Small QC tidbit.

Mash

Reaction score
It makes sense bringing back Carter...

Proof is in the pudding......Neither Romo or Henson were ready to play.

Bill knew this.....you don't go into a season with no viable backup especially on a team that made the playoffs the year before.

It was a Jerry Jones decision.

Just imagine if we were in a serious playoff hunt half way thru the season....and Vinny got hurt.

This board and and media would of exploded because we didn't have a backup in place.

They wanted to put a clause in his contract to save what?.......1 mil?

Yet they blow 4 mil on Wiley.....3mil on George....and with incentives....4 mil on Vinny......

Yeah....our front office sure has a clue.

The circus continues........We are becomming the Bengals of the NFC....

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
I saw that interview too M, as well as the statement by Irvin, and you know what I took out of both?

That BOTH parties were just parroting what they were TOLD by who knows who, Carter, his agent, his dealer, who knows? But it's ludicrous to believe that guys like Jones and Parcells, who are SO attuned to their public image, would go, "your fired, naaaaaaa, we were just kiddin', come on back!!"

ludicrous????

One of the guys you mentioned said that said 500 other coaches cold won the Super Bowl with the Cowboys??

One of the guys you mentioned said that said this on draft day after reaching for Carter, "A player we may not see the likes of again for a couple of years -- if even then."??

One of the guys you mentioned said Delroy Stewart was basically a man among boys and was going to take the next step next year??

One of the guys you mentioned tried to trade Larry Allen and the following season he makes the Pro Bowl??

Gawd, I can go on all day with instances where these two individuals have looked completely stupid.....

Please....

Too many Jerry Jones disasters throughout his tenure as Owner and too many disasters for Parcells this year to even think they are incapable of making a mistake....

- Mike G.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
7599386.jpg

Doesn't this guy look like Quincy's identical twin?

I hope that's not him.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
7599386.jpg

Doesn't this guy look like Quincy's identical twin?

I hope that's not him.

Does look like him. Nice catch. Looks like Q-Car is trying to make a few extra bucks: didn't realize going from starter to back-up was so hard on the wallet.

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
One of the guys you mentioned said that said 500 other coaches cold won the Super Bowl with the Cowboys??.
Last I checked, the very FIRST of those "500" hired, DID!

mickgreen58 said:
One of the guys you mentioned said that said this on draft day after reaching for Carter, "A player we may not see the likes of again for a couple of years -- if even then."??.
And he was right there too... Last I checked, not ONE 1/2-azzed, dope-head, black QB's has been drafted by this team in the last "couple of years".

mickgreen58 said:
One of the guys you mentioned said Delroy Stewart was basically a man among boys and was going to take the next step next year??
Again, "basically" correct statement... He just failed to mention that that "next step" was going to be LEAVING Valley Ranch.

mickgreen58 said:
One of the guys you mentioned tried to trade Larry Allen and the following season he makes the Pro Bowl??
Please tell me that at the end of 03, after the pathetic showing LA had, how looking to unload an aging O-Lineman w/ a HUGE contract, is a "stupid" possibility?

mickgreen58 said:
Gawd, I can go on all day with instances
Please do, I'm sure you'll hit on ONE decent point eventually!!

-NOT Mike G. :p

Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes said:
Does look like him. Nice catch. Looks like Q-Car is trying to make a few extra bucks: didn't realize going from starter to back-up was so hard on the wallet.

Dude, "dime bags" just AIN'T what they used to be!

:p

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Dude, "dime bags" just AIN'T what they used to be!

:p

And he was right there too... Last I checked, not ONE 1/2-azzed, dope-head, black QB's has been drafted by this team in the last "couple of years".

Showing your true color again eh DallasCowpoke?

Racist, poor man's Boozman wannabe.....

- Mike G.

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Showing your true color again eh DallasCowpoke?

Racist, poor man's Boozman wannabe.....

- Mike G.

ROFL, I'm a "racist" because I'm stating the FACT that he's BLACK, and he IS on strike two of the league's substance abuse program!!?? Ummm, he IS black, and he DID confirm he smoked pot right, I mean am I MISSING something here?

Ya know, if I was as thin-skined as a lot of the folks are around here, that MIGHT be construed as a personal attack.

Let me quote from you M...
mickgreen58 said:
Now as a black man, I do know there is a portion of Cowboys fans that did dislike him because of his skin color.
Seems to me, THAT might be the definition of a "racist" outlook, whether it holds any truth or not.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Would be nice if you would at least have the courtesy to copy the whole statement, so people can understand the context of what I was relaying... :rolleyes:

mickgreen58 said:
Yeah, lots of people feel Quincy was not treated fairly and even make the claim that he had it the worst because of race. Now as a black man, I do know there is a portion of Cowboys fans that did dislike him because of his skin color. I go to about 5-6 games a year and I have gotten into it with them. But I think the majority of the fans in Dallas would have loved Carter if he simply put up good numbers and was a good quarterback.

DallasCowpokes said:

This is a classic, I will have to add it to my sig line :rolleyes:

You are what you are....

- Mike G.

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
You are what you are....

Mike, I'll let you have the last word, since you seem to of formed your opinion of me, and you just keep digging yourself a deeper hole.

But I assure you, if you refer to me as a "racist" again for calling a person "of color" black, in the VERY thread where you've made the inference that "white" people don't like Carter because of his skin color, and ALREADY referred to YOURSELF as "black", you WON'T like the response you get.

Have you have a good New Year.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Mike, I'll let you have the last word, since you seem to of formed your opinion of me, and you just keep digging yourself a deeper hole.

But I assure you, if you refer to me as a "racist" again for calling a person "of color" black, in the VERY thread where you've made the inference that "white" people don't like Carter because of his skin color, and ALREADY referred to YOURSELF as "black", you WON'T like the response you get.

Have you have a good New Year.

Damn, you got me shakin in my boots.... :rolleyes:

- Mike G.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimz31 said:
If I remember correctly, it was on Monday Night Countdown when Irvin said this.

10 minutes later, Mort comes on and says that he had "just talked to" people with the Cowboys and they said that it wasn't true.

Now, I would believe a person that is closer to the players and the team than I would a reporter like Mort. What did Mort expect them to say? Yeah, we tried to re-sign him but he turned US down."? No, it's all spin-control.....it's been like that with the Dallas Cowboys for a LONG time.

Yes, I think that they DID try to re-sign him.....I think they tried to re-sign him to a contract that left the Cowboys with alot of "outs" if you will. They probably even negotiated and it more than likely was NOT in QC's best interest to sign, ref. the details of the contract. Of course, this is all speculation by me as far as that negotiating and details of the contract. :p
Just to confirm your version, it was on NFL Sunday Countdown, not the Monday Night Countdown. But everything else you said was true. They also challenged Mike to back up his story and he wouldn't which made Mort's report that much credible. But Mike was so hype about it, you had to believe him.