So, who hates to fly???

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Going on a trip next week...I hate flying with a passion. Just wanted to see who shared the same dislike...and if not, why.

A while ago I made the mistake of being on a plane and thinking of how a plane looks flying WAY up in the sky when you're looking from the ground...and then realized, that's how I looked to people on the ground at that moment.

OH MY. :eek:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Planes don't bother but I will not get in helicopters. I'm ok if I can't really see the ground from the air.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2020182 said:
Planes don't bother but I will not get in helicopters. I'm ok if I can't really see the ground from the air.

So basically, being above the clouds allows you to be in denial because you can't see the ground.

Well that's a coping mechanism I can try. Denial is a good tool. I've often used it while dating. :)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Juke99;2020188 said:
So basically, being above the clouds allows you to be in denial because you can't see the ground.

Well that's a coping mechanism I can try. Denial is a good tool. I've often used it while dating. :)

Well that and you can fall out of helicopter a lot easier than a plane. :laugh2:

I have been in almost every type of plane. The company I work for has a 10 seater. It's interesting to watch a landing from the front seat.

Duane

Reaction score
When I first started flying for work I was terrified. I'd have to eat a couple of Xannax to calm me down. Now the only part that bothers me is take off and the first minute or two.

Duane

Reaction score
Juke99;2020188 said:

If they are like my dates, their first few dates are made in denial as well. Then they snap out of it and leave. :laugh2:

The Rawhide Kid

Gunslinger
Reaction score
I hate flying... It was a cool superpower but it gets old after a while. Wish I'd chosen X-Ray Vision.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99;2020177 said:
Going on a trip next week...I hate flying with a passion. Just wanted to see who shared the same dislike...and if not, why.

A while ago I made the mistake of being on a plane and thinking of how a plane looks flying WAY up in the sky when you're looking from the ground...and then realized, that's how I looked to people on the ground at that moment.

OH MY. :eek:
My dad was a pilot. I've always loved it. Just focus on where you are going, who you get to meet, and what you get to do.

It'll be great. You deserve it.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Duane;2020217 said:
If they are like my dates, their first few dates are made in denial as well. Then they snap out of it and leave. :laugh2:

DUANE! Yo bud.

:D

We must have dated the same women.

Duane

Reaction score
Juke99;2020226 said:
DUANE! Yo bud.

:D

We must have dated the same women.

No doubt John. I was wondering why none of them walked straight by the time they got to me. ;)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Duane;2020245 said:
No doubt John. I was wondering why none of them walked straight by the time they got to me. ;)

Well, that's only because they hurt themselves in their haste running from me.

Hey...btw... johndvisconti.com

I finally got the publishing deal.

How's by you?

Duane

Reaction score
Juke99;2020256 said:
Well, that's only because they hurt themselves in their haste running from me.

Hey...btw... johndvisconti.com

I finally got the publishing deal.

How's by you?

Will have to check the site out.

I'm doing good, still in the same place, doing the same stuff. People will always need electricity. :D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Duane;2020281 said:
Will have to check the site out.

I'm doing good, still in the same place, doing the same stuff. People will always need electricity. :D

Not if Al Gore is ever elected president. :D

locked&loaded

Reaction score
I read or sleep. I know my dad gets sick on planes, or used to which would be just awful. I dont seem to think about it, although last time i flew on a plane i experienced the worst turbulence ever. I have probably flown 20 or so times, this one was like dropping on a roller coaster. I awoke to it, people were scared but i was to tired, i fell back to sleep.

jwhardin

Reaction score
I've spent way too much flying. Caught a hop one time from Andrews AFB to Warner Robbins AFB, in a 4 Pass. Jet, with a 4 star ** Gen and his Aide. Best Space A flight I ever had. They use to pay me to jump out of aircraft, less than the guys who stayed in them. I wonder sometimes, when the odds might turn against me, even tho' the only time I fly now is when I'm by myself flying to Texas to see my family. The thing I dislike the most is getting to and from airports, plus when I drive, I come and go when I want.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Juke99;2020304 said:
Not if Al Gore is ever elected president. :D

Juke -please don't say things like that this late-I will probably have nightmares.

I don't mind flying as much as I dislike airports ---I just lean back and close my eyes --just like driving down a bumpy road;)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never minded flying. It was always the lay overs, delays and the airport losing luggage that irked me.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I have been in airplanes, in one way or another for a very long time. I don't mind flying so much as I do traveling. I am in the air a lot these days and it really is a grind IMO. I don't enjoy the traveling at all, to be honest. The longer flights are a bit of a drag and the way airlines pack you in is not comfortable at all. I don't typically fly first class so it can be a pain. It's a part of my job so I accept it and move on. Having said that, the best vacations are ones where I don't have to get on planes to go anywhere. JMO.