Some Dallas fans are delusional about Dak

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'll keep it short..... No quarterback is putting up big numbers except New Orleans. Pretty much all games minus Dallas and one or two more. The teams' defenses are keeping the scores in the teens to low 20's. Thus giving their offense and quarterback a chance to win it in the end. Yet "some" Dallas fans expect Dak to go out and put up 35 or more points a game. Mahomes - Burrow or Allen isn't doing it. All I ask is for our defense to keep the score in the low 20's or no more then 25 to give Dak and our offense a chance. They do that we'll be ok and win most of our games. They don't? Dak won't matter nor any other quarterback in the NFL....FACT!!!!! Just ask Atlanta how they won.....

Last edited:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Atlanta won by not turning over the ball and playing basic, hard nosed football. They ran the ball (which, I’ll give, we are absolutely abhorrent at), kept their opponents scoring to a minimum for the most part, and didn’t turn the ball over. And they barely won at that. They won because Saquon has butter fingers.

Dak…threw how many interceptions? Fumbled the ball too, right? 3 turnovers from a single player. I know one technically wasn’t his fault, but that leaves him with 2 turnovers overall.

No one is expecting Dak to throw 400 yards, 35+ points every game. But considering his contract and vet status, we are asking that IN SITUATIONS that call for it, such as the one against NO last Sunday, that he learns to STEP UP and prove that he can stitch the hems. His response to NO was nothing short of pathetic and inexcusable. He had the opportunity to lead his team and score after every drive and he failed to do so (and no—I’m not counting those pitiful field goals. Love Aubrey, he’s our best player right now, but when the other team keeps scoring 7 and you keep settling for 3, there’s deep problems with the offense that need to be addressed). I’d be more forgiving if it was a close loss and Dak actually tried but he didn’t. It was a blowout. And not just a regular blowout but one extremely similar to the loss we had against GB in the playoffs which indicates he did not learn, he did not evolve, and he certainly did not care enough to grow from his past shortcomings, which is the same story every year with him, which is why so many fans have grown sick of him and his failures.

bewp7

Reaction score
well if u have zero standard and scoring any pts is too hard for dak then why pay him $60,000,000 a year

u can get a qb for vet min or a rookie deal to put up garbage number if that is the standard or expectation

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
well if u have zero standard and scoring any pts is too hard for dak then why pay him $60,000,000 a year

u can get a qb for vet min or a rookie deal to put up garbage number if that is the standard or expectation
That’s not the expectation.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I'll keep it short..... No quarterback is putting up big numbers except New Orleans. Pretty much all games minus Dallas and one or two more. The teams' defenses are keeping the scores in the teens to low 20's. Thus giving their offense and quarterback a chance to win it in the end. Yet "some" Dallas fans expect Dak to go out and put up 35 or more points a game. Mahomes - Burrow or Allen isn't doing it. All I ask is for our defense to keep the score in the low 20's or no more then 25 to give Dak and our offense a chance. They do that we'll be ok and win most of our games. They don't? Dak won't matter nor any other quarterback in the NFL....FACT!!!!! Just ask Atlanta how they won.....
Our offense wasn’t impressive Sunday, but it was adequate and probably good enough through the first half to win most games. 16 points and getting the ball to start the third would’ve been great if we hadn’t been boat raced by NO in the first half. After that, the entire week’s prep and game plan was in the garbage and 99% of teams aren’t overcoming that defensive disaster. As for Dak, he had some misfires, his one int wasn’t his fault, but overall he was….adequate.

As for ’35 points per game’, the win rate for offenses scoring 28+ is over 80%, so I’m hoping to put up 28+ every game. Sure would help if we had a run game, but we don’t, rendering one of the most effective weapons - play action - much less effective. It will put more pressure on Dak, but it is what it is at this point.

Reactions: CWR

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, let’s talk about the QB for the 10,000,000th time. Yes he played poorly yesterday. Blah, blah, blah. Yeah Dak sucks, blah, blah, blah. I’m not going to say one word in his defense. He doesn’t deserve it.
But come on man, The biggest problem the Dallas Cowboys have is the guy who owns and plays like he’s a real NFL GM along with his nepotism happy offspring that would not be hired to sell hot dogs by any other serious NFL franchise.

And I GUARANTEE you the Jones family LOVE to see fans hating on the QB, HC, DC, OC, WR, DE, etc, etc. Because then it takes all the responsibility they have in creating this putrid culture. away from them.

Hey if blaming the QB for everything makes you feel better, fine. He deserves some heat for sure. But he won’t be here forever. The guys who are running this thing WILL.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
just expect him to win 2 playoff games in 1 year thats all

BHendri5

Reaction score
Fact!!! heck double and triple FACT!!!!, we may have the most unknowledgeable fan base, certainly the most irritating when it comes to our own team, in my opinion. But really I don't know that because I don't know what the other fan bases are saying not anymore, I use to know what the Commanders fan base were saying when I was stationed there years ago.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Atlanta won by not turning over the ball and playing basic, hard nosed football. They ran the ball (which, I’ll give, we are absolutely abhorrent at), kept their opponents scoring to a minimum for the most part, and didn’t turn the ball over. And they barely won at that. They won because Saquon has butter fingers.

