so no brewster and Bright either.

laythewood28

Reaction score
I think all this puts an asomugha signing to bed. Way too many holes fill to spend on one luxury player.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Can't Costa also play Center? I like what I saw of him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pottsville Maroons;4008271 said:
Not surprised about Brewster but I am surprised about Bright. I had high hopes for him.

You and me both.

Didn't like the Brewster pick from day one but I liked what I saw from Bright in the preseason last year.

I wonder what the deal was with him?

Heart not in it?

Better offer off the field?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
There is a chance he could be placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list when training camp starts.

Gurode, a five-time Pro Bowler, hasn't missed a start the last three seasons and it doesn't appear as if he will miss any regular-season games.

Where is the panic?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
burmafrd;4008258 said:
So much for our INSIDE sources on that one!
LOL

You are still so bitter about Free turning out to be something.

laythewood28

Reaction score
zrinkill;4008286 said:
Where is the panic?

I agree. Him being long in the tooth would probably even benefit him if he didn't practice. I'm more worried about the other guys like Kosier and finding suitable replacements for Davis, Brewster, and Bright with limited funds and so little time.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Hostile;4008291 said:
LOL

You are still so bitter about Free turning out to be something.

As I have said so many times it was a case of I DON'T BELIEVE THE COACHES KNOW except by accident when they have a good one.

With their TRULY HORRENDOUS record of developing O Linemen, why should I believe them that Free was going to be good? Especially since at that time McQ was still the swing tackle and Free was never activated?

Free looks more and more like a case of DUMB LUCK then good judgement on the O Line staff's part. Especially NOW with Brewster being cut and Bright gone as well.

burmafrd

Reaction score
By the way I was talking about Gurode. How this happened and NO one found out about it until today is VERY interesting.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
burmafrd;4008311 said:
As I have said so many times it was a case of I DON'T BELIEVE THE COACHES KNOW except by accident when they have a good one.

With their TRULY HORRENDOUS record of developing O Linemen, why should I believe them that Free was going to be good? Especially since at that time McQ was still the swing tackle and Free was never activated?

Free looks more and more like a case of DUMB LUCK then good judgement on the O Line staff's part. Especially NOW with Brewster being cut and Bright gone as well.
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Same old whining drone.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Hostile;4008324 said:
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Same old whining drone.

Same ol superior BS from you. Considering the number of duds on the O line we have had, you were taking a chance even talking about him.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
burmafrd;4008311 said:

Bright was a UDFA. Not sure why we look at that as some colossal bust.

YR

Jed_70

Reaction score
warrior43;4008213 said:
LT Free
LG Kosier (hopefully)
C Gurode
RG Phil Costa
RT Tyron Smith

Thats our oline this year

After what happened last year, I doubt we go into the season with the right side of our OL looking like that.

I'm fine with Smith at RT but I am willing to bet that they bring in a veteran to play RG.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This is seriously beginning to take on the look of a rebuilding project. With respect to the OL, it's long overdue. The question is: can the staff make up for all their inadequacies of the past by attaining and developing a capable OL? I've gotta wonder about that. Keep your fingers crossed and just hope Arkin's a quick study.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
burmafrd;4008332 said:
Same ol superior BS from you. Considering the number of duds on the O line we have had, you were taking a chance even talking about him.
I was reporting the feelings of the coaching staff, not sharing my own gut instincts on potential. I'm sorry that I pay more attention to them than I do you, but they actually know football.

RS12

Reaction score
What happened to Holland? Not that I think he could make it through a season. The failure of Rogers and Peterman really hurt. Even if one worked out, they would be in their prime now.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Hostile;4008365 said:
I was reporting the feelings of the coaching staff, not sharing my own gut instincts on potential. I'm sorry that I pay more attention to them than I do you, but they actually know football.

Brewster
Marten
McQ
the Proctologist

I could go on couldn't I? This same staff has developed ONE STARTING O lineman in how many years? Yeah they really know football.

CCBoy

Reaction score
burmafrd;4008332 said:

Burma, I'm just awaiting to see what is resolved over the next week on the personnel look of the position...taking a wait and see approach here.:)

But churn of the lower roster places always goes to new and cheaper players. The roles of the top slots is where approval ratings hang their caps. Here, Jerry Jones has a very large GM credability view in progress right now. We shall see...