So The Question Is: "Are U A Homer, Or A Hater?"

Doomsday101

Reaction score
For me I am a fan, I give the team and players a certain amount of the benefit of the doubt. When a player screws up I'm upset but also expect them to put it behind them and move on to the next play not dwell on it. I don't hate on any of these guys does not mean I don't look for them to be replaced if they continue to play bad.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I tend to lean more towards homer, but I think it's safe to say that I do try to be fair with my criticism when I see something that needs criticising. I think, when there are weaknesses, it's good to be honest and point out where weaknesses are. For example, our NT position needs upgrading. I think that's a fair and honest assessment.

kskboys

Reaction score
I tend to lean more towards homer, but I think it's safe to say that I do try to be fair with my criticism when I see something that needs criticising. I think, when there are weaknesses, it's good to be honest and point out where weaknesses are. For example, our NT position needs upgrading. I think that's a fair and honest assessment.
Hater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
My reply sung in the tune of Mambo #5

Homers and Haters
One, two, three, four, five
Everybody in the bus, so come on, let's talk to the liquor store guy and find out what's going on
The boys say they want to add some juice to this newly Mooreless offense.
But I really don't want a playoff bust like last year against those 9'rs

I must stay deep because Steven is cheap
I like Micah, Cee Dee, Smith and Diggs
And as I continue, you know they getting better (uh)
So what can I do? I really beg you Jerry
To me is football is the only sport
Let Cooks fly, it's all good, dump Zeke regretfully

A little bit of Micah making QB's running for their lives
A little bit of Cee Dee running wide
A little bit of Pollard is all we need
A little bit of Diggs tackling is what want to see
A little bit of Gallup losing balls in the sun
A little bit of Jerry shutting his mouth
A little bit of Dak not throwing those ints
A little bit of wins makes me a fan (ah)

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This labeling thing has gotten out of control. I've been a fan since 75. I'm really disappointed by what has happened the last 2-3 decades after being in "Super Bowl or bust" nirvana for most of the 70s-90s. Now it is cool to be all rosy about 3 playoff wins, etc? I love the team but I don't love 10 years of JG that we wasted or the FO not going all in when we had talent, etc. Every year is a new one but for people just too sit here smiling and acting like we should just be happy is ridiculous. Also, what happened to just looking at things from afar and making judgements that are kind of down the middle? I mean most will admit Dad can look great or horrible week to week. A lot of our studs have failed in big games. It's reality....not love or hate. Just objectively look at the last decades. That's it

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Another binary thread in the overtime zone.

If you never criticize the team - homer!
If you ever criticize the team - hater!

Most people are a bit more nuanced. I can be a lifelong Cowboys fan - I am - and root like hell for them while criticizing anyone I think is holding the team back. It's not difficult.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Most people are a bit more nuanced. I can be a lifelong Cowboys fan - I am - and root like hell for them while criticizing anyone I think is holding the team back. It's not difficult.
It’s never been about “if you criticize Dak then you’re a hater”. How many times do I have to spell it out? A hater is one who does nothing but crap on the Cowboys EVERY THREAD, EVERY POST, EVERY DAY. I’ve said this for years.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

Great post

DZSierra

Reaction score
The Homers just want their team to win and celebrate when they do.

The Haters just want their team to lose and then complain when they do.

So now I have to ask: "Which one are U?"
Neither, I'm a realist and understand that apparently the Cowboys are the most successful NFL team out there "marketing wise" in part due to Bob Ryan and John Facenda.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Neither, I'm a realist and understand that apparently the Cowboys are the most successful NFL team out there "marketing wise" in part due to Bob Ryan and John Facenda.
Marketing is everything in sport....right?:espn:

DZSierra

Reaction score
Marketing is everything in sport....right?:espn:
As long as you're being talked about and making "news", I guess.

In the past, some here have said that the news looks for Jerry Jones, and that's why he makes headlines and that Jerry isn't looking for the attention. My response would be if that is the case, in general, jut replay "I apologize, but at this moment in time I have nothing to say".

Sincere question, what other owners of NFL teams are also the general manager?

I could be wrong, but it would be Mike Brown of the mighty Cleveland Browns. It's a GREAT thing that Jerry can play up "America's team". Not being sarcastic, but he does make the NFL money.

We are however living in a different age. I already hate Will Levis just because his girlfriend is noticeably hot looking and has over 300,000 followers on instagram as a college senior and doesn't actually have to work yet. I'm just getting too old and am BF ugly to post pics of my face everywhere. Ironically enough, one could argue it all comes down to marketing...

CCBoy

Reaction score
As long as you're being talked about and making "news", I guess.

In the past, some here have said that the news looks for Jerry Jones, and that's why he makes headlines and that Jerry isn't looking for the attention. My response would be if that is the case, in general, jut replay "I apologize, but at this moment in time I have nothing to say".

Sincere question, what other owners of NFL teams are also the general manager?

I could be wrong, but it would be Mike Brown of the mighty Cleveland Browns. It's a GREAT thing that Jerry can play up "America's team". Not being sarcastic, but he does make the NFL money.

We are however living in a different age. I already hate Will Levis just because his girlfriend is noticeably hot looking and has over 300,000 followers on instagram as a college senior and doesn't actually have to work yet. I'm just getting too old and am BF ugly to post pics of my face everywhere. Ironically enough, one could argue it all comes down to marketing...
The AFL and it's validity in emergency was all dependent upon marketing and gambles. The Raiders emerged with their owner serving as GM as well. He was successful and owned up to get his own Lombardis as well. Now, he took time when Jerry was forming his own place in the NFL, but Jerry has kept up with and learned how to keep up with the evolution in the NFL.

He still is at the cutting edge of marketing and that was learned starting with the departure of Tom Landry, but not by Jimmy Johnson at his departure, regrettably then.

Me, I'm a fan of football and have enjoyed the fandom from when the Cowboys were born in 1960...and thanks for the conversation here. :starspin:

DZSierra

Reaction score
The AFL and it's validity in emergency was all dependent upon marketing and gambles. The Raiders emerged with their owner serving as GM as well. He was successful and owned up to get his own Lombardis as well. Now, he took time when Jerry was forming his own place in the NFL, but Jerry has kept up with and learned how to keep up with the evolution in the NFL.

He still is at the cutting edge of marketing and that was learned starting with the departure of Tom Landry, but not by Jimmy Johnson at his departure, regrettably then.

Me, I'm a fan of football and have enjoyed the fandom from when the Cowboys were born in 1960...and thanks for the conversation here. :starspin:
Honestly, having NEVER lived in the state of Texas, I knew and respected Tom Landry (who couldn't?). But I can't lie, never being a "Texan", never knew who actually signed off on Tom Landry's paycheck (or Roger Staubach's) because perhaps I didn't live in Texas, the owner of the Cowboys never seemed to make the news outside the state.