Some fans here rooting for a loss?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That speaks more to your lack of confidence in Dak than those that criticize him.

We all want Dak to step up and play really well in this huge game. That would ease a lot of honest doubt.
Dak has. He’s 32-16 they won the NFC East and took his team to the playoffs. What team have you been watching?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Nothing new. A lot of fans on here have been rooting for failure and losses so they can spew their agenda against Dak a lot easier. But us winning 7 of our last 8 made that hard for them to do that. So they are very anxious to pounce. Like an animal that hasn't had a meal in a long time.

Agenda against Dak.... I am not sure what agendas people would have other than they don't like him as a QB. If that is an agenda, then so be it. I hope he will prove me wrong - some people don't like to eat crow. Even if he wins the Super Bowl it does not mean that criticisms of his individual play at times are wrong. It just means that he overcame, along with the team, his weaknesses and we won. Maybe throughout the playoffs he will not show those weaknesses and have a playoff run like Aikman or Eli. Just as in Eli's case, it does not mean those weaknesses are not there, it just means at the opportune time he played his A game.

In the grand scheme of things, if you can get to the playoffs and then play your best, with the team playing well, then you will be considered elite. Eli has 2 rings to show for that occurrence of events. If Dak does that then great for him and the team and us fans.

All that said, when we were 3-5, I was on board for us losing and getting an early pick and getting rid of Dak, Garret and Linehan. I was done with all of them and him after starting the season on the fence with him. He pulled it together and played well in enough stretches to win games. I know he can play well enough to beat all of these teams in the playoffs. I have seen him do it in parts of a game. Absent a great D, he is going to have to put some complete games together here in the playoffs!

Verdict

Reaction score
We need Garrett outta here, but i won't root for a loss on any playoff game . (wildcard or not).

I've read posters write (myself included) that Carroll has a much much better post season record, and that he is a real HC; so the odds are on the Seahawks favor. Also the national media says Garrett is one of the worst HCs in the NFL (i.e. ESPN's Stepehen A. Smith) ...:espn:
That's one thing ...

But for posters to root for a loss, i've not read that yet .

It's pretty evident really.

Verdict

Reaction score
I kinda doubt anybody is rooting for a loss in the playoffs.

Regular season, depending on the situation, I can understand. But I think it's a reach to find anyone on this board wanting the Cowboys to lose tomorrow

You can tell that the Dez Fan Bois want to see Dak have a poor game and for us to lose because they can't stand to see the Cowboys succeed without Dez.

You can tell that the Dak haters want for us to lose so that they can continue to lobby for us to move on from Dak.

You can tell that the Garrett haters want us to lose so that we will move on from Garrett.

You can tell that the people who enjoy drinking their own urine want for us to lose so that they can continue to complain about 25 plus years of mediocrity that they secretly want to continue. Maybe because they hate Jerry, or are just miserable saps.

Some just want us to lose so that they can be validated in saying I told you so, we suck!

They aren't hard to ferret out. Personally I wish those clowns would find another team to root for.

The people who reply negatively to this particular post will be indicating that they fall into this class of clowns. Get ready. Here they come! Kaw! Kaw! Kaw! (Crow call)

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
If there's any Cowboys fan who actually wants our team to lose, let him say so right here in this thread. If nobody says so, just drop it. I don't believe anyone wants to lose a playoff game.
I WANNA WIN!
tenor.gif

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
How illogical can a person be? If we win a SB so be it? I mean, if we win a super bowl there should be partying in the streets. And you and your kind will have been proven wrong.

And, you should be coming back on your hands and knees begging to come back after being a traitor.
We would win in spite of our head coach, not because of him. I'd celebrate the win, not him staying, is what I'm saying. You can want to win, and still not like the head coach. Not an either/or situation.

Me and my kind? Lol way to assume a lot when I literally said I'd never root for a loss.

Someone needs a nap.

Blackrain

Reaction score
You can tell that the Dez Fan Bois want to see Dak have a poor game and for us to lose because they can't stand to see the Cowboys succeed without Dez.

You can tell that the Dak haters want for us to lose so that they can continue to lobby for us to move on from Dak.

You can tell that the Garrett haters want us to lose so that we will move on from Garrett.

You can tell that the people who enjoy drinking their own urine want for us to lose so that they can continue to complain about 25 plus years of mediocrity that they secretly want to continue. Maybe because they hate Jerry, or are just miserable saps.

Some just want us to lose so that they can be validated in saying I told you so, we suck!

They aren't hard to ferret out. Personally I wish those clowns would find another team to root for.

The people who reply negatively to this particular post will be indicating that they fall into this class of clowns. Get ready. Here they come! Kaw! Kaw! Kaw! (Crow call)

Great Post Brother , But I have to add The Butt Hurt Romos LOLOL who hold Dak entirely responsible for ruining the end of there heros career even though he was just doing his job . This group dose in no way want Dak to eclipse anything Tony has done and going deep into the playoffs or SB would take Dak to a place Tony never got to .

Cant wait to see Dak have a great game and a whole new batch of excuses emerge after the factions mentioned above . Its a real hoot some are so vested in there previous negative predictions they cant just say . I WAS WRONG Dak Has done one heck of a job getting us here Im onboard . They have to take it to the bitter negative end and confirm how foolish they have been. LOLOL

ShiningStar

Reaction score
And hire who? A Ben McAdoo of the coaching world?

at this point i dont care who, we know what we have in Garrett, how many times does he have to punch you before you understand its a fight? Garrett it not going to do it , coaching replacement or talent wise, he keeps proving it.

droopdog7

Reaction score
We would win in spite of our head coach, not because of him. I'd celebrate the win, not him staying, is what I'm saying. You can want to win, and still not like the head coach. Not an either/or situation.

Me and my kind? Lol way to assume a lot when I literally said I'd never root for a loss.

Someone needs a nap.
It’s this kind of irrational thinking that makes it difficult to have reasonable discussions. The idea that one could say we would win in spite of the coach is simply a non starter. So you want to give Garrett blame, but can’t even bring yourself to give credit? How does one compete with that? It’s an irrational perspective.

Some people acting like Garrett is coaching UCLA basketball in the 60s and 70s when in reality, he has about as much talent as most other coaches and a QB that is limited. We are not miles ahead of other teams in terms of talent.

As far as winning and not liking the HC, okay. But how many folks think they can root for the team but against the coach? Can you do it? In theory, I guess. But all it says is that you’re not a team player.

Now I know that fans don’t really impact the outcome, and are not actually part of the team. But when you are part of the team, you are either with or against. And when you’re not all in, you’re against. Simple.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Well you’ve been reported for saying it twice.

Wait is politics a bad word? I thought political discussion was banned. Politics or a derivative of politics as a word should be fine. Like saying that Tom Brady plays the political game well to have all those calls go his way. You can say Antonio Brown is apolitical because he absolutely does not care what anyone thinks. You can also say those pink socks and wrist bands are an example of political correctness run amuck.

Stuff like that is fine, no?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Wait is politics a bad word? I thought political discussion was banned. Politics or a derivative of politics as a word should be fine. Like saying that Tom Brady plays the political game well to have all those calls go his way. You can say Antonio Brown is apolitical because he absolutely does not care what anyone thinks. You can also say those pink socks and wrist bands are an example of political correctness run amuck.

Stuff like that is fine, no?
Ok Snowflake.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know that we have a contingent of "fans" that call for a loss each week, and complain about each win. I know that you are upset with the playoff win; maybe you can have your wish next week. Smith, Sharpe, and Kellerman are all using psuedonyms to spread stupidity amongst the ranks, but we know who you are.