Twitter: Snap counts vs Jets

XXLMike

Reaction score
Serious question - do your posts truly represent what you think, or are you simply trying to shock with hot takes?
Answer my question first is Michael Gallup, a professional number 2 wide receiver or even a number three?

XXLMike

Reaction score
Cooks has been one of the more consistent receivers in the league for the last few years. He missed yesterday with a sprained knee. It’s way too early to declare much of anything about this crew besides the continuing growth of Cedee Lamb into a star.
I want to believe that, and I’m going to give him every single chance, but he’s been on a number of teams in that time span as well.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to believe that, and I’m going to give him every single chance, but he’s been on a number of teams in that time span as well.
Brandin Cooks has been in the league the same number of years as Odell Beckham Jr, yet has more receptions and yards in his career than OBJ.

Why has he been on several teams? I think it’s because he’s in reality a great #2 receiver and not a #1 which means he’s really good but not enough to pay at the top of the market. Also he’s now 30.

But Brandin Cooks is an excellent balance for Cedee Lamb. He gets open, runs good routes and is a good teammate.
And Gallup needs to play better but we’re just 2 games into a 17 game season.

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
https://x.com/nflplayersnaps/status/1703808101311201691?s=61&t=YMI5H1aubcRu-873j-Wynw

Here are the snap counts vs NYJ from yesterday’s game.
What stands out to me:
  • The Cowboys ran a whopping 87 snaps yesterday to the Jets’ 47. That’s dominance.
  • Jalen Tolbert had 59 snaps and 3 receptions yesterday. What a difference a year of development makes.
  • LVE, Kearse, Gilmore and Diggs played every defensive snap.
  • TJ Bass had 42 snaps; most were good. Quite the accomplishment for a rookie UFA.
  • Rico Dawdle had 18 snaps and Deuce Vaughn 13. Both looked good in spots.
What jumps out to you?
What jumps out at me is the young guys getting reps. I think everyone agreed if we lost an offensive lineman we’d be screwed. Then Bass, an UDFA, steps in against 2 good defensive lines and we roll. That’s very exciting. Vaughn and Dowdle also get positive reps is great. What I’m excited about is with high end contracts coming up we need inexpensive contracts to balance it out and those inexpensive contracts are playing well so far. Bodes well for the future. And I’m not as scared if an offensive lineman gets hurt.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He did a good job IMO of lead blocking from FB.

Would like to see him get some carries/catches out of the lead fb position and some short yardage tries.
I could be wrong but I think he may have “it”..

Reactions: Ken

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Somebody had to step up. The other guys have been rather quiet lately.
I'm starting to think it is the other guy on his burner. No way MC isn't here telling us how bad the Cowboys are after his eagles won as well.

CCBoy

Reaction score
https://x.com/nflplayersnaps/status/1703808101311201691?s=61&t=YMI5H1aubcRu-873j-Wynw

Here are the snap counts vs NYJ from yesterday’s game.
What stands out to me:
  • The Cowboys ran a whopping 87 snaps yesterday to the Jets’ 47. That’s dominance.
  • Jalen Tolbert had 59 snaps and 3 receptions yesterday. What a difference a year of development makes.
  • LVE, Kearse, Gilmore and Diggs played every defensive snap.
  • TJ Bass had 42 snaps; most were good. Quite the accomplishment for a rookie UFA.
  • Rico Dawdle had 18 snaps and Deuce Vaughn 13. Both looked good in spots.
What jumps out to you?
TJ Bass got 42 plays on the carpet and those at his current stage, are money in the bank for Dallas. His value expands up...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Clark only getting 17 snaps is interesting to me.

I liked the increased usage of Deuce. He made it clear that if he gets the ball in space, he can be a weapon.
The Jets abandoned the run way too soon...and it reflected.

CWR

Reaction score
What stands out to me is we are in dire need of a WR.

Cooks is meh - Gallup is cfl trash - Tolbert is barely a pro .

Your eye is off man. Cooks is a strong wr2 and his quickness helps open up plays for the others. Tolbert has improved a lot. Give him a chance 2 years in. Gallup needs to show something soon, but he did play a different game in the rain and then match up with Sauce.

You over simplified everything. Context matters.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Cooks played 1 game, Tolbert played 1 game, well was not involved in game 1.
Gallup was blanketed in game 2, and was not needed in the game plan as Ceedee took over that game for the WR's.

Try again. Can you find something good to post?
Wonder why they covered Gallup so much when Lamb is our #1..

CCBoy

Reaction score
Your eye is off man. Cooks is a strong wr2 and his quickness helps open up plays for the others. Tolbert has improved a lot. Give him a chance 2 years in. Gallup needs to show something soon, but he did play a different game in the rain and then match up with Sauce.

You over simplified everything. Context matters.
The use of receivers this game were CD Lamb and double tight ends. Gallup will still be worked into flow of game with targets for SF and Philadelphia to have to deal with a fully used roster picture, for both the run and pass.

Reactions: CWR

Kwyn

Reaction score
It’s not t
Damn man really?

Sauce Gardner and DJ Reed are top notch corners. Gallup and Tolbert were covered by these guys most of the game.

This team is playing like a legit top 2 team in the league. They have Arizona and New England coming up and should be sitting at 4-0. Let’s enjoy this
har far fetched.

WR was something many of us looked for in the draft with Gallup being unknown.

Let’s see if he can step up