So, Any Tweeners Rated in the First Round?

canters

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. If we stay in the 3-4 as I am sure we will, we still need a pass rusher to help Ware..maybe Carp will be the man.

I would like us to address the OL with 2 of the first 3 picks. If we can pencil in Carp as a pass rushing OLB, then we will be sitting pretty.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
number_button-93.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Gaines Adams[/FONT]
231515.jpeg
profile.gif
arrow.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Class:
RS Senior
[/FONT]
arrow.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Hometown:
Greenwood, SC
[/FONT]
arrow.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]High School:
Fork Union Prep School/Cambridge Academy
[/FONT]
arrow.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Height / Weight:
6-5 / 260
[/FONT]
arrow.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Position:
DE
[/FONT]
arrow.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Experience:
3VL
[/FONT]
arrow.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Major:
Sport Management
[/FONT]

Adams Fact: Tied for 15th in Clemson history in sacks (15.5); he needs 13 to break Michael Dean Perry's 19-year old Tiger career record.
Years Lettered: 2003,04,05
Years Starter: 2005
Bowl Participation: Reserve defensive end in the 2004 Peach Bowl against #6 Tennessee; starting defensive end in the 2005 Champs Sports Bowl against Colorado.
Fall 2006 Depth Chart Position: First-team bandit end Overview: One of the top defensive players in the nation entering the 2006 season...rejuvenated the tradition of the Bandit end last year with an outstanding junior year; the term had been used in the 1980s, including Clemson's National Championship team of 1981 when Andy Headen starred at the position and even knocked down a pass downfield on the last play of Clemson's victory over Nebraska in the Orange Bowl...listed as the second-best, draft-eligible player in the nation regardless of position by ESPN's Mel Kiper; ranked #2 on his "Big Board"...first-team preseason All-American according to Playboy, Lindy's, and Phil Steele...Clemson's first Playboy All-American since Robert Carswell (2000)...ranked as the #2 defensive end in the nation by Lindy's and Phil Steele...named to the preseason watch list for the Ted Hendricks Award, Bednarik Award, and Bronko Nagurski Award...preseason All-America candidate by Football Writers Association...ranked as the #6 NFL prospect for the 2007 draft by Lindy's and #7-most likely player to win the Bronko Nagurski Award by Lindy's...preseason ACC Defensive Player-of-the-Year by Lindy's...#9 defensive end in the nation by Sporting News...ranked as ACC's #3 NFL prospect by Lindy's...preseason first-team All-ACC by Athlon, Lindy's, Sporting News, USA Today, and Phil Steele...considered turning pro after his junior year, but decided to return for his senior year...top returnee in the ACC in terms of sacks; he had 9.5 in 2005...active player who can deflect a pass at the line of scrimmage or downfield...for his career, he is a veteran of 35 games; he has missed just one game in three years...has made steady progress each year he has been at Clemson, as he has gone from 15 to 35 to 56 tackles in his three years...his 15.5 career sacks and 27 career tackles for loss are among the top-20 totals in Clemson history...has 14.5 sacks over the last two years, more than any other active Tiger...has had at least one tackle for loss in 15 of his last 23 games...has more career quarterback pressures (41) than any other Tiger, as 29 of them took place in 2005, a school record for one year...has 15 career pass breakups, among the top figures in Clemson history for a defensive lineman...has a 345-pound lift in the power clean that is fourth best on the team...has a 380-pound lift in the hang clean that is sixth-best on the team...no relation to former Clemson All-American and current Carolina Panther Keith Adams.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;1161600 said:
LB in the first round it is.

:shootme:
By season's end we won't be looking LB in round 1, but if we are I'd love to get Paul Posluzny of Penn State. Oh man what a player.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Quentin Moses
quentinmoses.jpg
Vitals:
Position: DEFENSIVE END
School:
Georgia
Year:
Senior
Height: 6'5

