so no brewster and Bright either.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
laythewood28;4008187 said:
Man we are really thin at oline what are we going to do now? Do we even gave enough guys to start camp? who leads the first team offense with free, Kosier, aNd guys like Davis, Bright (RETIRING), and Brewster being cut?
Where are you hearing or reading this?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
laythewood28;4008187 said:
Man we are really thin at oline what are we going to do now? Do we even gave enough guys to start camp? who leads the first team offense with free, Kosier, aNd guys like Davis, Bright (RETIRING), and Brewster being cut?

Bright is retiring? How did I miss that?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had hopes for Bright showing something.

"Retirement" talk surprises me.

Add Brewster to the epic failure that was the 2009 draft.

What a disgrace!

warrior43

Reaction score
LT Free
LG Kosier (hopefully)
C Gurode
RG Phil Costa
RT Tyron Smith

Thats our oline this year

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
We've got Free-Kosier-Gurode-?-Smith on the first team O-Line.

I'd pretty much take that. Of course, there would be some concerns about Kosier's health. Gurode, I thought played very well last year. He's more inconsistent than I would like, but I didn't see that as a problem last year.

Healthy, I'll take that O-Line provided Smith is as good as advertised.

Right guard is not a killer position. Yes, a poor right guard can hurt the O-Line, but in general not too hard to find somebody decent. I don't think Brewster was in the plans after they cut him the first time around. Same with Bright. In fact, Costa seemed much more in their plans than Brewster or Bright by mid-2010.

What we really need is to get the defense together because that is what killed us last year.

YR

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
stasheroo;4008206 said:
Add Brewster to the epic failure that was the 2009 draft.

What a disgrace!

The stink was strong with that one!

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
warrior43;4008213 said:
LT Free
LG Kosier (hopefully)
C Gurode
RG Phil Costa
RT Tyron Smith

I could live with that though we are in deep trouble if we have injuries. I guess most teams would be.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
warrior43;4008213 said:
LT Free
LG Kosier (hopefully)
C Gurode
RG Phil Costa
RT Tyron Smith

That right side is scary. Two young players with little experience. I think we need a veteran next to Smith. Maybe move Gurode over and have an open center competition?

(and to those that laugh when you are concerned about something, go screw yourself)

Cowboys22

Reaction score
They have quite a few young interior lineman and they signed a few more UDFAs. They may very well sign a guard in free agency or go with Holland at one spot and the young guys as backups. I'd like to see Kosier and another guard signed with Holland as the primary backup unless Arkin is ready to play.