So, who hates to fly???

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Juke99;2020188 said:
So basically, being above the clouds allows you to be in denial because you can't see the ground.

Well that's a coping mechanism I can try. Denial is a good tool. I've often used it while dating. :)

I'll bet you've had denial used on you while dating, too...

No, you CAN'T do that... :D

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2026209 said:
You get to go on a guided tour of Texas Stadium. :D
do you have to pay? where can i find out the info for this? will i get locker room access and be able to get a pic next to Dmac's locker?

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Rampage;2026832 said:
OH SWEET! you get to go on the field! thanks man

You'll need to get there early on the Saturday as they'll shut the Stadium down for tours 24hours before kickoff. Its for security checks of the Stadium. I've had various experiences of the Stadium tour. Sometimes you get to visit the locker room, then again sometimes its been missed out. I still get a kick walking out onto the turf. So cool.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Rampage;2026832 said:
OH SWEET! you get to go on the field! thanks man

Arch Stanton;2026872 said:
You'll need to get there early on the Saturday as they'll shut the Stadium down for tours 24hours before kickoff. Its for security checks of the Stadium. I've had various experiences of the Stadium tour. Sometimes you get to visit the locker room, then again sometimes its been missed out. I still get a kick walking out onto the turf. So cool.

Oh yeah getting out on the field was awesome even though the day I went they had a bunch of hot air balloons on it. :(

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2026895 said:
even though the day I went they had a bunch of hot air balloons on it.

I always assumed Parcells' PC's were at Valley Ranch?

Kilyin

Reaction score
I don't like flying for a number of reasons. The main one is the first and only time I have flown, it resulted in excruciating pain when we were landing. It literally felt like my head was going to explode. I was in so much pain I started sweating. I guess my ears just can't take the pressure change. I was told the trick is to hold your nose and blow, but I don't really like the idea of doing that either. I prefer the ground.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2027462 said:
True but when I went on it Gailey was the coach.

Did he tell the story about how he and his "Paw-Paw" were cane-poling down by the old "crick", and Paw-Paw caught a crawdad in his brand new, store-bought sailor hat?

:p:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;2027494 said:
Did he tell the story about how he and his "Paw-Paw" were cane-poling down by the old "crick", and Paw-Paw caught a crawdad in his brand new, store-bought sailor hat?

:p:

No but he was whistling a familiar tune :laugh2:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate flying and I hate heights.

Go figure, when I went through college I worked as a roofer during the summer and it didn't bother me a bit.

Gettin' old............

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Juke99;2020177 said:
A while ago I made the mistake of being on a plane and thinking of how a plane looks flying WAY up in the sky when you're looking from the ground...and then realized, that's how I looked to people on the ground at that moment.
I was on a plane from Tokyo to Hong Kong last year, and Japan Airlines had the coolest thing. They had cameras mounted on the bottom of the plane, and you could see the downward view from your seat monitor if you chose.

I'm pretty sure if you saw that Juke, you'd never fly again. :)