Some of you need to calm down and take a deep breath

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Seattle wasn't supposed to be good last year either. What a difference a year has made with Pete Carroll running things up there. The Cowboys will not rush for over 2100 yards [2009] this season and I will eat my hat if it happens. The Cowboys will continue to do what they have done under Garrett's offensive philosophy, that is chuck the ball around the yard and hope for the best, running game or not. It is early but Romo is throwing the ball over 40 times in games where the Cowboys are leading. Imagine what might happen when they meet more potent offenses like Denver in a few weeks. Very few teams and quarterbacks can get away with such an unbalanced offensive performance week in, week out. The Cowboys ain't one of them.

You know what's sad? I actually wish we would chuck the ball around in stead of a 3 yard out on 3rd and 8. If we're gonna throw 45 times a game (which I wish we wouldn't do) take some damn shots down field

Frozen700

Reaction score
The Cowboys lost a close one to an AFC team at their house.

The Commanders got beat. The Eagles got beat. Chances are the Giants are going to be beat.

You aren't going to win every game.

The Cowboys have a lot of work to do, especially on the offensive side...but it can be done.

So step away from the ledge and realize that losing to an AFC team in their house doesn't end the season. Jeez.

Oh please....Pipe down, you rose petal smelling Nancy.

Hysteria is the way to go.

Take a deep breathe? Nah, some would rather have a heart attack, thank you.

Proximo

Reaction score
The Cowboys lost a close one to an AFC team at their house.

The Commanders got beat. The Eagles got beat. Chances are the Giants are going to be beat.

You aren't going to win every game.

The Cowboys have a lot of work to do, especially on the offensive side...but it can be done.

So step away from the ledge and realize that losing to an AFC team in their house doesn't end the season. Jeez.

Very well stated.

Losing to an out of conference team in week 2 is no reason to even get near the panic button. No team is making the playoffs in week 2, and no team is getting eliminated from the playoffs in week 2. I still think the 2013 Cowboys are going to prove to be a serious improvement over the 2012 version.

And I'll even go as far as saying I still think they'll finish the season with around 11 wins. This loss to the Chiefs will be a distant memory by December.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

this team should be better than a nailbiter every week.

Why do you say that? 3/4 of the teams in the league aren't. That's the NFL. We're not one of the elite teams, and I'm not sure you can make a good case that, personnel wise, we should be. We've got above-average personnel, at most, in my book. Definitely good enough to contend for post-season. Beyond that, it's a crap shoot whether or not we can stay healthy and steal a game from the very best teams in the conference.

Proximo

Reaction score
Why do you say that? 3/4 of the teams in the league aren't. That's the NFL. We're not one of the elite teams, and I'm not sure you can make a good case that, personnel wise, we should be. We've got above-average personnel, at most, in my book. Definitely good enough to contend for post-season. Beyond that, it's a crap shoot whether or not we can stay healthy and steal a game from the very best teams in the conference.

Seriously. As much as I'd like to sit back and enjoy a game where Dallas grabs a 2 TD lead in the second quarter and just holds it the rest of the way, I realize that's not realistic, and so should any reasonable fan. It might be cliche at this point, but it truly is a league of parity.

Anyone doubting it can just look at the league schedule from the 1st two weeks and see how many close games there were. Right now there's only a couple teams that clearly appear to be head and shoulders above the rest, but it's still very early and it could be a completely different story come December.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
The Chiefs aren't good though...you have to win the games you should win. If the Cowboys are a playoff team like in 2009 then they'd take care of business and not worry about division watching in week 2.

a team that won two games but had 15th ranked defense last year.... one of the top front seven in football on defense and the youngest up and coming offensive line in football and Andy Reid has more wins against the cowboys than any other head coach,,,doesn't sound like a bad football team with a good draft and offseason and why I picked KC to win yesterday since Dallas is now 1-9 in games after beating the giants...

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score

Why? because I'm runnin' out of nails! haha

Staubacher

Reaction score
Only 3 nfc teams are 2-0 Bears, Saints and Seahawks. And all 3 have won at least one close ugly game. The main thing is we keep improving. I think we will

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
You know what's sad? I actually wish we would chuck the ball around in stead of a 3 yard out on 3rd and 8. If we're gonna throw 45 times a game (which I wish we wouldn't do) take some damn shots down field

Truly. If you threw 10 up to Dez downfield, I bet he would come up with about 6 or 7 of them and the rest he would keep the defender from catching them.

When Kitna went in for Romo when he went down in Dez's rookie season, he would chunk them up to Dez and even then, as a green rookie, he would come down with a lot of them.

Go downfield to Dez. Please. You won't regret it.