Smart move is to trade Parson

Adiba1977

Reaction score
We are stuck with Dak and coach staff. Smart gm would trade parson for multiple picks and improve team asap with cheap young talent. He’s great pass rusher but undersize and horrible at playing run. He’s lb playing dt. Jerry too dumb and loyal to do it but it should be done. Can’t overpay Dak/lamb and parsons. That will screw this team for 5 plus years.

Majic

Reaction score
If someone like Belichick came in and said that was the best thing to do then maybe (I doubt he would)
I don't want the current staff McClay, Quinn, McCarthy getting their hands on premium draft picks

yentl911

Reaction score
Tap the brakes on turfing Parsons. The kid is a stud. When you have limited support around you offenses can attack the defense and take your star out of the game. We need to get better at the LB position and get tougher up front.
This team's biggest weakness isn't Dak, JJ, etc. it is the LB play of this defense. Any time we played a tough, punch you in the face team, we folded like a lawn chair. Tough to play physical when you have safety's playing the LB position.

Get some additional talent around Parsons and see what he can do. He is worth the money IMO.

Sack numbers weren't what we wanted or expected? Move him around and maybe get some better play in coverage.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Yes, trade DT Micah Parsons. Do you people actually read things before you hit send?

You can trade him, but two years from now when his rookie deal is up. There's no trade return possible that gets you his production, especially on his rookie deal. You can talk about it before he has a big extension.

JBS

Reaction score
If you can parlay parsons, picks, and Dak or no Dak into upgrading at QB. Yes, you absolutely do it. Otherwise, it’s not worth it.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Does it matter if we stockpile picks if we still have a doofus as GM?
If that's the attitude, might as well find a new team to root for... right?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm legitimately serious. If we feel like we're doomed with Jerry and Stephen, why bang our heads against this wall until we tap out?

diamonddelts

Reaction score

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm legitimately serious. If we feel like we're doomed with Jerry and Stephen, why bang our heads against this wall until we tap out?
Dallas fans love the okie doke.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Schefter just reported the asking price for him is 3 2nd round picks...what bad could happen if this was ever the case?

Rayman70

Reaction score
So trade away our best player/generational talent for a bunch of draft picks? What would we be accomplishing if they are going to come into the same culture?
he isn't. I use to think he was all that, but he isn't. He was MIA last week., last month really. I agree about the culture. Its a culture of enablers and softies. It's not conducive to winning big games. If you want the truth, this organization has become a microcosm of society, todays new generation. No accountability, its always an excuse, somebody else's fault. Jerry is at the tip of the spear in this. Especially the complicit Dallas media/radio shows. Failure is the new "success" because , hey, everyone is a victim and its somebody else's fault, not theirs. Just read Jerrys comments and the social media crap the players put out. Its never on them. In fact, they rant against we fans. They are smug and feel they don't answer to us or need us. We must show the players how wrong they are. STOP GOING TO THE GAMES.

32BellyOption

Reaction score

Wish I could brother. Being a Cowboys fan is part of my DNA. Like an alcoholic I know it’s bad for me, I know I have a problem, but I can’t stop. Give me another drink please.

Rowdy1

Reaction score
Tap the brakes on turfing Parsons. The kid is a stud. When you have limited support around you offenses can attack the defense and take your star out of the game. We need to get better at the LB position and get tougher up front.
This team's biggest weakness isn't Dak, JJ, etc. it is the LB play of this defense. Any time we played a tough, punch you in the face team, we folded like a lawn chair. Tough to play physical when you have safety's playing the LB position.

Get some additional talent around Parsons and see what he can do. He is worth the money IMO.

Sack numbers weren't what we wanted or expected? Move him around and maybe get some better play in coverage.
Finally a voice of reason! Of all the things we can do trading Parsons is the least palatable. The man just needs some help on the defense. If we end up keeping DQ (ouch) then we need to use the draft and FA to beef up the Defense so they cannot simply account for Parsons and then we are beaten.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We are stuck with Dak and coach staff. Smart gm would trade parson for multiple picks and improve team asap with cheap young talent. He’s great pass rusher but undersize and horrible at playing run. He’s lb playing dt. Jerry too dumb and loyal to do it but it should be done. Can’t overpay Dak/lamb and parsons. That will screw this team for 5 plus years.
Trading Parsons doesn’t improve your team. If you rebuild you trade Parsons. You don’t trade him if you think you are “close” as Jerry put it

doomsday9084

Reaction score
At the end of the day, this coaching staff needs an all time great player group in order to win. With Dak, Parsons, CeeDee and others getting massive deals, that leaves the rest of the team as bargain basement players. I just don't see how you can get enough talent under the cap to win with McCarthy as coach.

If you can get a huge draft haul for either Parsons or CeeDee (or Dak), you should probably do it.

What will happen? Jerry will break the bank to resign all of them and then fill the roster with late round picks and other teams' cast offs and when those players don't play up to expectations, everyone will trash the supporting cast.