they made a colossal mistake by releasing him. Considering more and more reporters are coming forth with this story, it does make you wonder. Quincy wasn't the answer in Dallas, but it seems to say something about our other quarterbacks' performance in camp if we tried to bring him back so shortly after releasing him. :confused:

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
This story is bunk!

jay cee

Reaction score
Razz said:
If the Cowboys offered Carter a contract and he turned them down. I have to give him credit for having more sense than I thought.

I was a big Carter supporter and I still hope he can put together a nice career, but if he had returned to the Cowboys after being released, I think it would have been a total fiasco.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Michael Irvin said the same thing months ago, I believe he said it right around the time it happened.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Dale said:
If the Cowboys truly tried to bring him back, then they made a colossal mistake by releasing him. Considering more and more reporters are coming forth with this story, it does make you wonder. Quincy wasn't the answer in Dallas, but it seems to say something about our other quarterbacks' performance in camp if we tried to bring him back so shortly after releasing him. :confused:
What it says to me is this, and this is all speculation on my part - they figured that they had Vinny and the young guys and that they'd probably only need Vinny for a half a season or so until someone could step in. So they cut Quincy (with a nice convenient and thusfar unproven excuse). Then after a few weeks they realized that they might actually have to stick it out with Vinny and that neither of the young guys was likely to be ready this season. The stop gap suddenly looked like it had to hold up a lot longer. So they tried to get our own, younger but proven, veteran to come back. If they hadn't released the drug allegations I think he probably would have. Now next year we may very well end up signing someone like Quincy, maybe a Jay Feidler or someone, only he won't know the system and players and he won't be as good for us as Quincy would have had he stayed.

So yeah, it was a colossal mistake.

p1_

Reaction score
I think Mike intended to say that the Cowboys offered to bring Carter back, to re-sign him. But this reeks HIGHLY.

Was he not under contract when he was dumped? Also, why offer to bring him back, if you fired his butt? It makes no sense, so whomever throws this out needs to also delve into the very reason Quinthy was cut the first week into TC.

The strangest part of a strange year.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
- Mike G.

Assuming that this is an accurate report of what was said, some of us may need a lesson or two in reading comprehension. Take another look: it says QC was offered a contract 2-3 weeks after being cut by the Cowboys; it does not say that the contract was offered by the Cowboys.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Razz said:

Yes, he was cut on August 4th and signed with the Jets on August 20th....

mickgreen58 said:

Isnt 2 weeks 14 days :cool: ?

- Mike G.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes said:
Assuming that this is an accurate report of what was said, some of us may need a lesson or two in reading comprehension. Take another look: it says QC was offered a contract 2-3 weeks after being cut by the Cowboys; it does not say that the contract was offered by the Cowboys.

No, I should have been clearer. She said he was offered a contract by the Cowboys 2-3 Weeks after he was cut by them.

Like I said on another board, I doubt whould make a claim like this on TXCN, where people like Goose Gosselin, JJT, Matt Mosley, the Jones, Randy White and many many other players and persons associated with the Cowboys appear on.

She could be talking out of her you know what, but I just wanted to throw that out there. Another guy on another board saw the same interview...

- Mike G.

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Yes, he was cut on August 4th and signed with the Jets on August 20th....

I took 2nd grade twice and isnt 2 weeks 14 days :cool: ?

- Mike G.

Dont bother with them, Mike. Instead of discussing whether it would be a good deal to have him back or not they would rather try to disect the post.

joshlitt

Reaction score
If this is true, it just shows what a big freaking mess we have running the show at Valley Ranch!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
WDN said:
Dont bother with them, Mike. Instead of discussing whether it would be a good deal to have him back or not they would rather try to disect the post.

Nah, I love this board. There is no link and no proof, so therefore it is their right to say it is not true, which I never said it was. I was just reporting what was said on TXCN, a show I watch on a regular basis.

- Mike G.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes said:
My reading comprehension is fine. If he were offered a contract by another team he wouldn't decline it due to the 'negativity' of the media - since the media in other cities was largely indifferent to QC.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Irvin said that same thing earlier this year about QC being offered a contract.

Things behind the scenes aren't always as they appear.

Hey Jimz31, when did Irvin say this? Was it on NFL Primetime or on local tv?

- Mike G.

joseephuss

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Nah, I love this board. There is no link and no proof, so therefore it is their right to say it is not true, which I never said it was. I was just reporting what was said on TXCN, a show I watch on a regular basis.

- Mike G.

But you didn't mention how much you had to drink while you were watching TXCN. :D