So, my wife sends me a text...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;3756215 said:
It's not like he was wearing his sunglasses indoors at night. Now that is the one that looks absolutely stupid to me.

Even if you're Jack Nicholson and you are wearing them because you're stoned out of your mind and in the front row of a Laker game thats on national TV? :laugh2:

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Maybe he has a bald spot and needs to consult Tom Brady for hair restoration..

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
My Dallas Cowboys cap is part of who I am. I'm identified with it so much that it's become famous among my circle of friends and acquaintances. You will rarely see me without my cap on although there are a few exceptions. I don't wear hats to church and formal events such as college graduations. But do I wear it inside a restaurant? Sure do.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I wear caps inside all of the time although I know I shouldn't...

Everyone knows a doo rag is the only appropriate indoor head covering...

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
MonsterD;3756008 said:
If you go to a 5 star restaurant and wear a hat, well a crappy hat like a cap it is just uncouth. I guess you could also go to a funeral in your ski outfit or just a thong, be ok too huh.

I doubt his wife and her girlfriends are slugging down cosmopolitans at a 5-star restaurant.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I keep my cap on during trips to the grocery store or McDonald's, but if it's a sit down restaurant with a waiter or waitress, or if I'm a guest in someone's home, off it goes.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
bbgun;3756339 said:
I keep my cap on during trips to the grocery store or McDonald's, but if it's a sit down restaurant with a waiter or waitress, or if I'm a guest in someone's home, off it goes.

When were you ever a guest in someone's home?

Sometimes your imagination runs a bit too rampant... :rolleyes:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Venger;3756001 said:
Update - fiancee? Yes. Ball cap? Forwards.
Forwards tells us he was at least trying to lay low.

If it's a nice place, wearing a cap is a bit toolish, but not that much so. It's fairly common these days, and it certainly doesn't harm anyone. It's a bit superficial to even be concerned about something so irrelevent...but it's all in good fun.

I'm not sure what the cut-off would be. A middle of the road place that has waitresses? I know if you walk into Mi Cosina in Highland Park on a Friday or Saturday evening, there will still be 7-8 (or more) people with caps on. And many of these guys are as comfortable in a tux as they are in jeans.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue;3756354 said:
When were you ever a guest in someone's home?

53799d1233210381t-herbert-family-guy-oldman.jpg

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
DallasCowboysRule!;3756310 said:
My Dallas Cowboys cap is part of who I am. I'm identified with it so much that it's become famous among my circle of friends and acquaintances. You will rarely see me without my cap on although there are a few exceptions. I don't wear hats to church and formal events such as college graduations. But do I wear it inside a restaurant? Sure do.

Something tells me that Romo was not eating at the Olive Garden. Look at the photo of him proposing. Do you see him wearing a cap when he is on his knee proposing to Candice?

If you went a very fancy restaurant and drop say 200 bucks on an entree, you wear a baseball cap to it? Logically the most stringent mores still hold in those situations.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Nice restaurant? Take the damn cap off. Those "silly etiquette rules" are what prevent middle-aged fat men from wearing thong bikinis in the middle of the mall. In other words, they may be arbitrary rules, but people need to abide by them.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3756026 said:
Etiquette will pop up in the strangest places. Do not believe for a second it doesn't factor into interpersonal networking, which can take you places you would not have access to otherwise.

Oh, I'm fully aware that it does, but that's because people are stupid and have to whine about something, so they worry about the most asinine and unimportant things.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
theogt;3756654 said:
Nice restaurant? Take the damn cap off. Those "silly etiquette rules" are what prevent middle-aged fat men from wearing thong bikinis in the middle of the mall. In other words, they may be arbitrary rules, but people need to abide by them.

One gives people nightmares, the other does nothing except to stuck up whiners who think they're better than others. Not even close to the same thing.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3756774 said:
One gives people nightmares, the other does nothing except to stuck up whiners who think they're better than others. Not even close to the same thing.

People advocating basic manners = stuck up whining? Interesting.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Its an extra piece of attire. I can chose to be offended by a tie or a watch if I want, it doesnt make it right.