So, Any Tweeners Rated in the First Round?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CATCH17;1161750 said:
Any of you guys seen Jarvis Moss from Florida? Hes a tweener and looks pretty darn good.

Also if you want an amazing Free Safety Reggie Nelson from Florida is your guy.

Personally I think hes better than Landry or anyone else.
I like Merriweather of Miami and Griffin of Texas as well.

I think Laron Landry is better than all of them.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
theogt;1161761 said:
Why on earth does that team get down into a 3 point stance on kickoffs?

Duh! So they can come off hard and low and hit the front line men who are gonna be 20 yards away... wait a second. I dont know.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
All I know is the best prospect i've ever seen at safety is at Miami and its not Merriweather.

Kenny Phillips when its said and done might be the best safety to ever play the game.

He was the Defensive player of the year in Highschool. Not his state but the nation.

Then he stepped on the field at Miami and beat out a very good safety and made All American as a Freshmen.

Hes only a true sophomore so watch out for this kid.

His coaches say he is the best safety prospect they've ever coached.

Hes like a mix of Ed Reed and Sean Taylor.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Hostile;1161733 said:
I'd love to see us get a FS or CB stud, but I think Offense is the focus. I think we can survive with this offense but the defense has to be fixed. JMO.

Laron Landry, FS from LSU is my main hope.

Alright Hos, let's see what you know.

Who is the 2nd best CB in the Pac-10? Here's a hint, he plays on your favorite college team. ;)

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
CATCH17;1161767 said:
All I know is the best prospect i've ever seen at safety is at Miami and its not Merriweather.

Kenny Phillips when its said and done might be the best safety to ever play the game.

He was the Defensive player of the year in Highschool. Not his state but the nation.

Then he stepped on the field at Miami and beat out a very good safety and made All American as a Freshmen.

I hope he isnt too much like Sean Taylor... I hate seeing talent end up in prison.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CATCH17;1161767 said:

I like Phillips a lot.

Laron is a true FS and would help us immensely.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SALADIN;1161770 said:
Alright Hos, let's see what you know.

Who is the 2nd best CB in the Pac-10? Here's a hint, he plays on your favorite college team. ;)
Ah c'mon man, Daymeion Hughes isn't number 1. My boy Antoine Cason is. Did you see that TD? He read that and held the ball up with 35 yeards still to go. He knew no one was catching him from behind.

Hughes has a lot of picks but no one throws it at Antoine.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hostile;1161772 said:
I like Phillips a lot.

Laron is a true FS and would help us immensely.

Yeah Kenny does play the strong but he can play it like a free.

Either way Pat Watkins is super talented as well.

He gets himself in a position to be successfull but at some point you got to stick your hand up and knock a ball down.

Hes shown me he can cover but now hes got to show me he can make a play on the ball.

Every TD scored on him he was in position to make a play.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Woodley from Michigan
Birdine from Oklahoma
Crowder from Texas
Not first rounders but interesting none the less

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Natedawg44;1161787 said:
Woodley from Michigan
Birdine from Oklahoma
Crowder from Texas
Not first rounders but interesting none the less

Birdine is so overrated its not funny.

I like Crowder though. He could probably play that position that Ellis does.

Lets just hope Carpenter lives up to the hype.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Hostile;1161778 said:
Ah c'mon man, Daymeion Hughes isn't number 1. My boy Antoine Cason is. Did you see that TD? He read that and held the ball up with 35 yeards still to go. He knew no one was catching him from behind.

Hughes has a lot of picks but no one throws it at Antoine.

And a great play it was. It's gonna be a close call come draft day. Cason did pretty good against Dwayne Jarrett (4 - 36yrds - 1 TD) but I tell you what, after Hughes shuts Jarrett down this Sat. I'll buy the crow and you can eat it. :D

Truth be told, I'd be happy with either.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
As good as Dewayne Jarret is I like Steve Smith better.

I've watched them both for 3 years now and I think Smith has really took that next step.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SALADIN;1161800 said:
And a great play it was. It's gonna be a close call come draft day. Cason did pretty good against Dwayne Jarrett (4 - 36yrds - 1 TD) but I tell you what, after Hughes shuts Jarrett down this Sat. I'll buy the crow and you can eat it. :D

Truth be told, I'd be happy with either.
I do think Cason will declare for the Draft. He's a Junior so he could come back if he thinks the Cats are on the verge finally. I just think he hears the call.

I like Hughes height and man can he smother a WR.

If Cason declares, I think he'll go top 10. You can't go wrong with either kid.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1161721 said:
Because Burnett and/or Carpenter should step up with this opportunity and plug the gap. This is the brass ring and they are very talented players.

The off season focus of round 1 will be on the OL and WR.

I think 1st round is going to be BPA

Bill and Jerry don't like to take OTs in the 1st round, and IMO, that's the only position on the Oline worth a 1st, not to mention McQ is looking like BIll's pet project at LT, and BIll doesn't like to take WRs in the 1st either

whoever is the best player on the board, minus K, QB, FB, TE, RB, S is who we're going to take, IMO

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1161810 said:
I think 1st round is going to be BPA

Bill and Jerry don't like to take OTs in the 1st round, and IMO, that's the only position on the Oline worth a 1st, not to mention McQ is looking like BIll's pet project at LT, and BIll doesn't like to take WRs in the 1st either

whoever is the best player on the board, minus K, QB, FB, TE, RB, S is who we're going to take, IMO
People tell me BPA every year. And every year I say how the Cowboys will focus their draft. And every year they focus their draft.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1161814 said:
People tell me BPA every year. And every year I say how the Cowboys will focus their draft. And every year they focus their draft.

we'll see, we have alot less needs than we did then

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1161821 said:
Hardly a reason not to have a focused plan.

true, but there's having a focused plan, and then there's

this draft is crazy, look who all these teams passed on

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
If you're looking for a good FS/CB tweener well than DaShon Goldson of Washington is your man. And you can get him in the middle rounds of the draft as high as 3rd as low as 6th in my opinion. Great sleeper pick if you ask me...