Some missing posters

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

There are some old time great posters than haven’t been around in a long time. Given the team’s success I would haven thought some cameos were coming. I hope these guys are OK. Anyone know the whereabouts of Melon, Trouty and Locomis? I hope they are doing well.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Looking back on PMs it's been a few years for Trouty but last I talked to him he was doing fine. Don't want to give too much away as it was in PMs and not sure if he ever posted it for "public" viewing. I know he just got busy with work.
Hope he got his alcoholism under control. (He was very open about that in the forum.)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hey Folks,

There are some old time great posters than haven’t been around in a long time. Given the team’s success I would haven thought some cameos were coming. I hope these guys are OK. Anyone know the whereabouts of Melon, Trouty and Locomis? I hope they are doing well.
Don't know about the other two, but @Melonfeud is probably in a secret government facility, for "observation". :muttley:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking back on PMs it's been a few years for Trouty but last I talked to him he was doing fine. Don't want to give too much away as it was in PMs and not sure if he ever posted it for "public" viewing. I know he just got busy with work.
He seemed to be going through a life change and was focusing more on his son and taking better care of himself.

He was so honest in his struggle and open about needing to change, I was immediately drawn to him and am really pulling for him to get happy.

We've got this sports site designed to discuss the team we're all fans of but if people can look deeper, and especially in the Members and Off-Topic Zones, they find something deeper and more meaningful, if that's what they're looking for and not everyone is.

I went looking for a place to talk about the Cowboys and found a bunch of friends and those people are as important as the ones I've made in person over the years. You get to see the quality of the person through their thoughts and words here and that is restorative to me in my faith in humankind. So easy to get sucked into that "people are just rotten" feeling when all we get fed is the negative side.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He seemed to be going through a life change and was focusing more on his son and taking better care of himself.

He was so honest in his struggle and open about needing to change, I was immediately drawn to him and am really pulling for him to get happy.

We've got this sports site designed to discuss the team we're all fans of but if people can look deeper, and especially in the Members and Off-Topic Zones, they find something deeper and more meaningful, if that's what they're looking for and not everyone is.

I went looking for a place to talk about the Cowboys and found a bunch of friends and those people are as important as the ones I've made in person over the years. You get to see the quality of the person through their thoughts and words here and that is restorative to me in my faith in humankind. So easy to get sucked into that "people are just rotten" feeling when all we get fed is the negative side.
It's just Cowboys fans who make life worth not going to prison. Everyone else is trying my patience! :)

Xelda

Reaction score

Ain't it the truth! Y'all would want to choke me in person when our team loses though.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to talk to him on the phone and then one day he stopped answering or calling. His old number belongs to someone else now. Hope he is doing well.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Trouty and at least one of his tag team buddies LocimusPrime took off after their schemes for getting “likes” were foiled. Both were trolling for “likes” to gain status and popularity. Dallasdave was part of the group trolling for “likes.” Hardly ever saw Trouty talk football. He would praise posters to gain followers. He called them his posse. He was so full of himself it was hilarious. He was on a mission to lead the board in “likes.” He was coming up with all kinds of schemes. He gained over 5000 “likes” in less than a week and he was posting mostly in a thread (beer thread) where the “like” feature was disabled because he created the thread to get “likes.” Lol I remember once he hadn’t posted in a few days except in the beer thread but his “like” total kept skyrocketing. :huh: His schemes were all being figured it out so he stopped posting. I believe he made an excuse about a custody battle with his ex for why he stopped posting. :laugh:

Last edited: