So, my wife sends me a text...

Venger

Reaction score
She's at dinner with some girlfriends, and she sez...

"Tony Romo is here. He's wearing a ball cap inside. What a tool......"

:muttley:

Venger

Reaction score
bbgun;3755904 said:
Backwards, no doubt.

Does he wear it any other way? I will confirm when she gets home.

Wearing hats in restaurants, especially at dinner, is a pet peeve of ours. Folks were raised in a barn, I'd swear it...

I love the way the Duke handled it. Watch a John Wayne movie, anyone walks in with a hat and doesn't take it off gets a "Is your head cold?" Love old school....

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Venger;3755910 said:
Does he wear it any other way? I will confirm when she gets home.

Wearing hats in restaurants, especially at dinner, is a pet peeve of ours. Folks were raised in a barn, I'd swear it...

I love the way the Duke handled it. Watch a John Wayne movie, anyone walks in with a hat and doesn't take it off gets a "Is your head cold?" Love old school....

Well, we know he's not trying to hide baldness.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Tony says he wears caps because he looks better in them.

I prefer the cap look than that stupid barf inducing newsie thingy.

Did your wife say if hes with the fiancee?

Temo

Reaction score
He's probably wearing the cap for the same reason most celebs do: to remain inconspicuous.

Venger

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3755921 said:
Did your wife say if hes with the fiancee?
She texted, will ask when she gets home, unless she brings home her drunk friends for a once-in-a-lifetime semi-drunk Christmas present for me... please Santa PLEASE...
Temo;3755941 said:
He's probably wearing the cap for the same reason most celebs do: to remain inconspicuous.
I think he wears it because he's got a some aww-shucks Gomer in him... but man, in a nice place eating dinner, get that thing off your head unless you are playing center field or about to go mow their lawn...

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Venger;3755945 said:
I think he wears it because he's got a some aww-shucks Gomer in him... but man, in a nice place eating dinner, get that thing off your head unless you are playing center field or about to go mow their lawn...

What's wrong with wearing your cap at Burger King?:gent:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
People that care about "etiquette" boggle my mind. Such stupid stuff to care about. What the hell does having a hat on while you eat have to do with anything. Does it give you gas or something?

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3755985 said:
People that care about "etiquette" boggle my mind. Such stupid stuff to care about. What the hell does having a hat on while you eat have to do with anything. Does it give you gas or something?

If you go to a 5 star restaurant and wear a hat, well a crappy hat like a cap it is just uncouth. I guess you could also go to a funeral in your ski outfit or just a thong, be ok too huh.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
MonsterD;3756008 said:
If you go to a 5 star restaurant and wear a hat, well a crappy hat like a cap it is just uncouth. I guess you could also go to a funeral in your ski outfit or just a thong, be ok too huh.

:hammer:

[youtube]sxtxzF5L8VA[/youtube]

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3755985 said:

Etiquette will pop up in the strangest places. Do not believe for a second it doesn't factor into interpersonal networking, which can take you places you would not have access to otherwise.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
I'm sure if he is wearing a ball cap forwards it is so that he might not be recognized.

Is it even that nice of a restaurant?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
MonsterD;3756008 said:

bbgun;3756010 said:
:hammer:

[youtube]sxtxzF5L8VA[/youtube]

Its all made up rules. People used to ear powdered wigs too.

If you really want to see Tony's hair you can google it

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Were you people all born in the 1880's?

Hats are for outdoor protection. They're not needed indoors, but it's hardly a point of modern etiquette to require they be taken off. I don't know that I know a single person under the age of 60 who would even be aware enough to consider that custom anymore, much less care about something so outdated.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Yeah the hat thing is outdated and needs to go away. Hats are comfortable to wear, more so than wearing nothing at times, depending on your hair.

Never understood stuff like that, even when parents tried to drill it into me. Like keeping your elbows off the table when you eat. No thanks, more comfortable that way.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Idgit;3756114 said:
Were you people all born in the 1880's?

Hats are for outdoor protection. They're not needed indoors, but it's hardly a point of modern etiquette to require they be taken off. I don't know that I know a single person under the age of 60 who would even be aware enough to consider that custom anymore, much less care about something so outdated.
I'm under 60 and I am aware. I do not wear a cap or hat indoors. Never have. Never will unless it is like at Home Depot and I am buying parts.

When I was a kid I remember at dances when cowboys held their hat in their hand behind the lady's back. I remember Bum Phillips not wearing his hat in the Astrodome. It just wasn't done.

But caps in particular become a fashion statement years ago and people wear them as an accessory. I wear a cap or hat to protect my head or face from the sun.

I used to work in a sporting goods shop when I was in college. I used to marvel at guys looking for caps with no wrinkles. If it had a wrinkle it was no use to them.

It's not like he was wearing his sunglasses indoors at night. Now that is the one that looks absolutely stupid to me.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I never wear hats, seldom wear caps. (I only own Cowboys and Rangers caps) If I am wearing a cap, I do not take it off when I go indoors somewhere. Then again, I don't exactly wear that cap to places that I would consider it to be inappropriate. A fast food restaurant, a friends house to watch a football game, a sports bar, a grocery store, etc. There is zero reason for me to take it off.

Basically, if I were going somewhere that I wouldn't wear jeans and a t-shirt, then I also wouldn't wear a cap. All other places get the cap treatment. :)