SN: Why the Dallas Cowboys are SN's pick to win Super Bowl 54 over Chiefs

Big_D

Reaction score
I think he is a closeted Cowboys homer.

He also wrote a recent article saying the Cowboys have the most future Hall of Famers on their current roster.

That definitely clears things up.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Why the Dallas Cowboys are SN's pick to win Super Bowl 54 over Chiefs

WRITTEN BYVINNIE IYER
@vinnieiyer
NFL
COWBOYS
CHIEFS

The NFL is screaming for a "new" Super Bowl. Sporting News' prediction for the 2019 season - the Cowboys beating the Chiefs in Super Bowl 54 - would be exactly that.

What better way to end the NFL's 100th season than to see the Chiefs try to win their first Super Bowl in 50 years before the Cowboys win their first in 24 years? The upcoming season is about tapping into professional football's history but also fast-forwarding to its future.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...per-bowl-54-chiefs/1x0kchi5aheds1eh0ils37yf98
I wish they would stop numbering the super bowls, the # is so high now its watered down. 50 was a great opportunity to stop. Imagine they called it "World Series 116"

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't know if I shared this previously, but about three or four years ago, I had a dream that the Cowboys were in the Super Bowl playing ... the Cleveland Browns.
At the time I thought that would be far fetched. Now and in the near future, not so much.

The Cowboys have a ridiculous amount of talent to get to the Super Bowl this year. The only impediments are ...
1. Injuries
2. Dak not developing
3. Garrett's coaching

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Never understood the NFL's contempt for the Cowboys considering the ratings we pull in. You want people to watch a meaningless HOF game? Put the Cowboys in it. You want people to tune in on Thursday night? Book the Cowboys. There's a new record number of viewers for a particular game? Chances are it involved the Cowboys. The NFL should be praying the Cowboys go to the SB every year.
What makes you think the NFL has contempt for the Cowboys?:huh:

ghst187

Reaction score
Couple things...we have NEVER done well when anyone was picking us to win the SB before the season started. Just sayin. If nothing else, we all know an injury or two can completely derail this team. It’s not as if our coaches have the mental abilities to make any adjustments if a player is injured.

2) as long as it’s not the freaking Patriots.....

Londonboy

Reaction score
I wish they would stop numbering the super bowls, the # is so high now its watered down. 50 was a great opportunity to stop. Imagine they called it "World Series 116"
It would be "World Series cxvi" for that extra sense of gravitas.

khiladi

Reaction score
Never understood the NFL's contempt for the Cowboys considering the ratings we pull in. You want people to watch a meaningless HOF game? Put the Cowboys in it. You want people to tune in on Thursday night? Book the Cowboys. There's a new record number of viewers for a particular game? Chances are it involved the Cowboys. The NFL should be praying the Cowboys go to the SB every year.

Jerry has worked out plenty of exclusive rights deals for the Cowboys. The Cowboys unlike the rest of the league, don’t share merchandising revenue, which is normally split across the league. He’s also worked sponsor-specific revenue from companies like Pepsi, which in 2012, were valued at about 80 million a year.

Jerry basically re-defined the way the league did business. As far as that aspect is concerned, while he earned the league a lot of money, he’s also probably created a lot of resentment and jealousy among the other owners, especially got families that were in the league business for decades, such as the Mara and Rooney families. The NFL had to get Jerry to push the new LA stadium through, meaning even if they don’t like him, they know the value he brings.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Daddy Goodell; the great officiating we get, namely the reverse Tom Brady treatment our QBs get.
Only one Goodell decision was questionable; every team complains about officiating and, in fact, believes that the Cowboys get the benefit of the calls, and top teams appear to ALWAYS get the benefit of the officiating calls. The same was said about the Pittsburgh Steelers and Cowboys in the 70s, the Cowboys of the 90s, and the Patriots this century.
You're citing subjective perceptions.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i don't believe this pick any more than the others its like all the rest its a projection from a fan or talking head that has now meaning

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It would be a lot cooler if we spanked Buffalo again...

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has worked out plenty of exclusive rights deals for the Cowboys. The Cowboys unlike the rest of the league, don’t share merchandising revenue, which is normally split across the league. He’s also worked sponsor-specific revenue from companies like Pepsi, which in 2012, were valued at about 80 million a year.

Jerry basically re-defined the way the league did business. As far as that aspect is concerned, while he earned the league a lot of money, he’s also probably created a lot of resentment and jealousy among the other owners, especially got families that were in the league business for decades, such as the Mara and Rooney families. The NFL had to get Jerry to push the new LA stadium through, meaning even if they don’t like him, they know the value he brings.

I believe the Cowboys are the only team to sell Miller Beer at their stadium. Isn't the NFL beer Budweiser? That's pretty cool since I drink Miller.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

WRITTEN BYVINNIE IYER
@vinnieiyer
NFL
COWBOYS
CHIEFS

The NFL is screaming for a "new" Super Bowl. Sporting News' prediction for the 2019 season - the Cowboys beating the Chiefs in Super Bowl 54 - would be exactly that.

What better way to end the NFL's 100th season than to see the Chiefs try to win their first Super Bowl in 50 years before the Cowboys win their first in 24 years? The upcoming season is about tapping into professional football's history but also fast-forwarding to its future.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...per-bowl-54-chiefs/1x0kchi5aheds1eh0ils37yf98
I’d love to see both of the original Dallas franchises in the Super Bowl.

JustChip

Reaction score
Lol. I have seen some 6-10 predictions out there. This team is an enigma.
It’s really not just this team, it’s the NFL (other than a very few select teams). Since 2003, only 27% of the NFC division winners have repeated the following year. And only 41% of the playoff teams returned to the playoffs in the same timeframe.

khiladi

Reaction score
I believe the Cowboys are the only team to sell Miller Beer at their stadium. Isn't the NFL beer Budweiser? That's pretty cool since I drink Miller.

I’m not sure, but the Papa John’s NFL sponsor issue is valid here. While they got out of being the official sponsor of Papa John’s, they still continue to be the official sponsors of the Cowboys. John Schnatter, the owner who ‘resigned’, but remained on the board after the racist comments incident, is good friends with Jerry. He actually just resigned from the board completely this March, but per an article I read, he still controls over 30% shares.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Six teams in the NFC will have 11 or more wins? Has that ever happened?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

WRITTEN BYVINNIE IYER
@vinnieiyer
NFL
COWBOYS
CHIEFS

Bears or the Packers would be appropriate in NFL 100 th season. Facing Steelers or Browns.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Only one Goodell decision was questionable; every team complains about officiating and, in fact, believes that the Cowboys get the benefit of the calls, and top teams appear to ALWAYS get the benefit of the officiating calls. The same was said about the Pittsburgh Steelers and Cowboys in the 70s, the Cowboys of the 90s, and the Patriots this century.
You're citing subjective perceptions.

You can call it subjective; I'm calling it the way I see it.