Some Dallas fans are delusional about Dak

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Some Dallas fans are like Jerry and corporate America. Jerry is way more worried the Next Generation and I'm not talking Star Trek here. I'm talking the next generation of Joneses. Jerry could careless about the Dallas Cowboys. For him it's the gift that keeps on giving to his pocket. Dak has earned his money! If Super Bowl winning was the goal for paying a q.b. No quarterback not named Mahomes or Brady would be getting paid now. Our offense had the ball for 1 possession in the 3rd quarter. Dak's looking from the sidelines as were we from the couch. Again, Dak can play better. But so can the whole team. They getting PAID great money also.. Micah on his podcast whining how hard it is to prepare for games. How much time. I get it...But how much prep time does it take to play hard????? That's all most fans ask. Play hard. We don't want to hear- we just didn't show up. You making millions and you just didn't show up? In what other job does that work in real life???? back to Dak. he needs to play better but so does the whole team. Every starter is a millionaire-so why am I only hearing Dak??? Get real or continue to lose!!

khiladi

Reaction score
The defense was awful, but Dak has been off since about midway through last season. Paying him 240m will only handcuff the defense further in the next few years.
He was off to start the season too. They got destroyed by the 49ers and made changes in the bye. A lot of the “off” probably had to do with teams deciphering the changes made in the bye as well as simply playing better defenses.

Dak as usual went into the playoffs beating up on a horrible Commanders defense and he clearly had no problems throwing against the Packers 2nd string prevent defense….

Jipper

Reaction score
Lowest pff ranked offensive starter…tells you all you need to know

khiladi

Reaction score
I mean I read it here that when Rush was winning all Dallas needed to do when Dak comes back is run the same offense and play-calling.

Now it’s a completely different excuse.

“We need speed at WR and Lamb doesn’t get open by speed.”

I thought that’s what Cooks brings? Stretching the field.. and Amari apparently didn’t have speed now?

So Trey Lance doesn’t get afforded that excuse?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
The defense was awful, but Dak has been off since about midway through last season. Paying him 240m will only handcuff the defense further in the next few years.
jerry is the handcuffs. Dallas has plenty of money to go out and sign help. But some of you wanna believe corporate Jerry that the team is broke. Lies...just like when you in real life want a raise. The company plays broke..... Research it yourself. Dallas has ways to get to 40 million in cap space easily. Jerry just doesn't want to do it.....All I'm hearing is dak-Dak-Dak...We aint won squat in 30 years...And all you can say is Dak...Really???? You can't be serious about winning....

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Lowest pff ranked offensive starter…tells you all you need to know
After 2 games...you going here:facepalm: Two games without playing a down in preseason....Way to go, McCarthy:facepalm: And I'd guarantee Dak isn't the lowest ranked...

Creeper

Reaction score
your 1st statement is 100% correct, the real is its been almost 3 decades 1k's of players 100's of coaches....how much more proof do people need that this FO has no idea how to build a winning team..."Welp the GM isn't going anywhere lets blame the QB...again..."

Honestly though Dak does deserve it now, he could have left and chose to stay with this FO...well here is your prize...
My point is, if you look at the Cowboys roster on both sides of the football you can see the glaring weaknesses tell you that this team is not very good this year. The lack of skill position players alone say everything. I am actually surprised the Cowboys score any points.

Nav22

Reaction score
Atlanta won by not turning over the ball and playing basic, hard nosed football. They ran the ball (which, I’ll give, we are absolutely abhorrent at), kept their opponents scoring to a minimum for the most part, and didn’t turn the ball over. And they barely won at that. They won because Saquon has butter fingers.

Dak…threw how many interceptions? Fumbled the ball too, right? 3 turnovers from a single player. I know one technically wasn’t his fault, but that leaves him with 2 turnovers overall.

No one is expecting Dak to throw 400 yards, 35+ points every game. But considering his contract and vet status, we are asking that IN SITUATIONS that call for it, such as the one against NO last Sunday, that he learns to STEP UP and prove that he can stitch the hems. His response to NO was nothing short of pathetic and inexcusable. He had the opportunity to lead his team and score after every drive and he failed to do so (and no—I’m not counting those pitiful field goals. Love Aubrey, he’s our best player right now, but when the other team keeps scoring 7 and you keep settling for 3, there’s deep problems with the offense that need to be addressed). I’d be more forgiving if it was a close loss and Dak actually tried but he didn’t. It was a blowout. And not just a regular blowout but one extremely similar to the loss we had against GB in the playoffs which indicates he did not learn, he did not evolve, and he certainly did not care enough to grow from his past shortcomings, which is the same story every year with him, which is why so many fans have grown sick of him and his failures.
Did you watch the game? What 3 turnovers?

Dak had 2 INTs (1 not his fault) and didn't lose a fumble. Stop making crap up.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I mean I read it here that when Rush was winning all Dallas needed to do when Dak comes back is run the same offense and play-calling.

Now it’s a completely different excuse.

“We need speed at WR and Lamb doesn’t get open by speed.”

I thought that’s what Cooks brings? Stretching the field.. and Amari apparently didn’t have speed now?

So Trey Lance doesn’t get afforded that excuse?
Great read....what happened to the Texas west offense?? Short passes like New Orleans was doing????? That's what makes me mad in all this Dak crap. McCarthy isn't even mentioned. People acting like Dak is drawing up these plays. Dak plays great from 20 to 20. But once in the redzone-ole McCarthy goes conservative...That's on Dak also:facepalm: It's plenty of room for blame here including Dak. But he has plenty of accomplishers....

