So I bought a Terrell Owens Jersey...Sigh...

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
If it's signed, definitely frame it...

Absolutely. You will regret it the first time you wear it during a game and spill mustard all over it.

MC KAos

Reaction score
hey im from el salvador, next time someone in the family goes back ill have them look up the sweat shops and get a bunch and sell them on ebay....muahahahaha

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Absolutely. You will regret it the first time you wear it during a game and spill mustard all over it.

Ever since the Orioles opened the ballpark at Camden Yards, I've made a point of attending at least one Sunday afternoon game per season... a few years back, I had forgotten to bring my O's cap with me, and our seats were in the sun, so I forked over for a new cap from one of the vendors...

Then it came time for the traditional trip through the line at Boog's Barbeque tent, and Boog himself was at the entrance to the tent, talking with the customers and signing autographs... not knowing he'd be there, I hadn't brought anything for him to sign, so he suggested my cap...

I gave it to him, got his sig, shook his hand... then I got my sandwich, and went back over to the vendor I'd bought my hat off of, and bought another to wear... the one Boog signed remains pristine to this day...

Boog Powell is a good deal smaller these days than he was in his playing days, looking real trim the last time I saw him... it would be hard to find a more engaging man, he's got a lot of great stories... as soon as you get within earshot of him, waiting in that long, long line isn't nearly as bothersome, you're laughing the whole time...

And being an O's fan for over 40 years now, it means a lot to me to have an autograph from one of the mainstays back in their glory days, a guy who actually played with Brooks Robinson...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
c0wb0y_m0nkey said:
While we're talking about jersey's, I'd like some input. My sister got me an old school #72 Ed 'Too Tall' Jones jersey, signed by Ed. My wife thinks it should be framed, my sister and I think it should be worn.

Thoughts?

I'm in the definite minority, but I'd wear it proudly, and you won't catch me framing a shirt.

What's the point of having it if you're not going to show it off? If you really need to wash it, there's always dry cleaning. A Too-Tall jersey is too cool to keep locked up.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Ever since the Orioles opened the ballpark at Camden Yards, I've made a point of attending at least one Sunday afternoon game per season... a few years back, I had forgotten to bring my O's cap with me, and our seats were in the sun, so I forked over for a new cap from one of the vendors...

Then it came time for the traditional trip through the line at Boog's Barbeque tent, and Boog himself was at the entrance to the tent, talking with the customers and signing autographs... not knowing he'd be there, I hadn't brought anything for him to sign, so he suggested my cap...

I gave it to him, got his sig, shook his hand... then I got my sandwich, and went back over to the vendor I'd bought my hat off of, and bought another to wear... the one Boog signed remains pristine to this day...

Boog Powell is a good deal smaller these days than he was in his playing days, looking real trim the last time I saw him... it would be hard to find a more engaging man, he's got a lot of great stories... as soon as you get within earshot of him, waiting in that long, long line isn't nearly as bothersome, you're laughing the whole time...

And being an O's fan for over 40 years now, it means a lot to me to have an autograph from one of the mainstays back in their glory days, a guy who actually played with Brooks Robinson...

Really enjoyed watching him in Cleveland...He was definitely a fan favorite here.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
Since we're on the subject..

lonestarjerseyguy is a reputable ebay vendor.

I've bought a couple jerseys from him and they're the real deal (made in El Salvador). You won't be getting any jerseys for 30 bucks from him, but you will pay far less than you would from any retail vendor. His selection has been a little lacking lately though.
Ive bought 5 or 6 authentics from him, always the real deal, and he'll get good ones for u.... i got henry, richie anderson, bledsoe, and an old school nike aikman.... some other ones too.... must have whole team...:bounce:

Gfunk

Reaction score
interesting, cause not only is Portis back this weekend, but I just received my white authentic #26

http://store.Commanders.com/images/products/mediumimages/7009A26AUTH.jpg

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Idgit said:
I'm in the definite minority, but I'd wear it proudly, and you won't catch me framing a shirt.

What's the point of having it if you're not going to show it off? If you really need to wash it, there's always dry cleaning. A Too-Tall jersey is too cool to keep locked up.

That's my feeling as well. I'm never going to sell it, so keeping it pristine is no big deal. I don't plan on washing it that often, so that's not a big deal either, it's not like Sharpie washes off.. ( or does it T.O.?)

baj1dallas

Reaction score
c0wb0y_m0nkey said:
While we're talking about jersey's, I'd like some input. My sister got me an old school #72 Ed 'Too Tall' Jones jersey, signed by Ed. My wife thinks it should be framed, my sister and I think it should be worn.

Thoughts?

Wear it once and only once to a special occasion where there's no kids around. Then frame it.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Gfunk said:
interesting, cause not only is Portis back this weekend, but I just received my white authentic #26

Looks great ...except for one of the shoulders!

rojan

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Looks great ...except for one of the shoulders!

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Ashwynn

Reaction score
rojan said:
My sister bought me an Owens Jersey for Graduation..I told her my 1st choise was Newman than Ware than Owens..I wanted a Thanksgiving trowback but I just got the bad luck blue..Its all good though...I allways get complaiments from randoms when I wear the Owens Jersey...I allso have a Keyshawn Jersey....Last year for my birthday I told my sister I wanted a Jones jersey and she asked me his number so she went on Ebay on got me a Sanders jersey..O well its the thought that counts
Right, it is the thought, but thats funny as hell. I almost fell out of my chair. :lmao2: :lmao: :bow:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
c0wb0y_m0nkey said:

Thoughts?

your sister is no smart your wife is very smart, frame that thing

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
What a coincidence ...just got my Donte Stallworth jersey.

img3505410med.jpg

More like the Bizzaro 81..... we got Superman!

cbfan55

Reaction score
c0wb0y_m0nkey said:

Thoughts?
Are you crazy, Frame it

Route 66

Reaction score
Gfunk said:

I think you got the misspelled version. This one is the more expensive one...

http://img65.*************/img65/8765/tortisib0.jpg