SNF: Ravens vs Chiefs Thread

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Kelce is the greatest TE I’ve ever seen. That’s probably not that surprising a statement for most people to say I’d wager.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
And Kelce is a beast.

OMG, what a run ... then 10000000000x times because he is a TE.

This is where I remind all of us that the Cowboys drafted TE Gavin Escobar 16 picks before KC took Kelce in the 2013 draft. :facepalm:

SackMaster

Reaction score
This is where I remind all of us that the Cowboys drafted TE Gavin Escobar 16 picks before KC took Kelce in the 2013 draft. :facepalm:
And I bet 31 teams are regretting that too.

Obviously no one thought he was going to be this good or he would have not been a 2nd Round pick.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
And I bet 31 teams are regretting that too.

Obviously no one thought he was going to be this good or he would have not been a 2nd Round pick.

I don't care about the other 30 teams, Jerry.

Escobar and Kelce were taken in the same round. The Cowboys made the wrong choice.

Last edited:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I know we are only 2 weeks into the season but aside from injuries shutting down KC, who in the AFC is a threat? I just don't see it right now. Mahomes and their offense is so good. You can keep them down for awhile like Cleveland did last week and at some point, they will explode.

Their defense is pretty suspect, though. I guess a good offense can hope to win a track meet with them but not sure who that is.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
If you're young, then that would make sense...

But every generation produces some great TEs for that era..
I go back to Ozzie Newsome, Kellen Winslow and Mark Bavarro. I’ll grant you the game has massively changed since then but still, Kelce is playing the position more dominantly than anyone I can ever remember.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you're young, then that would make sense...

But every generation produces some great TEs for that era..

I can only imagine what HOFer Kellen Winslow, the original (not his idiot son), would've done in this era. He was ahead of his time.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I know we are only 2 weeks into the season but aside from injuries shutting down KC, who in the AFC is a threat? I just don't see it right now. Mahomes and their offense is so good. You can keep them down for awhile like Cleveland did last week and at some point, they will explode.

Their defense is pretty suspect, though. I guess a good offense can hope to win a track meet with them but not sure who that is.
Cleveland is a serious threat. They are built to beat a team like the chiefs with their ability to run the ball. They dominated KC in the first half last week and screwed the pooch on the last drive of the first half by not putting more points on the board.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Cleveland is a serious threat. They are built to beat a team like the chiefs with their ability to run the ball. They dominated KC in the first half last week and screwed the pooch on the last drive of the first half by not putting more points on the board.

A threat? Maybe. A serious threat? Nope. Because at some point, Baker Mayfield will have to make a big drive in the 4th qtr and he just won't do that. He isn't consistent enough. He will miss some very easy passes that will halt the drive. He had 2 chances last year in the playoffs and 2 chances last week to take the lead against KC and he failed. I will take Mahomes every single day against Mayfield when they match up.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Mahomes is human after all. That was a poor decision. Even the great ones make some because the NFL is hard. It looks a lot easier from your couch.

SackMaster

Reaction score
I don't care about the other 30 teams, Jerry.

Escobar and Kelce were taken in the same round. The Cowboys made the wrong choice.
I hope you are held to the same 20/20 hindsight standard that you want to hold everyone else up to.
:thumbup:

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
A threat? Maybe. A serious threat? Nope. Because at some point, Baker Mayfield will have to make a big drive in the 4th qtr and he just won't do that. He isn't consistent enough. He will miss some very easy passes that will halt the drive. He had 2 chances last year in the playoffs and 2 chances last week to take the lead against KC and he failed. I will take Mahomes every single day against Mayfield when they match up.
Well of course Mayfield is not on Mahomes level but he is also a damn good quarterback. Cleveland could easily have won last year’s game in the playoffs just like they could have won last week. I think the two best teams in the AFC are KC and Cleveland and they aren’t that far apart.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Mahommes is a terrific player, but that was a ridiculous throw.

However, remember the Tom Brady throw last game. His lobs end up a catch for a 1st down. Brady is really good. But he must have a shamrock in his britches.