Dak…threw how many interceptions? Fumbled the ball too, right? 3 turnovers from a single player. I know one technically wasn’t his fault, but that leaves him with 2 turnovers overall.

No one is expecting Dak to throw 400 yards, 35+ points every game. But considering his contract and vet status, we are asking that IN SITUATIONS that call for it, such as the one against NO last Sunday, that he learns to STEP UP and prove that he can stitch the hems. His response to NO was nothing short of pathetic and inexcusable. He had the opportunity to lead his team and score after every drive and he failed to do so (and no—I’m not counting those pitiful field goals. Love Aubrey, he’s our best player right now, but when the other team keeps scoring 7 and you keep settling for 3, there’s deep problems with the offense that need to be addressed). I’d be more forgiving if it was a close loss and Dak actually tried but he didn’t. It was a blowout. And not just a regular blowout but one extremely similar to the loss we had against GB in the playoffs which indicates he did not learn, he did not evolve, and he certainly did not care enough to grow from his past shortcomings, which is the same story every year with him, which is why so many fans have grown sick of him and his failures.
If you watched the game, he only had 1 turnover. So you obviously either didn’t watch the game or you have a hate agenda.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Yeah, let’s talk about the QB for the 10,000,000th time. Yes he played poorly yesterday. Blah, blah, blah. Yeah Dak sucks, blah, blah, blah. I’m not going to say one word in his defense. He doesn’t deserve it.
But come on man, The biggest problem the Dallas Cowboys have is the guy who owns and plays like he’s a real NFL GM along with his nepotism happy offspring that would not be hired to sell hot dogs by any other serious NFL franchise.

And I GUARANTEE you the Jones family LOVE to see fans hating on the QB, HC, DC, OC, WR, DE, etc, etc. Because then it takes all the responsibility they have in creating this putrid culture. away from them.

Hey if blaming the QB for everything makes you feel better, fine. He deserves some heat for sure. But he won’t be here forever. The guys who are running this thing WILL.
Dak didn’t play poorly on Sunday. His play had nothing to do with our loss.

The tired ‘Jerry isn’t a real GAme ’ take is not only old, it’s nonsense. Not going into it again. He’s fine as the game and has surrounded himself with strong people, with McClay being the polished stone of the group.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Defense is bad, so you force the ball, generates interceptions. I agree with that.

But also, he is paid to be better than that, he got a descent Oline, recently payed star WR. Dak is mediocre at best. Like I said before in this board. Jerry paid him just to keep everyone hope of making it to playoffs and maybe maybe win a game then get destroyed by a good team.

If you are ok with that, then, yeah you deserve Jerry and Dak Prescott. They love you guys looping your feelings.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Dak, but let's be honest he has a part in this failure as well. To blame one side of the ball or the other is crazy to me. It's a team sport, but I think we lost the season when the front office decided to sit pat during free agency.
No he doesn’t, not against the Saints. Are you fricken blind? Did you see the Saints score on every damn drive? Kamara in fact just scored another touchdown and you have the audacity to expose yourself like this blaming in on the QB?

IMG-0513.gif

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Dak didn’t play poorly on Sunday. His play had nothing to do with our loss.

The tired ‘Jerry isn’t a real GAme ’ take is not only old, it’s nonsense. Not going into it again. He’s fine as the game and has surrounded himself with strong people, with McClay being the polished stone of the group.
Have no problem with your first sentence.. he didnt help much.. but the loss was not on him.

However.. JJ not being a real GM is nonsense??.. and he surrounds himself with strong people??

Its the opposite.. he surrounds himself with weak people so he can run all over them.. and he is a terrible GM.. he doesnt have to get better because there is no accountability.. what happens if he has a bad offseason?.. absolutely nothing.

Im sure Im not the only fan hoping he gets it right this season.. but three decades tells me.. probably not.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
It’s the whole organization.
So Dak ain't part of it?

For the gazillionth time, nobody's putting all the blame on him. But he is among the suckers.

He is not the lone fighter when everyone else has fallen. He does not keep us in the race when some wheels (defense) have fallen off. He goes as far as the team goes when it should be the other way round in such devastating games. He is the classical bus driver. And that's been the critique which has been proven time and time again.

As I said, the last time Dak has shown the qualities mentioned above was the loss in the season opener against Tampa Bay in 21. That loss and how Dak kept us in the game was more inspiring than the 40-0 beat down of the Giants last year. And that was the last time I saw him as the leader so many here still think he is.

CWR

Reaction score
I like Dak, but let's be honest he has a part in this failure as well. To blame one side of the ball or the other is crazy to me. It's a team sport, but I think we lost the season when the front office decided to sit pat during free agency.
Hes guilty of not doing enough to win period, as with every loss we take.

He played very well and kept us in an unmanageable game until Brooks slipped. He did that without much of a running compliment either. I put that on our coaches as well as a tough Saints defense. I believe Rico would've made some actual progress had we fed him. The rotation is infantile.

After the Brooks pic Dak was done. He had to force it and take chances he wouldn't have otherwise. There was no game manager to it. It was be Mahomes or lose. He's not Mahomes.