So I Was Visiting That Other Forum

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
adamknite;2425532 said:
The refs this year have been terrible.. and not just for Dallas. Watching other games I see horrible calls or noncalls and just wonder to myself "what is wrong with the refs?" it's like an NFL trend.
It's fashionable to say that. But it's like this every year. It isn't like the refs just started being bad all of the sudden. This has been a issue for decades. At this point I'm not sure full time refs would help.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
superpunk;2425459 said:
What do intentional grounding mean?

Apparently, the refs last night had no idea. Because Campbell and Randle El both were guilty of it. Only Madden found a way to praise Campbell for squaring his shoulders and THEN grounding the ball before getting sacked, which was admirable, I suppose.

I thought the same thing. He twice threw the ball into the stands inside the tackle box.

Just like the first time we played.

and I dont remember them complaining when a blatant face mask on pacman wasnt called in Dallas or the constant mugging of our wr.

adamknite

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2425622 said:
It's fashionable to say that. But it's like this every year. It isn't like the refs just started being bad all of the sudden. This has been a issue for decades. At this point I'm not sure full time refs would help.

Maybe I've just been paying closer attention this year, but it has seemed that way IMO. There's always going to be bad calls/no calls.

links18

Reaction score
The refs have gotten so bad that they are starting to compromise the integrity of the game. Personal foul penalties, pass interference and the automatic first down penalties are game changers--the refs need to be a little more judicious in handing them out.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Hostile;2425583 said:
You know, I forgot about that. What was up with that call?

The closest ref was backpedaling to get away from Cartwright, and he came back and spotted the ball 5 yards farther down the field. The booth official also blew it by not reviewing the play.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Portis playing took the out from the Commander fans so they had to come up with another reason for the loss.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe if Dallas would actually work on all those pesky penalties they do get and try and stop the brain dead illegal motion and other pre-snap penalties, they would fare better.

The skins whine about penalties after every game, win or lose.

Want to know a secret.

So do us Dallas fans.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
superpunk;2425459 said:
What do intentional grounding mean?

Apparently, the refs last night had no idea. Because Campbell and Randle El both were guilty of it. Only Madden found a way to praise Campbell for squaring his shoulders and THEN grounding the ball before getting sacked, which was admirable, I suppose.

it's not grounding if you throw it past the line of scrimmage, even from the tackle box.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I stand corrected after looking it up - there has to be a realistic chance of a completion from the tackle box. If nobody's around, it's grounding no matter what.

The pass from Campbell certainly looked like grounding to me.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Oh who gives a crap. I'm so tired of refs missing calls being blamed for why a team loses. Every fan base acts as if their team is perfect and aren't getting away with the exact same missed holding calls and such.

Pathetic blaming it on the refs when you don't win.

Kilyin

Reaction score
casmith07;2425895 said:
it's not grounding if you throw it past the line of scrimmage, even from the tackle box.

How many times are you going to post this crap?

Yes, it is.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
casmith07;2425895 said:

Explain the IG on romo in the playoff game then. He did the same thing as campbell last night and got a flag.

Like PI it seems to be officiated differently each week.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
TheCount;2425464 said:
You're lucky you're not in the NFL, you'd have been fined 20 grand for saying that.

some people need your sig to explain Newman's line of " straight ballin" last week! awesome!!:bow:

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Personally I like it better when the refs don't call a lot of penalties and just let the teams fight it out.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Hos, hope you don't mind, I had to put 10 minutes into your pic.
r.jpg

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2425410 said:
One poster said he hoped the next time we play that the Refs are more unbiased.

Dallas...5 penalties, 40 yards.

Washington...2 penalties, 10 yards.

I wonder where his bus stops?

81052020.OtHgSgn6.jpg
Bad calls aren't limited to penalties. If you can say with a straight face that the ball wasn't down at the 1 and not a touchback. you're a blind homer. The rule states that on a punt, as soon as the opposing team touches the ball, it is dead where the ball is touched. Cartwright touched it down at the 1, rolled over, then had it kicked into him while he was in the endzone. Triplett rulled he touched the ball in the endzone, referring to the ball hitting his ***, which was also wrong, because even if he had not touched it, it would have been dead where it was kicked by the Skins, which was also outside of the endzone.

Also, late in the 1st half, Portis was clearly out of bounds when they said he wasn't and the clock continued to roll, forcing a FG instead of going for the endzone a few times.

I don't think either one would have meant much in the outcome of the game, but both were huge plays, and both calls were wrong.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2426369 said:
Bad calls aren't limited to penalties. If you can say with a straight face that the ball wasn't down at the 1 and not a touchback. you're a blind homer. The rule states that on a punt, as soon as the opposing team touches the ball, it is dead where the ball is touched. Cartwright touched it down at the 1, rolled over, then had it kicked into him while he was in the endzone. Triplett rulled he touched the ball in the endzone, referring to the ball hitting his ***, which was also wrong, because even if he had not touched it, it would have been dead where it was kicked by the Skins, which was also outside of the endzone.

Also, late in the 1st half, Portis was clearly out of bounds when they said he wasn't and the clock continued to roll, forcing a FG instead of going for the endzone a few times.

I don't think either one would have meant much in the outcome of the game, but both were huge plays, and both calls were wrong.

thats not true if it's touched and bounces into the endzone it's a touchback.

adamknite

Reaction score
Extreme;2426369 said:
Bad calls aren't limited to penalties. If you can say with a straight face that the ball wasn't down at the 1 and not a touchback. you're a blind homer.

Then tell me this.. How come when a player dives at the ball hits it back to his teammate standing on the 2 yard line... the ball is spotted on the 2 yard line, and not 1 inch line? It's because it's where the ball was downed, not where it was touched.

Extreme;2426369 said:
The rule states that on a punt, as soon as the opposing team touches the ball, it is dead where the ball is touched.

It does? That's odd......

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/kicksfromscrimmage

A punted ball remains a kicked ball until it is declared dead or in possession of either team.

The ball was neither dead or in possession of either team.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Bad calls aren't limited to penalties. If you can say with a straight face that the ball wasn't down at the 1 and not a touchback. you're a blind homer.

this guy cant be serious with this.