Smart move is to trade Parson

zeke21

Reaction score
What makes you think he wants out?
Body language, mentioning that he'd consider following DQ out the door.. the brothers comments on social media.

parsons has made no secret of the fact that he wants to be regarded as an all time great. He wants Rings.. he wants team success.

I think anyone that cares about their legacy and not just a pay cheque.. will be looking to exit. If Dak can't win against GB.. it ain't happening.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Body language, mentioning that he'd consider following DQ out the door.. the brothers comments on social media.

parsons has made no secret of the fact that he wants to be regarded as an all time great. He wants Rings.. he wants team success.

I think anyone that cares about their legacy and not just a pay cheque.. will be looking to exit. If Dak can't win against GB.. it ain't happening.
He wants individual stats. You can see his frustration. He does not even get happy when others get sacks around him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Right, trade the best defensive player we’ve had in decades that opponents have game plan for so we can get multiple draft picks and possibly end up up with another Mazi or Schoonmaker. :rolleyes: How smart is that? I’m not about to trade a proven great player for some rolls of the dice. Just image how bad our defense would be without Parsons. Glad some of you don’t run the team.
Yes. Resign CD, Dak and Parson's. Let's hope they win DPOY, MVP, OPOY, get more Pro-bowls and get bounced again in the first round next year and wonder what happened.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You could say that about every season he’s played. He wears down. He attracts so much attention that others need to step up. He’s dealing with double teams and being held. Yeah, I know it’s excuses but no one else is showing up either especially in the critical games. Without him our defense would be trash. Our DL pretty much sucks against quality opponents and we have undersized LBs.
He was warn down from playing every down in all of our blow out games to pad his stats.

Chasing6

Reaction score

If Micah can't win against GB, it ain't happening.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Unless we are moving up to get a real, franchise QB, no way you trade Micah. He’s the reason Quinn’s coaching career was revived.
Apparently we already have one with Trey Lance. Remember the Niners moved up and traded 3 first round picks.

khiladi

Reaction score
Apparently we already have one with Trey Lance. Remember the Niners moved up and traded 3 first round picks.
He’s a project with little experience. Haven’t seen much of him, but apparently his short to intermediate range is extremely wild. His mechanics and the video somehow posted yesterday in the Trey Lance “work out” video is weird, as he starts his motion to throw really low, though he release is quicker than Dak’s.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Schefter just reported the asking price for him is 3 2nd round picks...what bad could happen if this was ever the case?
The Panthers were offered two 1st rd picks for Brian Burns. And he isn’t on Parsons level.

But I would not trade him. I would figure out a better way to use him!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The Panthers were offered two 1st rd picks for Brian Burns. And he isn’t on Parsons level.

But I would not trade him. I would figure out a better way to use him!
I was kidding about my post, the 2nd round pick comment was in realtion to our success with...our history of 2nd rd picks

conner01

Reaction score
Trade Micah then use the pick for his replacement doesn’t seem like the best move. To me a smarter approach would be a different player. Diggs is signed but after next year we have to sign Bland. Are we gonna be able to keep Lamb, micah, Diggs and sign bland to a huge contract? Right now blanks trade value is really high. If I could get a premium pick for him that’s the guy I’d trade. I love bland but don’t see how you have 2 high dollar guys in the secondary. A solid CB is easier to find than even a solid edge rusher. I’d pay micah, lamb and trade bland even if that pick just brought his replacement because then you have a cheaper replacement who may not get as many pick 6’s but not be closer than a guy you could get to replacing Micah or lamb

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Parsons acts like he does because Jerry lets him. Parsons is a young player that needs a veteran to help him focus and stay off social media.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We are stuck with Dak and coach staff. Smart gm would trade parson for multiple picks and improve team asap with cheap young talent. He’s great pass rusher but undersize and horrible at playing run. He’s lb playing dt. Jerry too dumb and loyal to do it but it should be done. Can’t overpay Dak/lamb and parsons. That will screw this team for 5 plus years.
The smart move is to get rid of our most impactful player?
If your plan is to have a crap team for the next 5 years while we horde draft picks and cap, maybe.

yentl911

Reaction score
He is an undersized DE that is going to continue to get beat up and will miss games due to injury. It is not hard predict that. But go ahead and give him 5 year $150M.
I want to see him line up as LB and let him chase the ball and blitz

I agree he is not big enough to go against the tackles game after game

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes. Resign CD, Dak and Parson's. Let's hope they win DPOY, MVP, OPOY, get more Pro-bowls and get bounced again in the first round next year and wonder what happened.
If you don’t re-sign them like some of you are hoping for they won’t make the playoffs then you can complain about the team sitting home every year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If you don’t re-sign them like some of you are hoping for they won’t make the playoffs then you can complain about the team sitting home every year.
That is the dilemma. Current team is relevant enough to make the post season just to disappoint us in the playoffs. So let's run it back and complain again next year.

Some fans see no difference between a 5-12 and a 12-5 team, if you don't win it all. Resigning what we already had in Dak, CD, and Micah is not going to get us a SB.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I love parsons' talent. I hate his immaturity and his mouth. If he could back it up all the time, then do it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That is the dilemma. Current team is relevant enough to make the post season just to disappoint us in the playoffs. So let's run it back and complain again next year.

Some fans see no difference between a 5-12 and a 12-5 team, if you don't win it all. Resigning what we already had in Dak, CD, and Micah is not going to get us a SB.
The current team is relevant enough to be the highest scoring team in the league with 12 wins and a division title. That’s pretty darn relevant. The fans that don’t see any difference between a 5 win season and a 12 win season must not only be stupid but have never experienced a 5 win season. I experienced three straight 5 win seasons with the Cowboys in the early 2000s and it was a miserable experience. There isn’t anything worse as a fan than to have no hope and watch your team sitting home for the playoffs every season.

You spend almost half the season watching your team playing out the schedule with nothing to play for but a high draft pick that guarantees nothing. Re-signing our best players is the best way to get to a SB. There’s a reason teams re-sign their best players for a lot of money. If some of you think it would easy replacing CeeDee, Parsons and Dak with players just as good you’re lost in the twilight zone. You’re talking about trying to replace three of the best players in franchise history. Good luck!