Smart move is to trade Parson

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys just bigger impact DL's. That would make Parson's life so much easier. It would free him up big time.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Agreed....Dak is well worth more the money than Micah. And most don't want to pay Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You counter with 5-6 really good defenders. We don't have any on defense. Just Parsons. Gotta acquire more playmakers. If there was only a way to trade a good player to get more draft picks........
We have some good defenders on defense they just don’t show up in big games. When they show up we get turnovers and win in blowouts. DLaw is still a good player. Bland is a real playmaker and Diggs is certainly good but we didn’t have him. I know LVE gets a lot of hate but he has size and made plays against the run. We missed him and his career may be done. The biggest issue is at LB and on DL. We need more size upfront. We need a big, nasty run stuffer who can create some havoc and open up opportunities for others to get to the QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
Unless we are moving up to get a real, franchise QB, no way you trade Micah. He’s the reason Quinn’s coaching career was revived.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We are stuck with Dak and coach staff. Smart gm would trade parson for multiple picks and improve team asap with cheap young talent. He’s great pass rusher but undersize and horrible at playing run. He’s lb playing dt. Jerry too dumb and loyal to do it but it should be done. Can’t overpay Dak/lamb and parsons. That will screw this team for 5 plus years.
You want to trade Parsons….. but keep Dak?

Huh

Chuck 54

Reaction score
So trade away our best player/generational talent for a bunch of draft picks? What would we be accomplishing if they are going to come into the same culture?
Our best player? He had zero impact on several games, including GB where he had 2 tackles, 1 pressure, 0 sacks. Is he another generational talent that disappears and needs a perfect team around him? Paying him a big contract would be absolutely ignorant if he’s going to play DE where his talent is limited and one dimensional. If they resign him, they better be playing him in a 3-4 at OLB.

Creeper

Reaction score
Yes, trade Parsons. It works out every time I use one of those draft simulators! I am drafting all all-pros!

Seriously, people. Can we stop with this trade Parsons stuff. He is the one guy on the defense other teams game plan for. Look at it this way. Offenses game plan to take Micah out of the game. They double and triple team him. Who on the defense steps up when they pay so much attention to Micah? You know the answer. Take him off the field and this defense is permanently on par with the Packers game.

I know what you are thinking. We can use those extra draft picks we get to draft his replacement. Because every first round pick turn out to be an all-pro? Like Mazi? The fact is only about 1/3 of 1st round picks make all-pro consistently.

The answer is not to trade Micah. The answer is to get him some help. Get someone on the DL that demands attention too. Get a Chris Jones or Christian Wilkins Line him up next to Hankins with Lawrence on the other side and Micah outside him. Now see what offense do to stop Micah. The Cowboys have never had someone to push from the inside of the defense. IF Jerry want to win, get an impact DT and I think the defense will dominate their opponents. Micah will be great. But he is only 1 of 11 players. Someone needs to step up besides him.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
We are stuck with Dak and coach staff. Smart gm would trade parson for multiple picks and improve team asap with cheap young talent. He’s great pass rusher but undersize and horrible at playing run. He’s lb playing dt. Jerry too dumb and loyal to do it but it should be done. Can’t overpay Dak/lamb and parsons. That will screw this team for 5 plus years.

Kumala808

Reaction score
Stop. You ain't trading. You add the missing pieces. Which is true linebackers and move bell and Thomas in place of hooker and kearse

Steve007

Reaction score
Jerry is going to overpay everyone. This team is screwed.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Getting rid of Dak I can see but for Parsons I’m open to it for multiple premium picks.

Hes a top 3 defender in football.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
If someone like Belichick came in and said that was the best thing to do then maybe (I doubt he would)
I don't want the current staff McClay, Quinn, McCarthy getting their hands on premium draft picks
Yup. Unless we land a bunch of ready-made studs who can win in spite of the coaching staff, forget it. This isn't a destination for players to be groomed. This place is a career killer.

CowboysFilmStudy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Chasing6

Reaction score
So trade away our best player/generational talent for a bunch of draft picks? What would we be accomplishing if they are going to come into the same culture?
Draft picks and $30M/year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Tap the brakes on turfing Parsons. The kid is a stud. When you have limited support around you offenses can attack the defense and take your star out of the game. We need to get better at the LB position and get tougher up front.
This team's biggest weakness isn't Dak, JJ, etc. it is the LB play of this defense. Any time we played a tough, punch you in the face team, we folded like a lawn chair. Tough to play physical when you have safety's playing the LB position.

Get some additional talent around Parsons and see what he can do. He is worth the money IMO.

Sack numbers weren't what we wanted or expected? Move him around and maybe get some better play in coverage.
He is an undersized DE that is going to continue to get beat up and will miss games due to injury. It is not hard predict that. But go ahead and give him 5 year $150M.

Chasing6

Reaction score
he isn't. I use to think he was all that, but he isn't. He was MIA last week., last month really. I agree about the culture. Its a culture of enablers and softies. It's not conducive to winning big games. If you want the truth, this organization has become a microcosm of society, todays new generation. No accountability, its always an excuse, somebody else's fault. Jerry is at the tip of the spear in this. Especially the complicit Dallas media/radio shows. Failure is the new "success" because , hey, everyone is a victim and its somebody else's fault, not theirs. Just read Jerrys comments and the social media crap the players put out. Its never on them. In fact, they rant against we fans. They are smug and feel they don't answer to us or need us. We must show the players how wrong they are. STOP GOING TO THE GAMES.
Parsons is more concerned about sacks than winning. He wears down the last quarter of the season. Instead of pacing himself and coming out of lopsided wins, he wants to stay in and chase sacks. Does this sound like a team player?

Chasing6

Reaction score
If you can parlay parsons, picks, and Dak or no Dak into upgrading at QB. Yes, you absolutely do it. Otherwise, it’s not worth it.
Easy way to do it. Trade Micah, Dak and CD. Start Trey Lance. We will have the #1 overall pick.