Weight:
Forty: n/a

NFL COMPARISONJevon Kearse, Eagles
Both players are tall, long-armed pass rushers who rely on speed and quickness rather than brute strength. However, both are undersized and struggle to anchor against the run.
quentinmoses2.jpg
SCOUTING REPORT
check.jpg
QUICKNESS: First and foremost in Moses' repitoire is his explosion off the ball. He may have the quickest first step of any pass rusher in college football. He also has very quick and agile feet, he can change directions well and redirect himself.
check.jpg
PASS RUSH: As evidenced by his 11 1/2 sacks as a junior, Moses can really get to the quarterback. He has a number of different pass rush moves including a quick spin move and straight up speed rush to get to the passer. He also displays good closing speed and aggressiveness in chasing down QBs.
check.jpg
ATHLETICISM/UPSIDE: A former basketball player as well, Moses is athletic and has long arms to be able to get up into passing lanes. He has the frame to add more weight and not lose his athleticism and quickness, so his upside is great. He has good, but not great straight line speed but his other qualities make up for it.
question.jpg
STRENGTH/BULK: Moses is built long and wiry right now. For him to be able to anchor against the run and develop a stronger bull rush, he'll need to add more strength and size. He'll have to get his playing weight up around 270 in the NFL.
question.jpg
PLAYING THE RUN : Part of it is being undersized, but the other part of Moses' troubles against the run is that he plays high and doesn't win leverage battles which compounds the fact that he is usually facing tackles that are bigger and stronger than him. OVERALL PROJECTIONHe brings something every team can use, heat on the Quarterback. He'll need to put in some work before he is a complete defensive end prospect, but he's well on his way and he has tons of potential.
CURRENT PROJECTION: High-mid 1st Round

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
theogt;1161600 said:
LB in the first round it is.

:shootme:

Both Gaines Adams, 6-5, 250 (Clemson) and Quentin Moses, 6-5, 250 (Georgia), who are DE's look athletic enough to rush standing up or put their hand on the ground. But both are project to go at the top part of the 1st.

A second day sleeper would be Martin Jackson (6-4, 250) from Alcorn State.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;1161643 said:
By season's end we won't be looking LB in round 1, but if we are I'd love to get Paul Posluzny of Penn State. Oh man what a player.
What makes you say that (no LB in round 1)?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1161675 said:

Because it's not going to happen.

Carpenter was drafted to play outside and outside he will be.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Hostile;1161643 said:

He's been a step slow this season but that's understandable given the severity of his knee injury in the Orange Bowl.

The Penn State LB that Dallas will probably look at though will be Tim Shaw. A MLB in the past, he's playing DE this year.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1161685 said:
Because it's not going to happen.

Carpenter was drafted to play outside and outside he will be.
If he clearly beats out Burnett and Singleton, that'd be nice. I haven't seen Carp play outside in the NFL, be it regular season or preseason, so I couldn't make a prediction one way or the other. Personally I'd like to have another Ellis sized player out there. I will predict, however, that Parcells sticks around another year, which means LB in the first round.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Not to get too far off topic... but you guys think we are pretty much gopnna go BPA in the 1st round? Maybe LB, OL, WR?

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
Quentin Moses is a beast. If you all are really looking for a DE to convert, he is probably your guy.

I thought Gaines Adams was a little bit bigger than you listed. I thought he was listed at 260 instead of 250. a lot of skins fans want us to look at him with out first pick. I think he would be more of a challenge trying to switch to LB than moses.

just my thoughts though

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
Hostile;1161643 said:

Another LB that I love is Buster Davis. Now, he is WAY to small to go to you all(5-10 240), but this guy is a rock. He is one of my favorite players to watch. It seems like he is always in on plays. But like I said, way off your radar cause of size

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1161693 said:
He's been a step slow this season but that's understandable given the severity of his knee injury in the Orange Bowl.

The Penn State LB that Dallas will probably look at though will be Tim Shaw. A MLB in the past, he's playing DE this year.

Shaw's definitely a player, but I don't see Bill looking that way solely due to his height. At 6'1" and 237, he's a stretch to play in the 3-4.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life;1161702 said:
Quentin Moses is a beast. If you all are really looking for a DE to convert, he is probably your guy.

I thought Gaines Adams was a little bit bigger than you listed. I thought he was listed at 260 instead of 250. a lot of skins fans want us to look at him with out first pick. I think he would be more of a challenge trying to switch to LB than moses.

just my thoughts though
orly.jpeg

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
smarta5150;1161701 said:
Not to get too far off topic... but you guys think we are pretty much gopnna go BPA in the 1st round? Maybe LB, OL, WR?

I think we're definitely going BPA.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;1161675 said:
Because Burnett and/or Carpenter should step up with this opportunity and plug the gap. This is the brass ring and they are very talented players.

The off season focus of round 1 will be on the OL and WR.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;1161721 said:
Because Burnett and/or Carpenter should step up with this opportunity and plug the gap. This is the brass ring and they are very talented players.

The off season focus of round 1 will be on the OL and WR.
I sure hope you're right.