Some missing posters

ESisback

Reaction score
Two of my favorites are back. Erod and Don. Although E doesn’t look to be hanging around long .

Ron is probably health related. Who knows , we’ve lost almost a million people to the virus, it seems likely we might have lost some here. I’ve lost 2 in my family alone.
That sucks. Condolences. Where have you seen Don?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Funny how people seem to appreciate things most after they’re gone.
Don was so gifted & creative . Like so many others I’ve heard he wasn’t able to get on this site . And just gave up for a long time. He provided so many of the graphics on old site and some personal photo shops just for me. Like this one.
DQ9LgdJ.jpg

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I forgot about some of those guys until you listed them. When I see an older, active poster suddenly disappear unannounced...let's hope they're all fine.
Yep and I prefer that posters keep us aware of what's going on because I become attached to them and I really want to know they're OK. If they're pissed at the team and down on them, they don't have to leave us.

And some posters are therapeutic. Take Melonfeud for instance. His posts are stimuli for the brain to keep us from dementia, the Japanese should use his posts as brain puzzles on their breaks. My favorite posts are when someone had figured out the puzzle and can't wait to share it with the rest of us.

I used to think I was quite a bit older than the gen pop here but I have discovered that's not the case. When one enters the Age of Mortality, it is important for them to keep us posted on their present standing, their health and their state of mind.

I went looking for some fellow fans to talk football and the Cowboys with years ago and found something far more than that. And that is impossible to explain to people who've not experienced that.

I hope the ones that have left are OK and I hope they know they are missed. People need to know they're important. And I am too damned busy and old to be worrying about them, show some consideration for others!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hey guys, is Coogs still around? I use to talk at him all the time here and on the old DC site.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The world is toxic, we have to fight that not avoid it.
But this fan forum isn't the real world. People don't talk to each other like some do here, in the real world. Not to mention that there are unfair biases here I won't get into, but it's BS. That's why I step away from it from time to time because the negativity here isn't going to ruin my good time. I know NON Dallas fans that are more realistic than some here. Toxic for no reason.

ESisback

Reaction score
But this fan forum isn't the real world. People don't talk to each other like some do here, in the real world. Not to mention that there are unfair biases here I won't get into, but it's BS. That's why I step away from it from time to time because the negativity here isn't going to ruin my good time. I know NON Dallas fans that are more realistic than some here. Toxic for no reason.
Spot on, G! I only come back because of you and CC, Gipper, Runny, Daboyzrule, CapnB, and a handful of others and the hilarity that ensues. Plus, addiction to The Star.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
TY:thumbup: Very good. Now if we can have Cowboyron show up that would be nice.
You're very welcome dear. Ron's still around, very rarely though. He's been dealing w/a personal loss. It's been really hard for him. Such a sweet man.
how about Billy Bates? The Emperor?
Lol. Bill's had it with our Cowboys. Besides that, Mrs. Bates has him doing various house projects now that he's retired. Plus he likes his hunting in between those projects. That was the last report.
The Emperor is a reporter for a Dallas Cowboys local syndicate.

And Futreardoc became just that, an ear doctor. After losing her husband to cancer 8 years ago, she's been very busy w/work & her children. I'm sure you remember her being she used a picture of herself in her avatar. Hubby was a huge 'Skins fan.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Real world? No, cyber world? Yes This is the major complaint I see about all social media. People leave their empathy and humanity behind when they go to these sites.

Allowing some human beings anonymity removes their human qualities and they become hurtful and at times, vicious. They see nothing wrong with taking their frustrations out on someone they do not know and will most likely, they hope, never meet.

But G, you are right, it happens here too frequently and I didn't realize that until I began to moderate the forums. Many filled with anger just itching to unleash on someone. And the problem with that is what you are describing, collateral damage to those that have to read the cat fights.

But then someone posts a thread of concern or suffering and it shifts into a caring community.

I do not judge the forums by the ones that seek to turn it into their own hateful hunting ground but by posters I have known for so long like you. That's my magic, my connection and I would never allow posters behaving badly to interrupt that. So, when I have to read the vitriol and deal with it, I then seek out those that matter to me as a balance.

Last edited: