Some fans here rooting for a loss?

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
I don't agree with certain aspects of where this team is going, mainly with the position behind the center. But root against my Cowboys? Never! Despite thinking Dak is not the future for this team, I will be yelling my azzzzz off at him to have a playoff run I do not anticipate he is capable of. You never root against the Cowboys. You can be critical, that is fine, but actually hope for a loss? You're not a true fan if you go that far.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Just because someone cheers for winning like a normal person, doesn’t mean they’re oblivious. Just because a fan isn’t consistently negative, doesn’t mean he/she is clueless about football.

The Eeyores expect to dish whatever while normal fans stay silent? Right.

Right.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Nothing new. A lot of fans on here have been rooting for failure and losses so they can spew their agenda against Dak a lot easier. But us winning 7 of our last 8 made that hard for them to do that. So they are very anxious to pounce. Like an animal that hasn't had a meal in a long time.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
There’s a husband and wife cowboys fan tandem here at work and they despise Prescott.

They went so far as to taunt me about the cowboys losing after the colts game.

I bet the ending of the vagiants game this past weekend made them sick.

erod

Reaction score
It's amazing to me that some posters here will be rooting for a cowboys loss tomorrow (either secretly or expressly). I don't get how anyone who falls into that category is a real Cowboys fan when you know Jason Garrett isn't going anywhere.

Of course not. It's not in a fan's DNA. Who wants to wait another year for this chance, especially since the same team hasn't won this division two years in a row in forever.

I will say this. If they're going to lose, I hope it's of the embarrassing variety. It's the only chance at getting Garrett out of here.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It is ok to wish for a Garrett firing and a playoff win. It really is. I want a win, especially to shut the Dak haters up. I want Garrett to be gone because this roster is too good to have that loser underachieve every year.

erod

Reaction score
Nothing new. A lot of fans on here have been rooting for failure and losses so they can spew their agenda against Dak a lot easier. But us winning 7 of our last 8 made that hard for them to do that. So they are very anxious to pounce. Like an animal that hasn't had a meal in a long time.
That speaks more to your lack of confidence in Dak than those that criticize him.

We all want Dak to step up and play really well in this huge game. That would ease a lot of honest doubt.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I don't click every thread but I don't remember anyone hoping the Cowboys would lose.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I think everyone wants to win, I think those few absolutely hate and blame Garrett/Jones/Linehan for such a long playoff drought. I don't blame them.

But it's just as not healthy to point fingers or create call-out thread however, just win and see what happens. I don't understand this "calling-out" habit we have here.

Bingo. Post of 2019. I have scaled back my forum time because of this. I tried to post a video from the road a few weeks ago. For whatever reason the link was not working. I was in an airport with so/so service so maybe that played a role. I got completely skewered by some computer commandos. Lot of jerks on this forum.

droopdog7

Reaction score
I want linehan gone more than Garrett at this point, although i do want both gone.

But i'd never root for a playoff game loss for that to happen. If a super bowl means keeping both, so be it.

If we do lose, i do hope its a blowout that gets some people (moore, linehan) fired, though.
How illogical can a person be? If we win a SB so be it? I mean, if we win a super bowl there should be partying in the streets. And you and your kind will have been proven wrong.

And, you should be coming back on your hands and knees begging to come back after being a traitor.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Bingo. Post of 2019. I have scaled back my forum time because of this. I tried to post a video from the road a few weeks ago. For whatever reason the link was not working. I was in an airport with so/so service so maybe that played a roll. I got completely skewered by some computer commandos. Lot of jerks on this forum.

Yeah... "true fans" fans since the beginning of time, back when Landry was a child. lol

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Carroll did it twice and both times it was for a Championship.

The 2006 national title game featured Texas and Carroll coached USC. Despite holding a two score lead entering the fourth quarter of the national title game like Seattle did entering the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl. The Trojans lost their lead.

That game too featured a controversial call by Carroll near the end of the game keeping then Reggie Bush on the bench for a fourth and two call. USC ultimately failed to convert, and Vince Young marched the Longhorns down the field on the following drive for the team's fourth national championship in history.

It's a moment remembered fondly by Texas fans. But for Carroll, it's the kind of crushing defeat most only experience once, until Seattle's Super Bowl loss that is.

He lost 2 championships by not using the best RB's in both college and NFL teams he coached.

You kinda wonder what the hell was carrols angle with those boneheaded moves.

Can you him coaching the cowboys and doing that with Zeke in that situation.....oh wait....our coaches SO do the exact samething and I'd bet they'd too would pull a stunt like that if it comes down to it.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I think everyone wants to win, I think those few absolutely hate and blame Garrett/Jones/Linehan for such a long playoff drought. I don't blame them.

But it's just as not healthy to point fingers or create call-out thread however, just win and see what happens. I don't understand this "calling-out" habit we have here.

Best post I've read in awhile. And others outright telling someone that they are one of the people rooting for a loss? Some folks just can't help themselves.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Particularly when it’s not clear who is being called out,. I don’t think I’ve seen a single post indicating that a Cowboys fan is hoping for a loss.

That's cause the mod are deleting these call out threads. You will see them for a few seconds after games. Which I'm glad they do.