Some fans here rooting for a loss?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Well I'm in deeper than Pete Carrol with the wrong play at the goalline in the SB.
Carroll did it twice and both times it was for a Championship.

The 2006 national title game featured Texas and Carroll coached USC. Despite holding a two score lead entering the fourth quarter of the national title game like Seattle did entering the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl. The Trojans lost their lead.

That game too featured a controversial call by Carroll near the end of the game keeping then Reggie Bush on the bench for a fourth and two call. USC ultimately failed to convert, and Vince Young marched the Longhorns down the field on the following drive for the team's fourth national championship in history.

It's a moment remembered fondly by Texas fans. But for Carroll, it's the kind of crushing defeat most only experience once, until Seattle's Super Bowl loss that is.

He lost 2 championships by not using the best RB's in both college and NFL teams he coached.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You never root for a loss period. Only losers do that.

I do have to admit, one time I rooted for a loss was at the end of the 1988 season. We needed to lose and the Packers needed to win.

And that happened. We got Troy. Aikman they got Tony Mandrich.

However, I was living in South Florida at the time, the game was not on TV. If it was, I probably would have rooted for the win. But would been happy woth a loss. Didn’t see the game score until it was over. So therefore was happy.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I want linehan gone more than Garrett at this point, although i do want both gone.

But i'd never root for a playoff game loss for that to happen. If a super bowl means keeping both, so be it.

If we do lose, i do hope its a blowout that gets some people (moore, linehan) fired, though.

I'm not a Garrett fan. But I think this team has the talent to win in spite of him.

I also think he has developed as a coach after over a decade, so if there was a time to give him a chance as a fan now is the time .

Last edited:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
We need Garrett outta here, but i won't root for a loss on any playoff game . (wildcard or not).

I've read posters write (myself included) that Carroll has a much much better post season record, and that he is a real HC; so the odds are on the Seahawks favor. Also the national media says Garrett is one of the worst HCs in the NFL (i.e. ESPN's Stepehen A. Smith) ...:espn:
That's one thing ...

But for posters to root for a loss, i've not read that yet .

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
What I do think is that :

This team needs to overcome Garrett to win on Saturday .

Go 'Boys !!!!

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I want linehan gone more than Garrett at this point, although i do want both gone.

But i'd never root for a playoff game loss for that to happen. If a super bowl means keeping both, so be it.

If we do lose, i do hope its a blowout that gets some people (moore, linehan) fired, though.

these are my thoughts exactly. To expand a little bit, i want either a superbowl win or a blowout first round exit IF it would lead to organizational changes. Not a fan of garrett or linehan and feel the only potential way both are gone is if we get destroyed tomorrow. With that being said, i'd absolutely prefer a SB win...you can make kellen moore the head coach for 2019 if we win the SB and i wouldn't care.....(i reserve the right to change my mind on that lol)

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
It's amazing to me that some posters here will be rooting for a cowboys loss tomorrow (either secretly or expressly). I don't get how anyone who falls into that category is a real Cowboys fan when you know Jason Garrett isn't going anywhere.
Maybe their "rooting for a loss" because Dallas does better as the Underdogs? I know I'm certainly rooting for people to choose against us when picking who they think is going to win because we almost ALWAYS do better when Dallas is undermined. The Colts game is a prime example of us and others choosing Dallas to win and them blowing it. The Saints game is a perfect example of everyone choosing against Dallas and us beating all "odds" and chances and winning.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
Well they are already in my "ignore list" but I see that they are still around now that the "Show Ignored Content" remark appears at the bottom of the page.

Thankfully they are now invisible to me just as they would be to everybody after a playoff win.

renny

Reaction score
It's amazing to me that some posters here will be rooting for a cowboys loss tomorrow (either secretly or expressly). I don't get how anyone who falls into that category is a real Cowboys fan when you know Jason Garrett isn't going anywhere.
That includes those waiting and hoping for Prescott to fail also. How could you root for the team to win and hope the QB fail at the same time!

Bigdog

Reaction score
Well as they said in the movie Major League, Screw it . Let’s win the whole freaking thing.

Edit: it is a family site so I can’t use the actual words.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I kinda doubt anybody is rooting for a loss in the playoffs.

Regular season, depending on the situation, I can understand. But I think it's a reach to find anyone on this board wanting the Cowboys to lose tomorrow

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I can understand wanting to get rid of the coaching/QB/ownership/some combination of the three but no loss in the playoffs is going to accomplish that now. Heck, you might even win a Super Bowl by accident which is why you want wholesale changes in the first place.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well as they said in the movie Major League, Screw it . Let’s win the whole freaking thing.

Edit: it is a family site so I can’t use the actual words.
Romo already tried to do that and failed miserably lol. You better not jinx us!

RodeoJake

Reaction score

I'm not a Garrett fan, but I want to win. If we make it to the conference championship, I'll give Garrett credit, despite it taking him much longer than it should have. As for Dak, he's got plenty of warts, but he wins.