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Did you watch the game? What 3 turnovers?

Dak had 2 INTs (1 not his fault) and didn't lose a fumble. Stop making crap up.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Those 3 turn overs could of been 3 td's and we still lose...So much for accusations..

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
well if u have zero standard and scoring any pts is too hard for dak then why pay him $60,000,000 a year

u can get a qb for vet min or a rookie deal to put up garbage number if that is the standard or expectation
blinders on this organization yet here we are still killing it again this year

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
My point is, if you look at the Cowboys roster on both sides of the football you can see the glaring weaknesses tell you that this team is not very good this year. The lack of skill position players alone say everything. I am actually surprised the Cowboys score any points.
Great read .....We have one good wide receiver-one good tight end.. No talent at the running back spot and a play caller on a massage table. I mean come on guys. It's all Dak??? That is what you're worried about????:facepalm::rolleyes: He"s one problem among many.....

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
When Dak is finally gone, this will be his legacy. His fans making excuses and blaming everyone else for his lack of ability. It really is that simple.

Sure there are other issues with this team, organization, ownership but when it comes to Dak, he's just never been a naturally talented player. You can cover that up sometimes but it is always the core reason he falters so often.
He'll join the Romo fans and all the other quarterbacks not named Staubach or Aikman... At least they can throw one hell of a loser party:laugh:Dak still has time to get out that group and that's what I'm hoping for. As all "real" Cowboy fans should be hoping...

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It amazes me how so few seem to understand that multiple things can be true.

The defense sucked and is mostly responsible for the loss. True.

Dak and the offense did very little to offset the defensive struggles. True

Every aspect of the team is open to be critiqued regardless of which aspect holds the lions share of blame. True.

Criticizing Dak for the job he did is not necessarily putting the responsibility for the loss on him. True.

Using the "well the defense sucked" excuse, no matter how true, to absolve other aspects of the team which also didn't play well is a weak defense. Agenda driven and based on emotion. True

Those that regularly trot out this weak, agenda driven defense are often the same fans who throw up some version of "you don't know football". Ironic and True.

Overcoming that horrible defense to get a win would have taken a herculean effort by Dak. An effort that really can't be expected of a QB. True.

Expecting to at least go down with a fight is a very reasonable expectation. True

Hate that, lovers.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll keep it short..... No quarterback is putting up big numbers except New Orleans. Pretty much all games minus Dallas and one or two more. The teams' defenses are keeping the scores in the teens to low 20's. Thus giving their offense and quarterback a chance to win it in the end. Yet "some" Dallas fans expect Dak to go out and put up 35 or more points a game. Mahomes - Burrow or Allen isn't doing it. All I ask is for our defense to keep the score in the low 20's or no more then 25 to give Dak and our offense a chance. They do that we'll be ok and win most of our games. They don't? Dak won't matter nor any other quarterback in the NFL....FACT!!!!! Just ask Atlanta how they won.....

Here's my issue with this whole Dak debate on this board.

The Dak fans want other Dallas fans to show Dak respect, to understand that he's a upper level QB in the league, that he's a winner, etc. And they lose their minds when they feel people are just hating on him or criticizing him too unfairly.

Yet, these same people don't then hold Dak to the same standards that elite QBs are held to. Here's an example. In that game, there was that play near the Saints endzone, where Dak bootlegs to the right, Elliott is wide open in the flat and Dak short hops him because a DE is about to clean his clock. The Dak fans clearly pointed out that you can't blame Dak there because of the DE about to hit him.

Except, other elite/great QBs likely make that pass. So you can't have it both ways. You can't lament that people don't show Dak the respect that other great QBs in this league get and then turn around and make excuses for him when someone tries to hold him to or criticize him for not making a play that you should expect your great QB to make (and others likely would make more often than not).

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'll keep it short..... No quarterback is putting up big numbers except New Orleans. Pretty much all games minus Dallas and one or two more. The teams' defenses are keeping the scores in the teens to low 20's. Thus giving their offense and quarterback a chance to win it in the end. Yet "some" Dallas fans expect Dak to go out and put up 35 or more points a game. Mahomes - Burrow or Allen isn't doing it. All I ask is for our defense to keep the score in the low 20's or no more then 25 to give Dak and our offense a chance. They do that we'll be ok and win most of our games. They don't? Dak won't matter nor any other quarterback in the NFL....FACT!!!!! Just ask Atlanta how they won.....
Spot on! :hammer:

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It amazes me how so few seem to understand that multiple things can be true.

The defense sucked and is mostly responsible for the loss. True.

Dak and the offense did very little to offset the defensive struggles. True

Every aspect of the team is open to be critiqued regardless of which aspect holds the lions share of blame. True.

Criticizing Dak for the job he did is not necessarily putting the responsibility for the loss on him. True.

Using the "well the defense sucked" excuse, no matter how true, to absolve other aspects of the team which also didn't play well is a weak defense. Agenda driven and based on emotion. True

Those that regularly trot out this weak, agenda driven defense are often the same fans who throw up some version of "you don't know football". Ironic and True.

Overcoming that horrible defense to get a win would have taken a herculean effort by Dak. An effort that really can't be expected of a QB. True.

Expecting to at least go down with a fight is a very reasonable expectation. True

Hate that, lovers.
Well said.

Steve007

Reaction score
The problem is Dak and the rest of the Team chokes under pressure. They used up a lot of cap on 2 (going to be 3 players) who don't play well under pressure. Delusional is thinking team can get to the Super Bowl.